Author Topic: Lindsey Graham: Democrats are setting 'precedent' of 'constitutional extortion'  (Read 233 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lindsey Graham: Democrats are setting 'precedent' of 'constitutional extortion'
by John Gage
 | December 19, 2019 02:33 PM

Sen. Lindsey Graham ripped into House Democrats for threatening to withhold articles of impeachment if the Senate does not agree to their rules for a trial.

"My concern is the precedent we are setting," the South Carolina Republican said Thursday on Twitter. "The Constitution never envisioned the House being able to: Impeach the president. Dictate the terms of the trial in the Senate. And hold the Articles of Impeachment back to be released at a time of their choosing. It creates a constitutional extortion mechanism that is dangerous for the country."

Lindsey Graham
    ✔
    @LindseyGrahamSC
     Â· 2h

My concern is the precedent we are setting. 

The Constitution never envisioned the House being able to:

➡️ Impeach the president.
    ➡️ Dictate the terms of the trial in the Senate.
    ➡️ And hold the Articles of Impeachment back to be released at a time of their choosing.

(1/2)

Lindsey Graham
    ✔
    @LindseyGrahamSC

It creates a constitutional extortion mechanism that is dangerous for the country.

(2/2)
    12:57 PM - Dec 19, 2019

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/lindsey-graham-democrats-are-setting-precedent-of-constitutional-extortion
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Graham needs to hold McConnell's feet to the fire.  OMG, is this the thin reed we have to hold onto? 9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: