Author Topic: Trump gives us back our light bulbs  (Read 749 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump gives us back our light bulbs
« on: December 23, 2019, 01:51:20 pm »
December 22, 2019
Trump gives us back our light bulbs
By Monica Showalter

Score another million votes for President Trump in the coming 2020 election.

The president has gotten rid of a despicable little micromanaging regulation left over from the Obama era, restoring the citizens' right to buy the light bulbs that fit their preferences and needs. According to The Hill:

“Today the Trump Administration chose to protect consumer choice by ensuring that the American people do not pay the price for unnecessary overregulation from the federal government,” Brouillette said in a statement. “Innovation and technology are already driving progress, increasing the efficiency and affordability of light bulbs, without federal government intervention. The American people will continue to have a choice on how they light their homes.”

Blocking the standards flies in the face of congressional intent, critics say, citing a 2007 act signed into law by President George W. Bush that requires all everyday bulbs to use 65 percent less energy than regular incandescent bulbs, which currently constitute about half of the bulb market.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/12/trump_gives_us_back_our_light_bulbs.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Trump gives us back our light bulbs
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 03:24:01 pm »
The article seems to be missing something ........ something like ....... what Trump actually did.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 07:52:47 pm »
The article seems to be missing something ........ something like ....... what Trump actually did.

Yeah. Incandescent bulbs never left... I still buy em all the time.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 08:09:00 pm »
Yeah. Incandescent bulbs never left... I still buy em all the time.

Low wattage bulbs is all I can find in stores.    I want 250 service grade so I can bake a cake in my Easy Bake Oven twice as fast as the original!

(In 2011, the last version to use a 100-watt incandescent light bulb was replaced by a new version with a dedicated heating element, titled Easy-Bake Ultimate Oven.)
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 08:27:04 pm »
Low wattage bulbs is all I can find in stores.    I want 250 service grade so I can bake a cake in my Easy Bake Oven twice as fast as the original!

(In 2011, the last version to use a 100-watt incandescent light bulb was replaced by a new version with a dedicated heating element, titled Easy-Bake Ultimate Oven.)

The ridiculousness of it all!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 08:41:23 pm »

Must be a state or regional thing... I buy incandescent bulbs firstly because I can't use LED. I am light sensitive, and LED light (as in computer screens) keep me awake (I won't get tired).

But that winds up being incidental, as I want the heat off the bulbs anyway. The 3-way lamp by my chair will legitimately take the chill off on a cold winter's day. And I still heat my well house with a standard 100 watt bulb. Likewise under the house - If it gets cold enough that the water starts to freeze up, there is a string of bulbs down there that produce enough heat to keep that at bay.

I have never had a problem finding incandescent bulbs. Any grocery store, and for sure building centers (where I get them)

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 09:18:51 pm »

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/475541-doe-announces-another-rollback-of-efficiency-standards-for

...the Department of Energy (DOE) announced Friday that it would block a measure designed to require more efficient lightbulbs, arguing the policy would be too expensive for consumers.

The announcement applies to widely-used, pear-shaped incandescent lightbulbs. Coupled with another controversial rule finalized in September, the move cements two remarkable decisions taken by the department this year to hamstring efficiency requirements for nearly every type of bulb used in America....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline DB

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2019, 09:21:27 pm »

Did you try eBay or Amazon?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2019, 09:27:03 pm »
https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/475541-doe-announces-another-rollback-of-efficiency-standards-for

...the Department of Energy (DOE) announced Friday that it would block a measure designed to require more efficient lightbulbs, arguing the policy would be too expensive for consumers.

The announcement applies to widely-used, pear-shaped incandescent lightbulbs. Coupled with another controversial rule finalized in September, the move cements two remarkable decisions taken by the department this year to hamstring efficiency requirements for nearly every type of bulb used in America....

Ain't it grand.   Now we have choice again.  If you want to go green, go green.  If you want to get the soft white glow of an incandescent bulb, you can do that.   More Winning.

Anyone hear from the Mentally ill child that is taking a vacation from her hard work as a cult spokesperson.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline thackney

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2019, 09:31:07 pm »

Why settle for small 250W?

https://www.topbulb.com/light-bulbs/incandescent/standard-a-shape/300-watt-1500-watt

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2019, 09:42:35 pm »
Must be a state or regional thing... I buy incandescent bulbs firstly because I can't use LED. I am light sensitive, and LED light (as in computer screens) keep me awake (I won't get tired).

But that winds up being incidental, as I want the heat off the bulbs anyway. The 3-way lamp by my chair will legitimately take the chill off on a cold winter's day. And I still heat my well house with a standard 100 watt bulb. Likewise under the house - If it gets cold enough that the water starts to freeze up, there is a string of bulbs down there that produce enough heat to keep that at bay.

I have never had a problem finding incandescent bulbs. Any grocery store, and for sure building centers (where I get them)
You bring up a point I grilled a congress critter over: That, in summer, we have up to 16 hours of daylight, and don't much use lights with all the sunshine, so little heat is 'wasted'. In the winter, when we have up to 16 hours of dark, it is seldom that the heat given off by incandescent bulbs is anything but welcome.

He didn't 'get it'. He has a different job now.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2019, 09:51:23 pm »
You bring up a point I grilled a congress critter over: That, in summer, we have up to 16 hours of daylight, and don't much use lights with all the sunshine, so little heat is 'wasted'. In the winter, when we have up to 16 hours of dark, it is seldom that the heat given off by incandescent bulbs is anything but welcome.

He didn't 'get it'. He has a different job now.

It really is a thing... Chicken coops, even... They are used specifically for their heat in all kinds of ways... But certainly in the wellhouse. every house I have lived in (all but one, which didn't have a well) has a light bulb in the well to turn on in the winter time.  I don't know how folks in northern climes can be separated from the common incandescent bulb.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 09:52:14 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2019, 11:41:52 pm »
"Trump gives us back our light bulbs"

Good move.
Now... give us back high-flow showerheads and bathroom faucets!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2019, 11:43:56 pm »

Good move.
And toilets that flush

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2019, 11:54:31 am »

Good move.
Remove the showerhead, drill out the flow restrictor, replace showerhead. Good to go, and it doesn't take half an hour to get wet.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2019, 02:37:53 pm »
Remove the showerhead, drill out the flow restrictor, replace showerhead. Good to go, and it doesn't take half an hour to get wet.

Yep. Done that to many a showerhead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2019, 03:21:07 pm »
Well I can agree with this.  Isn't it great!  And Trump can be assured that it isn't the lightbulb making him orange now.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline thackney

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2019, 04:26:49 pm »
It really is a thing... Chicken coops, even... They are used specifically for their heat in all kinds of ways... But certainly in the wellhouse. every house I have lived in (all but one, which didn't have a well) has a light bulb in the well to turn on in the winter time.  I don't know how folks in northern climes can be separated from the common incandescent bulb.

Heat Lamp bulbs best for this application.  Infrared to heat up the object directly rather than just radiated heat into the room.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2019, 03:51:40 pm »
 :yowsa: