Author Topic: Blagojevich: House Democrats Would Have Impeached Lincoln  (Read 310 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Blagojevich: House Democrats Would Have Impeached Lincoln
« on: January 02, 2020, 04:55:47 am »
Blagojevich: House Democrats Would Have Impeached Lincoln

I, like most people from my home state of Illinois, am a great admirer of Abraham Lincoln.

Recently I've wondered what would have happened had Nancy Pelosi been the Speaker of the House when Abraham Lincoln was president.

Would Speaker Pelosi's House Democrats use the same flimsy impeachment standard they are currently using to impeach Honest Abe, one of the greatest presidents in the history of our country?

In 1998 I was a member of the U.S. House of Representatives during the Clinton impeachment, and in 2009, as the 40th governor of Illinois, I had the unhappy experience of being impeached and removed from office.

Nevertheless, I offer this interesting and unique perspective about impeachment as I sit here in prison.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/trump-impeachment-abraham-lincoln-rod-blagojevich/2020/01/01/id/948017/

:raise hand:  Oh, oh......…I get it.  Rod working it for the pardon.

LOL!  Who wants to take bets that Trump will be tweeting this?  Or bet on whether Blagojevich gets a pardon??
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Blagojevich: House Democrats Would Have Impeached Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 06:44:21 pm »
His wife has made an appeal to Trump to release him early from his sentence.  I thought the article was insightful and in fact a reveal if events of the day had been different.  One could run similar scenarios with virtually every past POTUS.  But what Rod is doing is condemning of the party for which he is a member.  They have all lost their sanity, so for him to speak out against his party is interesting. 

I say it is a smart move on his part.  Certainly no harm can come of it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Blagojevich: House Democrats Would Have Impeached Lincoln
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 07:53:53 pm »
@Chosen Daughter 

If anything, this just reduced the chance of a Pardon to around zero.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: