Author Topic: New York synagogue stabbing attack results in several injuries: reports  (Read 1798 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: New York synagogue stabbing attack results in several injuries: reports
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2019, 07:24:23 pm »
Guardian Angels to patrol Jewish neighborhoods in New York City after recent attacks
"We're a visual deterrence," said Curtis Sliwa, who founded the unarmed crime-prevention group.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/guardian-angels-patrol-jewish-neighborhoods-new-york-city-after-recent-n1108251?fbclid=IwAR3e3una5hghUMitSCaOYyfzEdKc56t26C4sfrUfFV1w9IF0Ru8PMYegytE
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2019, 07:37:43 pm »
They also caught the suspect.  https://nypost.com/2019/12/29/rockland-county-stabbing-thomas-grafton-identified-as-suspect/
@TomSea
@Once-Ler
@Gefn

Not long ago, a year or so ago, a Jewish man left England and brought his family to the US.  He said his father told him about their being Jewish, "Whenever you don't feel safe sitting on a park bench, move."  Whatever was happening then in their part of England, Jews were being targeted.  He said he was now fearful to sit on a park bench there, so they moved here. 

Jews want to live their lives just as we want to live ours.  Give the death penalty to anyone who attacks them whether a Jew dies or not in the attack.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 07:49:05 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2019, 08:26:47 pm »
We are going to have to get accustomed to having armed guards and enhanced security in every public place -- including, sadly, our houses of worship.  People who say they don't want metal detectors or armed guards at church, schools or wherever have to get their heads out of the sand.  Decent, law abiding citizens of every stipe are under threat from an assortment of terrorists and nutcases.  We have to defend ourselves and this is the only best way to do it.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2019, 09:57:10 pm »
@TomSea
@Once-Ler
@Gefn

Not long ago, a year or so ago, a Jewish man left England and brought his family to the US.  He said his father told him about their being Jewish, "Whenever you don't feel safe sitting on a park bench, move."  Whatever was happening then in their part of England, Jews were being targeted.  He said he was now fearful to sit on a park bench there, so they moved here. 

Jews want to live their lives just as we want to live ours.  Give the death penalty to anyone who attacks them whether a Jew dies or not in the attack.
@Victoria33
If it is up to me, and it isn't, I support enhanced penalties for anti-semitic hate crimes, but I'm not sure I support the death penalty for anything short of murder...perhaps if gross torture was involved in an attempted murder, but I would need to look at the details.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2019, 10:13:55 pm »
I'm not sure I support the death penalty for anything short of murder
States whose laws provide for the death penalty already state that it applies only to premeditated murder.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2019, 10:18:55 pm »
States whose laws provide for the death penalty already state that it applies only to premeditated murder.

If they are tried and convicted in a federal court of law in a state without the death penalty they can kill em.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2019, 10:20:23 pm »
@Victoria33
If it is up to me, and it isn't, I support enhanced penalties for anti-semitic hate crimes, but I'm not sure I support the death penalty for anything short of murder...perhaps if gross torture was involved in an attempted murder, but I would need to look at the details.
@Once-Ler

I would kill who "attempted" to do it so the next guy would know he is going to die if he attacks Jews, whether they die or not.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2019, 10:22:20 pm »
Bill de Blasio on Hanukkah Attack: Trump’s ‘Hateful Speech’ Emboldened Violent Forces
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/12/29/bill-de-blasio-on-hanukkah-attack-trumps-hateful-speech-emboldened-violent-forces/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2019, 10:37:24 pm »
Bill de Blasio on Hanukkah Attack: Trump’s ‘Hateful Speech’ Emboldened Violent Forces
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/12/29/bill-de-blasio-on-hanukkah-attack-trumps-hateful-speech-emboldened-violent-forces/

:pondering:

Funny how  those white nationalist Trump supporters are kinda absent in these attacks on the Jews.   Is Big Bird that stupid to keep pushing that screed?

Offline bilo

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2019, 10:38:19 pm »
Did anyone notice that the shooting in the Texas church today ended because a good guy with a gun killed the garbage that was shooting at members of the church?

Maybe it's time NYers get rid of their gun control elites and allow lawful citizens to protect themselves. Enough is enough.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Applewood

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2019, 11:04:57 pm »

Yet another stupid comment from the stupid mayor in NY.   Next he will be calling for confiscation of all sharp objects.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Applewood

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2019, 11:14:50 pm »
Did anyone notice that the shooting in the Texas church today ended because a good guy with a gun killed the garbage that was shooting at members of the church?

Maybe it's time NYers get rid of their gun control elites and allow lawful citizens to protect themselves. Enough is enough.

Funny how that fact was conveniently omitted or glossed over by most media, at least initially.  It just doesn't fit the narrative, ya know.

Yes, there was at least one fatality, but had it not been for this armed parishioner, the body count would have been worse.  Plus the armed parishioner just saved the taxpayers a boatload of money.  They won't have to feed, clothe and house the scumbag or provide medical and legal services for him.

Thing is, most anti-gun people I know will ignore all this and focus on the one fatality. 

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2019, 11:19:57 pm »

On Sunday broadcast of MSNBC’s “Weekends,” New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio commented on five people being stabbed in an attack at a synagogue in New York’s Rockland County.

De Blasio said, “For the last three years in this country the forces of hate have been unleashed, and we see more and more violence associated with those hateful impulses. Some of it organized and premeditated. The uptick in hate crimes in this city has led the NYPD to recognize we’ve got to get under the skin of these trends and see if they can disrupt them.”

He continued, “We’ve also known for years that there are white supremacists forces that are organizing to do violence. We know about the militias in some parts of the country. They’ve targeted law enforcement. These right-wing militias have targeted law enforcement for years in this country. Unfortunately, that trend is growing, that form of extremism. We’ve got to be able to track it and disrupt it in a way that, honestly, we didn’t face before in the city, nor much of the country. But let’s be honest, the last three years everything has changed. Once hate gets normalized, it spreads like wildfire, and it takes a more violent form, and we’ve got to stop it now before we end up making the wrong kind of history.”

Does he really believe those lies? Or imagine the people of his city believe his fabrications?

* It's BLM-types and the Antifoids who have targeted and killed police, including in his city. Not "right-wing militias".

* It's been mostly (almost entirely?) extreme black nationalist types, extremist Muslims, and other leftist-inspired @#$%s who have been committing the antisemitic acts and attacks, Not "right-wing militias" and/or white supremacists.

Until pols like de Blah-Blahsio acknowledge this reality, they will hinder and divert resources from taking on the real problem causes.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2019, 11:27:50 pm »
‘I threw a coffee table’ — witness fought rabbi house attacker
‘He started hitting people right and left,’ says Joseph Gluck, describing how he tried to stop machete-wielding assailant at Monsey Hanukkah celebration

By Peter HUTCHISON   Today,

Betancur / AFP)

MONSEY, New York (AFP) — When a machete-wielding intruder stormed into a rabbi’s house in a New York suburb during a Hannukah celebration late Saturday, Joseph Gluck fought back.

“He was a big, husky, guy,” said 30-year-old Gluck on Sunday, recalling that the attacker wore a scarf covering his face.

“I could only see his forehead and his eyes. He came in wielding a big knife, sword-like machete.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/i-threw-a-coffee-table-witness-fought-rabbi-house-attacker/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Offline bilo

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2019, 12:06:48 am »
Funny how that fact was conveniently omitted or glossed over by most media, at least initially.  It just doesn't fit the narrative, ya know.

Yes, there was at least one fatality, but had it not been for this armed parishioner, the body count would have been worse.  Plus the armed parishioner just saved the taxpayers a boatload of money.  They won't have to feed, clothe and house the scumbag or provide medical and legal services for him.

Thing is, most anti-gun people I know will ignore all this and focus on the one fatality.

How many died at the deli last month? How many died over the years at all the schools where no one had the ability to defend themselves?

Your right anti-2nd amnd people will point out the one death at the Church in Texas (the other death was the animal). They purposely miss the point that there would have been a lot more killed if it weren't for the good guy with the gun.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2019, 12:08:56 am »
How many died at the deli last month? How many died over the years at all the schools where no one had the ability to defend themselves?

Your right anti-2nd amnd people will point out the one death at the Church in Texas (the other death was the animal). They purposely miss the point that there would have been a lot more killed if it weren't for the good guy with the gun.

Ah..I think you went off half cocked.  Re read what she wrote.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2019, 01:18:45 am »
CHANUKAH STABBING: Monsey Machete Assailant Is a Recent Muslim Convert And May Be Linked to Another BRUTAL Synagogue Stabbing
By Pamela Geller - on December 29, 2019

...   A highly credible law-enforcement source tells Yeshiva World News that the Monsey stabbing attack suspect, Thomas E. Grafton, is a RECENT MUSLIM CONVERT. Why is it that millions of converts to Islam “misunderstand” Islam in the exactly the same way? Who are the true misunderstanders – Islamic apologists or true Muslims?   ...  More from Pamela Geller

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2019, 01:20:08 am »
A highly credible law-enforcement source tells Yeshiva World News that the Monsey stabbing attack suspect, Thomas E. Grafton, is a RECENT MUSLIM CONVERT.

No shit. 

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2019, 01:52:07 am »
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/12/29/not-complicated-nbc-news-fact-checker-erin-biba-deletes-account-after-claiming-jew-stabbings-in-monsey-complicated/

NOT complicated: NBC News fact-checker Erin Biba deletes ACCOUNT after claiming Jew stabbings in Monsey ‘complicated’

We see a lot of blue-checks on Twitter who tweet something REALLY stupid and then delete it to save face, but it’s not every day we see one of them not only delete the tweet but their account as well. This is exactly what NBC News fact-checker Erin Biba did after she lectured Tweeps about how the stabbing of five Jews during a Hanukkah celebration in Monsey, NY was ‘complicated’ and that people should stand in solidarity against white supremacy.
Wingo is a Jedi name

@mikepinkshoes

I was going to ask @erinbiba about this tweet, but I seem to can’t find it ... hmmm? ... and now the courageous Blue Check Mark tweeter is hiding behind protected tweets ... @jack can your elite Blue Check Mark brigade lock their accounts? I thought that was against policy

Erin Biba

@erinbiba

The situation in NY (and let's be clear we don't know who perpetrated the Monsey attack yet) is *massively complicated* and a growing division among two communities. What we need right now is a way to find solidarity with each other against our shared enemy of white supremacy.

7:41 29/12/2019

1. She apparently Tweeted this before the identity of the attacker was known, but ...

2. A high school newspaper writer knows better than to publish these sorts of unqualified statements without knowing facts.

3. However, Part 1 ... if she didn't know who the attacker was, why this statement, "and a growing division among two communities"?

4. However, Part 2 ... if she didn't know who the attacker was, why this statement, "solidarity with each other against our shared enemy of white supremacy"? It is inconsistent with her "two communities", but taken together they suggest she had at least a VERY strong general suspicion concerning the attacker, and needed to deflect readers' attention from what she expected.

5. This, is the US' mainstream media having a Freudian Slip.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2019, 01:56:29 am »
https://nypost.com/2019/12/29/cops-probing-whether-monsey-stabbing-suspect-grafton-thomas-tied-to-earlier-synagogue-attack/

Monsey stabbing suspect Grafton Thomas may be linked to earlier synagogue attack

Authorities are investigating whether Grafton Thomas, the man charged in a machete attack on Hanukkah celebrants in Monsey, is tied to a recent stabbing near a village synagogue, a law-enforcement official told The Post on Sunday.

Details of the incident under investigation were unclear, but a 30-year man was beaten and repeatedly knifed while walking to the Mosdos Meharam Brisk Tashnad religious center in Monsey around 5:30 a.m. on Nov. 20, the Journal News reported at the time.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2019, 03:04:36 am »
Textbook Muslim convert behavior.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2019, 11:52:41 am »
@PeteS in CA

Today's news media never learns.  Remember the San Bernardino killings?  The bodies weren't even cold yet when so-called experts were all over the news (MSNBC was a particular culprit) to declare this was the work of those "right-wing (Christian) gun nuts."  When it turned out the two perps were Muslim, I never heard an "oops, we wuz wrong."  For a time the media didn't speculate about the killers, but it looks like they're back to getting their exercise jumping to conclusions. 

These days in the media, it's the narrative that's important and who cares about facts?  Real journalism is dead.  Now it's propaganda. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 12:27:29 pm by Applewood »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2019, 12:16:08 pm »
Avital Chizhik-Goldschmidt
@avitalrachel
From fear...to joy. Here in Monsey, a Torah scroll dedication proceeds through the streets. A day of so many emotions here.

Video of "procession"? yesterday:

https://twitter.com/avitalrachel/status/1211374223660376064

More:   

https://twitter.com/avitalrachel/status/1211384795772674048

Whatever, the tweets are helpful, this lady may write for the "Forward" which is progressive. It does not detract from the reporting on the event.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2019, 12:32:37 pm »
@TomSea

After a tragedy like this, I believe it's important for people to carry on.  Just can't hide in a closet and live in fear.  Otherwise, the terrorists win.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2019, 01:45:16 pm »
Report: Police eye Hanukkah stabbing suspect in similar November attack

Dec. 30 (UPI) -- Police are investigating suspect Grafton Thomas, arrested for the stabbing of five Orthodox Jews on Saturday in suburban New York City, in connection with another stabbing in the same town last month.

Citing police sources, the New York Post reported authorities are looking at Thomas, 37, in connection with a Nov. 20 attack in Monsey, N.Y., in which a 30-year-old Jewish man was beaten and repeatedly stabbed while on his way to a village synagogue.

In that attack, the victim was so badly beaten that authorities initially believed he had been hit by a car.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2019/12/30/Report-Police-eye-Hanukkah-stabbing-suspect-in-similar-November-attack/1721577704833/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️