Author Topic: 'Too early to speculate': Mark Meadows downplays rumor he'll be White House chief of staff  (Read 242 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Too early to speculate': Mark Meadows downplays rumor he'll be White House chief of staff
by Kerry Picket
, David M. Drucker, & Steven Nelson
 | December 20, 2019 05:01 PM

“Yeah, I know. That's been more floating my name than reality,” the North Carolina congressman told the Washington Examiner when asked about the job, currently held by Mick Mulvaney. Thought to be on solid footing more recently, Mulvaney has at times been said to be on thin ice with President Trump.

Meadows, who announced his retirement from Congress Thursday morning, did not rule out other administration posts either.

“I'm certainly willing to help the president and continue to help the president. It's too early to speculate," he said. "I just know any word that I say right now," people will say, "‘Oh, well, that's what he's leaning to.’”

He added, “I'm really just going to look at how I can best be a voice for millions of Americans who think that Washington, D.C., has forgotten them, and that won't stop.”

Meadows, first elected to Congress in 2012, became a founding member of the House Freedom Caucus, rising up to lead its conservative members in 2017 for two years. He is considered one of Trump’s close political allies on the Hill.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/too-early-to-speculate-mark-meadows-downplays-rumor-hell-be-white-house-chief-of-staff
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34