Author Topic: Ken Starr: Nancy Pelosi's impeachment freeze 'constitutionally' wrong  (Read 407 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ken Starr: Nancy Pelosi's impeachment freeze 'constitutionally' wrong
By Julia Musto | Fox News

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., is "constitutionally wrong" in stalling the transfer of two articles of impeachment to the Senate, former Whitewater Independent Counsel Ken Starr said Saturday.

Appearing on "Fox & Friends: Weekend" with host Ed Henry, Starr said that while an "impeachment is an impeachment by any other name," Harvard legal scholar Noah Feldman -- one of the Democrats' witnesses who testified in favor of impeachment -- is "making a really good point."

In a Bloomberg op-ed, Feldman cautioned that, in order to officially impeach the president, Pelosi must send the articles of impeachment to the Republican-led Senate. He said that while she can delay sending the articles, she cannot do so for an "indefinite" period of time.

"it's an impeachment with a footnote or with an asterisk," Starr said. "By the way, it never went over to the Senate, which I think means that it's a bit of a phony impeachment."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/ken-starr-impeachment-noah-feldman-nancy-pelosi-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Ken Starr: Nancy Pelosi's impeachment freeze 'constitutionally' wrong
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 12:26:38 am »
I think the impeachment must be sent to the Senate eventually, but I have no problem with President Trump being impeached for several months before the Senate dismisses the charges.  Seems like a good headline stealing action that can be triggered at a later time for maximum impact.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 12:45:59 am »
I think the impeachment must be sent to the Senate eventually, but I have no problem with President Trump being impeached for several months before the Senate dismisses the charges.  Seems like a good headline stealing action that can be triggered at a later time for maximum impact.

So you would have the Dems play games with our founding document for political scorched earth?

Got it.
The Republic is lost.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 12:57:10 am »
So you would have the Dems play games with our founding document for political scorched earth?

Got it.
No you don't.

I would have the Dems hold President Trump to account for his actions since the GOP doesn't have the spine to judge President Trump.  There is no guidance from the Constitution on when articles of impeachment should be forwarded to the Senate.  That's not to say I think Dems should delay one second longer if their internal polls show the delay is hurting their chances of election victory in 2020.

Strange how this political stunt riles you up more than the President of the United States getting in front of cameras and begging Ukraine and China to dig up dirt on Biden, but we both have our standards and principles.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 02:04:17 am »
No you don't.

I would have the Dems hold President Trump to account for his actions since the GOP doesn't have the spine to judge President Trump.  There is no guidance from the Constitution on when articles of impeachment should be forwarded to the Senate.  That's not to say I think Dems should delay one second longer if their internal polls show the delay is hurting their chances of election victory in 2020.

Strange how this political stunt riles you up more than the President of the United States getting in front of cameras and begging Ukraine and China to dig up dirt on Biden, but we both have our standards and principles.

Obvioulsly the ends justify the means to you.

So you lack integrity, just like the Democrats.

Again, got it.
The Republic is lost.

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 02:48:42 am »
Obvioulsly the ends justify the means to you.

So you lack integrity, just like the Democrats.

Again, got it.

You seem to think I have to support Dirty Donald and you further have the balls to say I lack integrity.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2019, 03:10:22 am »
You seem to think I have to support Dirty Donald and you further have the balls to say I lack integrity.

Since the impeachment is, for all practical purposes an indictment,the trial would be in the Senate and subject to 6th amendment constraints. The docket at the Senate isn't backed up, the delay would be in handing over the articles of impeachment.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2019, 04:30:53 am »

I'm not sure that whoring with the Dems is exactly the road to your salvation.
The Republic is lost.

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2019, 11:48:41 am »
I'm not sure that whoring with the Dems is exactly the road to your salvation.
Typical Trump apologist sophestry.  "If you ain't rooting for my scumbag, you must be rooting for the other scumbags."