Author Topic: Ted Cruz is everywhere defending Trump against impeachment  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Ted Cruz is everywhere defending Trump against impeachment
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2019, 06:03:42 pm »
It's truly impressive that Cruz would put away any animus he had towards Trump and support him and represent his State. Cruz's behavior speaks to his character.

Ditto.  And character is what matters.  Just think of how much better things would be if Republican politicians actually did what they said they were going to do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2019, 06:19:38 pm »
Likewise, noone forgets your coming around here and saying things like "is there a conservative here" and stuff like that. Insulting all

I will not apologize for calling out anyone for holding liberal positions.  Might as well get used to it.  Not sure what that has to do with this thread though.

including Cruz who endorsed Trump. You can't have it both ways.

I have never "insulted" Cruz by calling him out for liberal positions.  But then I have never had to.  Funny though that you consider pointing out the truth about something as being an insult.  But again, not sure what that has to do with this thread.

When Trump does something good, I will praise him.  When he does something liberal (e.g. tariffs, reducing tax rolls, rising deficits, etc.), I will criticize him.  Likewise, I do the same for Ted Cruz, or anyone for that matter.  Contrast that with your position.  Trump good (no matter what).  Cruz bad (no matter what).  Personally, I happen to be a principles-before-personalities type of person.  And you prefer person-over-principles.

So back to Ted Cruz.  We (as Conservatives) are blessed to have someone like him advocating Conservatism in any and all arenas.  Cruz isn't out there playing some political game.  He is out there defending the very Constitution upon which this nation has survived and thrived.  What the Democrats is doing is wrong.  Wrong - not because they are attacking Trump.  But wrong because it is an affront to the separation of powers outlined in our Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the rule of law itself.  See, that is what principle is all about, Charlie Brown.  It means we put Article I, Amendment V, Amendment XIV, etc. ahead of who we happen to like and dislike.  And Ted Cruz lives it inside the arena every day.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2019, 06:29:25 pm »
I will not apologize for calling out anyone for holding liberal positions.  Might as well get used to it.  Not sure what that has to do with this thread though.

I have never "insulted" Cruz by calling him out for liberal positions.  But then I have never had to.  Funny though that you consider pointing out the truth about something as being an insult.  But again, not sure what that has to do with this thread.

When Trump does something good, I will praise him.  When he does something liberal (e.g. tariffs, reducing tax rolls, rising deficits, etc.), I will criticize him.  Likewise, I do the same for Ted Cruz, or anyone for that matter.  Contrast that with your position.  Trump good (no matter what).  Cruz bad (no matter what).  Personally, I happen to be a principles-before-personalities type of person.  And you prefer person-over-principles.

So back to Ted Cruz.  We (as Conservatives) are blessed to have someone like him advocating Conservatism in any and all arenas.  Cruz isn't out there playing some political game.  He is out there defending the very Constitution upon which this nation has survived and thrived.  What the Democrats is doing is wrong.  Wrong - not because they are attacking Trump.  But wrong because it is an affront to the separation of powers outlined in our Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the rule of law itself.  See, that is what principle is all about, Charlie Brown.  It means we put Article I, Amendment V, Amendment XIV, etc. ahead of who we happen to like and dislike.  And Ted Cruz lives it inside the arena every day.
Excuse me, I was polite, you were just trolling the conversation, not referring to anyone in particular, it didn't have to do even with the subject, it was just disrupting the conversation.

By the way, I can disagree with Trump or Cruz, it doesn't mean one is against them as human beings.

@libertybele  's arguments are so weak, she has to start accusing people of hate, I guess she was hating on Trump in the lead up to the election in 2016.

So, again, get off your pedestal, this was about a month or so ago, when you were barely in the forum, you were just doing mean-spirited trolling. Get use to it yourself, a dishonest response to the above.

Trump has done a lot of pro-life things, you are out of the loop on that, you didn't do it. And I doubt you are even informed enough to know what those things are.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2019, 06:36:17 pm »
Enough.  Back on topic.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2019, 06:49:48 pm »
Excuse me, I was polite, you were just trolling the conversation, not referring to anyone in particular, it didn't have to do even with the subject, it was just disrupting the conversation.

Trolling?  Here again is your initial post on this thread:

Dirty tricks is part of campaigns and Cruz's campaign did a lot of them.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/02/ted-cruz-south-carolina-dirty-tricks

Just be consistent. One has no moral ground here.

And for the record, there is no equivalency between false accusations made by Trump against Ted Cruz, and truthful statements made by Cruz campaign workers that were not at all related to Donald Trump.  I have seen some sore winners in my day, but you rank near the top.  Trump was wrong.  Cruz didn't lie.  Acknowledge it and move on.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2019, 07:06:12 pm »
There can be more GOP presidents. Blacks supporting Trump may be around 32-35%. Does one think that Democrats really care about blacks? Charles Barkley even said Dems talk to them every four years, he said this in the past two weeks.

Just get more minority votes, I think it can be done versus the crappy identity politics of the DNC.

You just need a good percentage, not a majority.

Trump capturing 3.2% - 3.5% of the black vote is more likely.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2019, 07:59:27 pm »
Ted is sitting himself up nicely for 2024...at this WAY too early point he's certainly earned my support. I'd venture that were anyone to waste money on 2024 GOP presidential poll, Cruz would be the leading candidate amongst Republicans. He's put conservatism and the party before his own personal animus with President Trump...that shows political maturity and self discipline that impresses the hell out of me. He's also shown a biting sense of humor that I didn't really see during the 2016 campaign...and that's a necessary component for any modern day Presidential candidate.

Agreed.
I have supported him in his Senate campaigns.
I will support him for President in 2024, should he run again.

Offline bilo

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2019, 08:22:22 pm »
Ditto.  And character is what matters.  Just think of how much better things would be if Republican politicians actually did what they said they were going to do.

Oh my gosh, we would be so much better off. I don't believe the Rats would have gotten the majority in the House in 2018.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2019, 08:55:00 pm »
Trump capturing 3.2% - 3.5% of the black vote is more likely.

Other than your dislike of Trump, upon what is that conclusion based?  He did much better than that in 2016, when he got 13% of the black male vote.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2019, 09:02:02 pm »
I’ll take “out of thin air” for $200, Alex.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2019, 09:02:12 pm »
Cruz wasn't high on my list in 2016, and I still have major doubts about his chances of ever winning the presidency, but he's earning my respect.  With the other 2016 contenders rapidly fading into obscurity he may be our best hope for the future.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline aligncare

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2019, 09:22:26 pm »
Cruz wasn't high on my list in 2016, and I still have major doubts about his chances of ever winning the presidency, but he's earning my respect.  With the other 2016 contenders rapidly fading into obscurity he may be our best hope for the future.

This is where we disagree. While I believe Cruz would make a fine president, two things work against him. First, the NBC issue could be used by democrats to attack him and derail his chances of winning the general. And second—should he cross that hurdle—his personality is just not nasty enough to fight at the level of dirty politics at which democrats excel, and he could be vulnerable to being slimed enough to be hounded out of office.

Going forward every republican is potentially a target of the radical Left, just as Trump was. JMHO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2019, 11:24:59 pm »
 @everybody

Yo MAMA!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2019, 11:40:52 pm »
Other than your dislike of Trump, upon what is that conclusion based?  He did much better than that in 2016, when he got 13% of the black male vote.

How dare you @Maj. Bill Martin ....his numbers are true because he feels that they are (having much in common in this regard, apparently, with Maxine "the mouth" Waters).
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2019, 12:45:56 am »

@Maj. Bill Martin  @Mesaclone

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/13/trump-reelection-black-voters-082853
"Trump received just 8 percent of the black vote in 2016, and his campaign aides concede he’s never going to win more than a narrow slice of African American support. But that’s not the point, they argue. If Trump can nudge his way into double digits among black voters and potentially into the low teens, it would eat away at Democratic margins in key swing states and possibly alter the outcome in a close election.[/i]"

What's closer to the 8% that Trump got in 2016?  My admittedly puerile 3.2%-3.5% forecast or the fantastical, ethereal 32%-35% sweet bodement that @TomSea mentioned? Which one do you think Trump will be closer to attaining in 2020?

Imagine one taking faux umbrage at my 3.2% - 3.5%, and letting the 32% - 35% go unchallenged. Comical.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2019, 12:55:25 am »
I’ll take “out of thin air” for $200, Alex.

You're right. However, the 32% - 35% black vote possibility? Now that is firmly rooted in the fecund soil of Trumplandia hyperbole.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2019, 01:19:06 am »
It was between Ted Cruz and Donald Trump for me, and you know which one got my vote. However, Cruz is undoubtably smart and conservative and so I’m glad he’s there in the senate and a strong ally of the president.

Cruz was my candidate but I'm a Trump realist. I voted for him and support him when he earns it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 01:19:59 am by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2019, 01:42:31 am »
Excuse me, bilo mentioned it above. So , this is a dishonest  or ill-informed remark. I brought up nothing that was not on this page already.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 01:43:29 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline corbe

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2019, 01:45:25 am »
   I so want to believe that Cruz's vote for the 2019 omnibus, his first, was not a quid pro quo for a Trump/Dallas Ralley and because of the Harvey funds for my fellow Houstonians, as he claims. 
   He's still the best damn Senator this Country has, right now.

*kinda Glad I wasn't in here earlier   :smokin:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2019, 06:19:59 am »
So says someone who was supporting the constitution party here versus Trump in 2016. So, the conversation should be just and fair,  not this garbage about stoking anger.
Considering the Constitution Party platform consists of an originalist interpretation of the US Constitution,  and knowing full well the demographics of my State would give Trump the electoral votes, I, too, voted Constitution Party for POTUS.

I never got a chance to vote for Cruz in the primaries, because North Dakota didn't have a GOP presidential primary.
Talk about things to piss someone off.

That all said, I supported Cruz before he announced, I'd seen him in ambush interviews where he adroitly defended or refuted pending legislation on a Constitutional basis, and did very well.
In defending Trump, keep in mind that Cruz is also defending the Constitution and the Rule of Law, regardless of any reason he might have for animus. 

I'm not going to peel the scab off the dirty tricks from the 2016 campaign, and if you have any sense, you'll let that sleeping dog lie, too, for the purpose of discussing the current topic.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2019, 06:22:35 am »
You're right. However, the 32% - 35% black vote possibility? Now that is firmly rooted in the fecund soil of Trumplandia hyperbole.
I think Trump has a chance with those citizens of Hispanic culture who are definitely benefiting from the economy. I do not think the minority votes will be as monolitihic as the purveyors of victimhood would have us all believe, although the usual agitators will be out in full force howling about "race traitors" if someone votes other than Democrat.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2019, 06:24:14 am »
This is where we disagree. While I believe Cruz would make a fine president, two things work against him. First, the NBC issue could be used by democrats to attack him and derail his chances of winning the general. And second—should he cross that hurdle—his personality is just not nasty enough to fight at the level of dirty politics at which democrats excel, and he could be vulnerable to being slimed enough to be hounded out of office.

Going forward every republican is potentially a target of the radical Left, just as Trump was. JMHO
The Dems can attack on the NBC issue when they produce B.O.'s real birth certificate, and his school financial aid records/trascripts. (not gonna happen).

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2019, 11:04:17 am »

BTW,WTH is going on in that video? Did a baby gorilla somehow get into the wrong containment? If so,what happened to him after it was "returned"?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2019, 11:08:44 am »
I think Trump has a chance with those citizens of Hispanic culture who are definitely benefiting from the economy.

I agree.

I do not think the minority votes will be as monolitihic as the purveyors of victimhood would have us all believe, although the usual agitators will be out in full force howling about "race traitors" if someone votes other than Democrat.

I agree with that one,also. Professional victimhood seems to be losing it's "charm" with a lot of blacks these days. Seems like the only ones that really support it now are the professional welfare class,and the Executive Professional Welfare Class,AKA "Rev-runds" and Dim Politicians,and their influence and power is lessening with every day that passes.

Take away the "Rev-Runs" and the "walking around money" they hand out on election day,and the Dims have nothing going for them now.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 11:11:12 am by sneakypete »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2019, 11:22:40 am »
I agree.

I agree with that one,also. Professional victimhood seems to be losing it's "charm" with a lot of blacks these days. Seems like the only ones that really support it now are the professional welfare class,and the Executive Professional Welfare Class,AKA "Rev-runds" and Dim Politicians,and their influence and power is lessening with every day that passes.

Take away the "Rev-Runs" and the "walking around money" they hand out on election day,and the Dims have nothing going for them now.
I ran across a guy in the Walmart near here the other day. He has an oilfield job, is clean for the longest he has ever been, was obviously thrilled with having a job, decent income, being clean having an apartment and a pickup--all on his own, earned. "F**** California, this place is great!", not words I ever expected to hear from someone from the left coast about North Dakota (in early winter, no less!)

Having a job, having hope, can turn a person's world around, and will open the eyes of people who have never been able to see. That's what a good economy can do for the minority groups who have been told they are victims, and that, more than anything else will end the Plantation in all but the most entrenched strongholds. That, just might be enough to throw all the Dems thinking off, and make LBJ's estimations fall way short.

That said, it's tough for people without a tradition of sweating for their pay to make the change.

C S Lewis