Author Topic: Government In Iran Spends Over $24.5 Million Per Day On Suppressing Dissent  (Read 342 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Government In Iran Spends Over $24.5 Million Per Day On Suppressing Dissent

Special anti-riot security forces in Iran during drills. FILE photo

Widespread protests in in over 100 Iranian cities in November were met with the Islamic Republic's usual reaction, which is violent suppression. This time it was even more violent.

"Suppression" is the most frequently used keyword in Iran as it is how the government deals with any gathering, protest, and movement by any Iranian group may be it students, workers, teachers, women and people from all other walks of life.

In November, security forces used unprecedented violence against protesters, shooting hundreds directly in the head or heart.

(2/2) Special forces during a drill in Iran, 2019.

Read more at: https://en.radiofarda.com/a/government-in-iran-spends-over-24-5-million-per-day-on-suppressing-dissent-/30336410.html

Actually reads like a good piece of journalism.  Radio Farda discussed here and I'm sure what American Thinker says is correct or mostly correct. A good article though, is still a good article.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/01/whats_wrong_with_radio_free_europe_and_voice_of_america.html

Offline EdinVA

That good ole religion of peace in action again...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Makes you wonder how much is spent in the US (Democrats/MSM/etc.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis