Author Topic: Hallmark movies are fascist propaganda  (Read 464 times)

rangerrebew

Hallmark movies are fascist propaganda
« on: December 27, 2019, 04:08:14 pm »
Hallmark movies are fascist propaganda
Forget "Triumph of the Will" — the most insidious authoritarian propaganda comes in the form of schmaltz

Amanda Marcotte
December 25, 2019 10:30PM (UTC)

The Hallmark Channel has been having a rough go of it in the past few weeks. The cable TV behemoth, which has been minting money with its patented holiday season schmaltz, drew widespread criticism earlier this month when it pulled ads for the wedding company Zola that featured a lesbian couple kissing at their wedding. The company's initial excuse was that they do not allow ads that feature "overt public displays of affection," claiming the policy is "regardless of the participants."

This was, obviously, nonsense, as couples kissing at weddings is not only not outré, but generally seen as mandatory (and features in the channel's numerous rom-coms). Unsurprisingly, critics quickly found plenty of examples of straight snogging on the channel that shows that sexual orientation was the sole reason for the ad pull. (That, and Hallmark was clearly responding to a right-wing pressure campaign claiming that lesbian kissing "ruined" the channel's "family friendly" offerings.) Hallmark then flip-flopped, apologizing for pulling the ads and claiming they have been "a progressive pioneer on television for decades" and "committed to diversity and inclusion."

https://www.salon.com/2019/12/25/hallmark-christmas-movies-fascist-propaganda/

Offline verga

Re: Hallmark movies are fascist propaganda
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 04:27:05 pm »
 8bs8
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 04:32:14 pm »
Progressives are psychotic.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 04:54:56 pm »
Progressives are psychotic.
This is who you are dealing with:

Amanda Marcotte: “Free speech” is code for “white nationalism”

She's a raving lunatic leftist who, it should never be forgotten, was largely responsible for spreading false accusations against the Duke lacrosse team. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 05:00:23 pm »
They are equating wholesomeness, niceness, and virtue, (concepts which are foreign to Liberals) with what they call fascism.

To a Liberal, the word fascism is simply a scare word with no real meaning. To them, fascism equals something bad.
If they knew the true definition of what fascism really is they would recognize immediately that they are real fascists, and their shock troops Antifa are their brownshirts. AOC calls America a fascist nation.

As I said, this is because Liberals are idiots. They do not know the definition of fascism. To a Liberal, because they are retarded, anything they happen to disagree with, anything that is good and righteous and virtuous, is automatically fascist.

Being called a fascist by a Liberal is a compliment. It means that you are the opposite of them. Which is a good thing.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 05:01:14 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 05:48:02 pm »
Christmas movies with Christian themes!!!????? Well, I  never.
Next thing they're going to make movies about the fourth of July with patriotic symbols and plots.
Marcotte and people like her are enemies of America and western civilization.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 06:33:26 pm »
Yep, I really can't tell the difference between Hallmark Movies and "Triumph of the Will".

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2019, 06:47:20 pm »
This is who you are dealing with:

Amanda Marcotte: “Free speech” is code for “white nationalism”

She's a raving lunatic leftist who, it should never be forgotten, was largely responsible for spreading false accusations against the Duke lacrosse team.

Makes one wonder why any publication concerned about being taken seriously would run anything she wrote.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2019, 08:01:38 pm »
Salon writer loses her mind, calls Hallmark movies fascist
Libby Emmons, 1 hour ago 6 min read 
Hating on Hallmark has become an annual right of passage for progressive journalists, and Amanda Marcotte’s Salon piece “Hallmark movies are fascist propaganda” absolutely does not disappoint. Instead of taking the usual tact of calling it basic and boring, Marcotte deems it discriminatorily heteronormative, and authoritarian.  ...

I haven’t actually seen a Hallmark movie. But these are an odd handful of things to conflate. It’s not authoritarian to want to live in small towns. It’s not white nationalist to be happy to leave urban life. And it’s not Trumpian to plant roots in a locality and find a home there. He doesn’t seem to be about that at all, in fact.

Hallmark movies are for that wacky, wild subculture that everyone loves to hate, white heteronormative women. It’s super popular these days to hate women who want to fall in love and raise families, and if they’re white, we heap on the vitriolic icing even thicker. ...

It’s okay for people to live in different ways than Marcotte wishes them to.  Her evidence of fascism, authoritarianism, and totalitarianism, and she uses these terms interchangeably for purposes of degrading these films, is entirely symbolic. She claims that Hallmark movie harken back to Nazi filmmaker Leni Riefenstahl’s work, that Goebbels would have approved of them because they emphasize a certain, dominant concept of normalcy. She doesn’t define fascism, authoritarianism, or totalitarianism outside of 20th century symbols of them, and one wonders if she knows what the words mean. What is totalitarian is the Chinese government’s burning books that don’t align with the communist party line, and the crackdown on theaters by Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban.  ...
More at the PostMillennial

I've never watched a Hallmark Christmas movie, either. Guess I'm not enough of a Nazi.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2019, 08:49:18 pm »
Yep...all that Nazism is just a turn off. (Actually it has to do with schmaltzy for me, lol)

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2019, 10:31:37 pm »
@240B:  Liberals have never met a dictator, despot, pervert, or criminal they did not embrace and stand behind. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2019, 10:55:39 pm »
Yep, I really can't tell the difference between Hallmark Movies and "Triumph of the Will".
Wow. Come on. Triumph of the Will was in black and white....Hallmark uses color.

What this fool doesn't know is that simple folks like me just don't want homosexuality projected into our living rooms, something getting harder to avoid on television. But keep it up, the list of companies I will NEVER buy from is increasing in length, and those who cater to the 98% of the population I identify with have the best chances of getting my business.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis