Author Topic: Mile high ugh: What you should know before you eat airplane food  (Read 577 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mile high ugh: What you should know before you eat airplane food
« on: December 28, 2019, 07:11:05 pm »
Mile high ugh: What you should know before you eat airplane food
Airline food caterers face limited oversight with infrequent inspections, numerous violations and few consequences.

Dec. 27, 2019, 7:19 AM CST / Updated Dec. 27, 2019, 10:54 AM CST
By Adiel Kaplan, Lindsey Bomnin, Vicky Nguyen, Julianna Rennie and Erin Williams

Jason Alderman was hungry. It was the beginning of his regular Sunday night commute from San Francisco to Boston, but unlike most weeks, he hadn't grabbed food before boarding his plane. So that June 2018 evening, the public relations executive did something he'd sworn he'd never do again: He ate the in-flight meal.

Sitting in business class, he ordered the duck ravioli after he says the flight attendant assured him it was "very good." But a few hours later, Alderman knew something was wrong.

"About three-quarters of the way through the flight, I start feeling really bad. Really, really bad," he recalled. "If you've never had food poisoning before, it's like going 10 rounds with Muhammad Ali."

Alderman says he managed to reach his Boston apartment before he became violently ill.

He can't remember how long it lasted. "You sort of get lost in this time warp of misery," he said. "I got a few hours of sleep, cleaned myself off, took a shower, and went into work. It was probably one of my lower performing days."

more
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/mile-high-ugh-what-you-should-know-you-eat-airplane-n1060461
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Mile high ugh: What you should know before you eat airplane food
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 07:31:08 pm »
Duck Ravioli?  A "First World Problem."  Back in the cheap seats we only get a tiny bag with two mini-pretzels.  I remember the golden days of air travel when I could get peanuts.  Since the TSA, I don't fly anymore anyway.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 09:41:25 pm »
Sounds like a Ryans Steak House kinda "Movement."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 10:24:17 pm »
Maybe first class is different, but the chow in coach ranges from mediocre to barely edible. Haven't gotten sick yet, but the food is nothing to look forward to.....unless you haven't eaten for a few days or more.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2019, 10:32:55 pm »
Sounds like a Ryans Steak House kinda "Movement."

I know its been around at least 10 years, but when I first saw that, it was the funniest damn thing I had ever read on the internet.

http://www.ihos.com/steakhouse.html
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 10:40:50 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 10:42:02 pm »
I know its been around at least 10 years, but when I first saw that it was the funniest damn thing I had ever read on the internet.

It had me in stitches!  Followed by Dave Barry: A journey into my colon — and yours !  Two of the funniest reads ever!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 10:42:19 pm »
Maybe first class is different, but the chow in coach ranges from mediocre to barely edible. Haven't gotten sick yet, but the food is nothing to look forward to.....unless you haven't eaten for a few days or more.

That's why I like flying SWA.  Eating a bag of dry roasted peanuts probably won't give you Salmonella.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.