Author Topic: Crowd shouting 'down USA' attempts to storm US Embassy in Baghdad report says  (Read 4764 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Rocket falls near US embassy in Iraq - hours after funeral of top Iranian general Qassem Soleimani

A rocket has fallen near the US embassy in Baghdad - hours after mourners chanted "death to America" over the killing of Iran's top general in an airstrike.

There were no casualties after the rocket fell near the embassy compound in the Iraqi capital's green zone, police sources told Reuters.

Meanwhile, two Katyusha rockets have fallen near Iraq's Balad air base, which houses US forces. No casualties have been reported following this incident.

https://news.sky.com/story/iran-mourns-general-killed-in-us-airstrike-and-threatens-to-punish-americans-within-reach-11900921
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Some of the Iraqis support us, others don't.

I think Iraq, some sectors that is, probably helped us reign in Soleimani.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Iranian commander threatens dozens of targets 'within our reach'
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2020, 10:42:03 pm »
Iranian commander threatens dozens of targets 'within our reach'
By Marty Johnson - 01/04/20 04:21 PM EST

A senior Iranian commander said late Friday that several dozen U.S. targets across the Middle East could be threatened in response to the U.S. killing Iran's top military general this week.

“The Strait of Hormuz is a vital point for the West and a large number of American destroyers and warships cross there," Gen. Gholamali Abuhamzeh, head of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps in the southern province of Kerman, told the Tasnim news agency, according to Reuters.

"Vital American targets in the region have been identified by Iran since long time ago ... some 35 U.S. targets in the region as well as Tel Aviv are within our reach,” he added.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/policy-strategy/476787-iranian-commander-threatens-dozens-of-targets-within-our-reach
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Iranian commander threatens dozens of targets 'within our reach'
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2020, 10:49:52 pm »
General?

Captain Obvious made General?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2020, 11:05:33 pm »
Ghonoria Abuhamzeh,  Are you just gonna bark all day little doggie, or are you gonna bite?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2020, 11:09:12 pm »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2020, 11:18:50 pm »

But gee golly goshdarnit...we only have that one set. And it would take weeks to get another cheapo Chinese knockoff.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2020, 12:14:22 am »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
1h
Iran is talking very boldly about targeting certain USA assets as revenge for our ridding the world of their terrorist leader who had just killed an American, & badly wounded many others, not to mention all of the people he had killed over his lifetime, including recently....

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
1h
....hundreds of Iranian protesters. He was already attacking our Embassy, and preparing for additional hits in other locations. Iran has been nothing but problems for many years. Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have.....

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
1h
....targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran &  the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD. The USA wants no more threats!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2020, 12:33:57 am »
That was a big-time tweet by the President.  Normally, Iran and others might think "he wouldn't dare!"

Betcha they don't think that any more.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2020, 12:39:05 am »
That was a big-time tweet by the President.  Normally, Iran and others might think "he wouldn't dare!"

Betcha they don't think that any more.

Yep. They won't be symbolically talking out of their asses. They will literally be talking out of them.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2020, 01:58:49 am »
Trump threatens to hit 52 Iranian targets 'very fast and very hard'
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-threatens-to-hit-52-iranian-targets-very-fast-and-very-hard-if-country-seeks-revenge

They have never seen anything like Trump.  H eain't no Obama

Offline DB

« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2020, 02:12:42 am »
We'll see how much Iran believes in their hole in the ground end of the world Imam faith.

Because now is their chance.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2020, 02:59:52 am »
Apparently Graham was on elevision in a golf cart with Trump, before which Graham warned the Iranian refineries and economy might be hit next.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2020, 03:05:06 am »
Trump threatens to hit 52 Iranian targets 'very fast and very hard'
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-threatens-to-hit-52-iranian-targets-very-fast-and-very-hard-if-country-seeks-revenge

My concern is all the rumored (?) 'sleeper cells' within the U.S. that we heard about after 9-11.  Will they try to retaliate on U.S. soil?  Possibly another incident similar to 9-11??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2020, 03:10:00 am »
My concern is all the rumored (?) 'sleeper cells' within the U.S. that we heard about after 9-11.  Will they try to retaliate on U.S. soil?  Possibly another incident similar to 9-11??

Could happen.  Large scale... Not probable.  Not worried.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2020, 03:20:45 am »

acknowledged.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2020, 03:25:24 am »

Offline DB

« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2020, 03:51:19 am »

And if Iran were to do such a thing what do you think would happen to Iran?

No nation building. Its military and government would be smoking craters in short order.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2020, 05:55:46 am »
You want it to be so.

No, just didn't even want to entertain the thought.  But it is entirely possible. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2020, 01:55:10 pm »
No, just didn't even want to entertain the thought.  But it is entirely possible.

Nah.  You you really do.  You have the mindset of a Democrat.  You want it to come true so you can blame Trump and beat him up with it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2020, 02:16:29 pm »
Khamenei adviser says Iran will target US 'military sites'
https://thehill.com/policy/international/middle-east-north-africa/476810-khamenei-adviser-says-iran-will-target-us

This guy is an early Graduate of the Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf school for mis-information. 

rangerrebew

Exclusive: Supreme Leader's military adviser says Iran's response will be 'against military sites'

By Fred Pleitgen and Schams Elwazer, CNN

Updated 8:24 AM ET, Sun January 5, 2020

Tehran, Iran (CNN)The military adviser to Iran's Supreme Leader said Sunday that his country's response to the killing by the United States of one its most influential commanders will certainly be a military response "against military sites."
In an exclusive interview with CNN in Tehran, Hossein Dehghan, the military adviser to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei, said: "The response for sure will be military and against military sites."

Dehghan, a former defense minister, is the main military adviser to Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and is very close to the Supreme Leader.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/01/05/middleeast/iran-soleimani-khamenei-adviser-intl/index.html

rangerrebew

I know we can trust Iran to follow through on their statements and they would never hit something other than military targets.  If you don't believe Iran or me, you can contact any democrat member of congress and he/she/zhe will tell you the same thing. *****rollingeyes*****