Author Topic: Murkowski 'disturbed' by McConnell's pledge for 'total coordination' with White House on impeachment  (Read 250 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Murkowski 'disturbed' by McConnell's pledge for 'total coordination' with White House on impeachment
By Rebecca Klar - 12/25/19 10:24 AM EST

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Ala.) said she does not agree with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-Ky.) comments that he will work in “total coordination” with the White House during the looming impeachment trial.

“When I heard that I was disturbed,” Murkowski told KTUU, an NBC-affiliate, in an interview that aired Tuesday.

McConnell has been criticized for his comments by Democrats given that senators take an oath to be impartial jurors during the trial.

“To me,” Murkowski continued on the Senate’s Constitutional responsibility in the process, “it means we have to take that step back from being hand in glove with the defense. And so I heard what Leader McConnell had said, I happen to think that that has further confused the process.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/475901-murkowski-responds-to-mcconnell-call-for-total-coordination-with-white-house
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
We have our first wobbler...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34