Author Topic: US State Department issues travel warning to anyone going to Mexico  (Read 342 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
 I think what is significant about this is everywhere is now declared to have some sort of danger, Level #2 with many exceeding that to Level #3 or #4.... no where is a "normal", Level #1

US State Department issues travel warning to anyone going to Mexico

Adam McDonald, Digital Content Producer
    Updated 20 hrs ago | Posted on Dec 18, 2019

(Meredith) – The U.S. State Department has issued a travel advisory to anyone traveling to Mexico soon.

The advisory for Mexico has been upgraded to level 2, which encourages travelers to “exercise increased caution.”

More at:  https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/us_world_news/us-state-department-issues-travel-warning-to-anyone-going-to/article_3625437e-0cb5-5f93-9f0b-7ff6b520ff65.html

and https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/mexico-travel-advisory.html

I'm a bit surprised at some of the "Level #2s" even, Baja California where Tijuana is or Yucatan and Veracruz.  The whole country is now declared dangerous to a degree. And some #4s, don't go there at all.

Guerrero, #4, that's where Acapulco is and probably some other high-profile beach resorts are.

Offline libertybele

Re: US State Department issues travel warning to anyone going to Mexico
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 06:35:13 pm »
I have friends that take frequent cruises and often one of the port destination is in Mexico.  I keep trying to warn them and they respond that because it is a cruise ship they are safe.

I prefer to stay in the good ole U.S.A.  They are so many beautiful places here to visit.  Yes, cruises are all inclusive but Tauk tours offers wonderful trips and you never have to lift your suitcase and most stop at four and five star restaurants and hotels. There are riverboat cruises as well.  Perhaps not feasible this time of year, but I personally wouldn't risk going on a cruise.  That's just me.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

Re: US State Department issues travel warning to anyone going to Mexico
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 09:25:32 pm »
I have friends that take frequent cruises and often one of the port destination is in Mexico.  I keep trying to warn them and they respond that because it is a cruise ship they are safe.

I prefer to stay in the good ole U.S.A.  They are so many beautiful places here to visit.  Yes, cruises are all inclusive but Tauk tours offers wonderful trips and you never have to lift your suitcase and most stop at four and five star restaurants and hotels. There are riverboat cruises as well.  Perhaps not feasible this time of year, but I personally wouldn't risk going on a cruise.  That's just me.

I totally agree, LibertyBele. I haven't been to Mexico in years and have no intention of going. Like you said there is so much to be seen in our country that I haven't seen...I won't travel abroad again. A very dear friend that took him all over the world for his job told me 20 years ago to stay local. I believe him.