Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi refuses to commit to sending articles of impeachment to Senate  (Read 3164 times)

Online libertybele

The DEMS obviously are going to make demands as to how they want the Senate to act.  They once again will push until they get what they want; which is removal from office.  I highly doubt that the President will get any sort of fair trial and Biden and cronies will remain unscathed.  My hunch is that McConnell and Graham will curtsy to the Queen and I still think they want a President Pence.

Nancy Pelosi refuses to commit to sending articles of impeachment to Senate

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi would not commit on Wednesday to sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate, saying in a post-impeachment-vote news conference, "That would have been our intention, but we'll see what happens over there."
Some progressives have urged Democratic leaders to withhold the articles until Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, agrees to procedures for the Senate trial that Democrats have called for, as well as agreeing to bring in firsthand witnesses like acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to testify.

Pelosi said Democrats will make the decision "as a group" on when to send the articles to the Senate.
There are procedural concerns behind not sending the articles to the Senate on Wednesday night immediately after the votes. Among them: Democrats can't send the articles at this time because the Senate would have to take them up Thursday, blocking votes on other measures, including a spending package that must pass before week's end to avoid a government shutdown.

In the coming days, the House must also name impeachment managers for the Senate's trial, another step Pelosi was not ready to make Wednesday night.  "We cannot name managers until we see what the process is on the Senate side, and we hope that will be soon," Pelosi said. "So far we haven't seen anything that looks fair to us, so hopefully it will be fair."...........

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/18/politics/nancy-pelosi-sending-impeachment-articles-senate/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
If the House doesn't send the articles of impeachment to the Senate in a reasonable time, doesn't that become  an offense of "Obstruction of Congress"?

Online libertybele

If the House doesn't send the articles of impeachment to the Senate in a reasonable time, doesn't that become  an offense of "Obstruction of Congress"?

I don't know how long they can withhold sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate.  What is apparent is that they are very diligently trying to set things up to go their way and if the past is any indication, they will try to find something to hold over the GOP senators until they get what they want.

Unfortunately, the two biggest RINO's in the Senate are in charge; McConnell and Graham.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Pelosi’s unilaterally sitting on the impeachment. This is another brazen unconstitutional act...
Mark Levin, posted on Facebook
Thursday, December 19, 2019·1 minute

Nancy Pelosi was apparently advised by leftwing Harvard law professor Lawrence Tribe to delay sending the impeachment to the Senate. So she’s unilaterally sitting on the impeachment. This is another brazen unconstitutional act.

Here’s what Mitch McConnell and the Senate Republicans must do in response: The Senate has the sole power under the Constitution to adjudicate an impeachment. Therefore, Pelosi is attempting to obstruct the Senate’s power to act on its constitutional authority.

McConnell should immediately put an end to this and declare the impeachment null and void as the speaker has failed to complete the impeachment process by timely sending it to the Senate for adjudication. McConnell has no less authority to unilaterally make such a decision than Pelosi does to withhold the administrative notification of an impeachment to the Senate either indefinitely or with conditions. Her effort to cripple the presidency and blackmail the Senate must be defeated.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Unfortunately, the two biggest RINO's in the Senate are in charge; McConnell and Graham.

@libertybele

And neither of those backstabbing bastards has anywhere or anything to hide behind.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

Pelosi’s unilaterally sitting on the impeachment. This is another brazen unconstitutional act...
Mark Levin, posted on Facebook
Thursday, December 19, 2019·1 minute

Nancy Pelosi was apparently advised by leftwing Harvard law professor Lawrence Tribe to delay sending the impeachment to the Senate. So she’s unilaterally sitting on the impeachment. This is another brazen unconstitutional act.

Here’s what Mitch McConnell and the Senate Republicans must do in response: The Senate has the sole power under the Constitution to adjudicate an impeachment. Therefore, Pelosi is attempting to obstruct the Senate’s power to act on its constitutional authority.

McConnell should immediately put an end to this and declare the impeachment null and void as the speaker has failed to complete the impeachment process by timely sending it to the Senate for adjudication. McConnell has no less authority to unilaterally make such a decision than Pelosi does to withhold the administrative notification of an impeachment to the Senate either indefinitely or with conditions. Her effort to cripple the presidency and blackmail the Senate must be defeated.

I am not a constitutional scholar by any means, but I don't see that there is anywhere in the Constitution that puts a time limit on sending the impeachment to the Senate.  Obviously they are stalling and trying to conduct the Senate 'trial' on their terms.

My concern is that the DEMS always get their way and the GOP leadership always seems to cave.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi noncommittal on delivering impeachment articles to Senate
By Mike Lillis and Olivia Beavers - 12/18/19 09:32 PM EST

ust moments after the House impeached President Trump, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) declined to say when — or even if — Democrats will deliver the articles to the Senate.

"We'll make that decision as a group, as we always have, as we go along," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol.

Despite repeated attempts by reporters to press her on timing, Pelosi declined to commit to sending the two articles of impeachment — abuse of power and obstruction of Congress — across the Capitol, essentially putting the process in limbo as it looms unfinished over the Senate and White House.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/475239-pelosi-noncommittal-on-delivering-impeachment-articles-to-senate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

What, Constitutionally, precludes the Senate telling her to ... and voting on them anyway?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So she thinks it would be good political warfare to keep this "Impeachment" alive forever?  Heh.  Haven't had a Field Commander this brilliant since 1991 Saddam Hussein. 

If the Rats can't flesh out this skeleton by Election, they will see a level of political punishment previously unknown. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
How in the world can any rational thinking person not say that this is blatant OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE?
In terms of a court of law there is no impeachment yet. Impeachment happens in the Senate.
In courtroom terms, Trump has been indicted but not convicted. Trump is NOT IMPEACHED YET.
When someone is indicted for burglary and a formal accusation is applied, all that means is he is accused of burglary.
The accused cannot be referred to as a burglar until he is convicted. Until conviction the accused is only an alleged burglar.

TRUMP IS NOT IMPEACHED NOW TODAY.
TRUMP IS NOT IMPEACHED UNTIL IT GOES TO TRIAL IN SENATE.
UNTIL THEN TRUMP IS NOT GUILTY OF ANYTHING AND HE IS NOT IMPEACHED.
IF THE INDICTMENT PAPERS ARE NOT RECEIVED FROM THE PROSECUTOR BY THE COURT IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME IT IS ALL NULLIFIED.

I hope that senile old bag Pelosi sits on those papers forever.
If that is the case, then nothing ever happened and the whole thing was a waste of time.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What, Constitutionally, precludes the Senate telling her to ... and voting on them anyway?

As Pelosi would be the first to tell you, the Constitution is silent on the timing of the transmittal of the Articles to the Senate.  It's also silent on whether the Senate has to wait for a transmittal.  I suspect that's what McConnell will do if it becomes obvious the Rats are trying to stall the Trial. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

The only GOP 2020 campaign commercial necessary should be in the can by now.

Only the most spittle flecked Trump hating fanatic wants to see this continue. Want it to stop? Break your arm voting against any rat candidate this November.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This was a stupid move by Pelosi, so it figures that it was based on advice from Lawrence Tribe.  There is absolutely zero chance that McConnell caves on this. It would amount to letting the House have a veto over the Senate's rules of impeachment, and he won't ever let that happen.  So, he's got two options:

1) Deem the articles transmitted by virtue of the vote being held, certified, and publicized, and move ahead with the trial anyway, or;

2) Announce that the House has just wasted a whole lot of taxpayer time and money to try to remove a duly elected President, and now are refusing to send over the articles.  If the House isn't going to send over the articles, then he's not going to waste the Senate's time debating rules for a trial that may never happen.  So unless and until the House sends over the articles of impeachment, the Senate is going to move on to other matters, and considers the impeachment over.  If the House ever does decide to send over the articles, then the Senate will begin discussing the rules it will use for the trial.

I prefer 2), simply because it puts Pelosi back on the hot seat.  The Democrats will look like idiots if they've gone to all the trouble of impeachment, but then refuse to send it to the Senate for trial.  She'll have to cave after getting nothing in return.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

My concern is that the DEMS always get their way and the GOP leadership always seems to cave.

McConnell never caves when he has the votes.  That's why he's been ramming through judges at a record pace -- the Democrats can't stop him.  And the idea that Pelosi is trying to have a veto over the rules set by the Senate is something that will frost the gonads of every Senate Republican because she doesn't get to set the rules for their chamber.

100% guarantee on this.  Pelosi is going to lose this one.  I suspect her threat will be retracted no later than Monday.  Perhaps even today.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
All the Senate has to do is to formally give her a date to deliver.
If she refuses, then there is no trial (or you could say a mistrial) and the whole thing is null and void.
Impeachment happens in the Senate. Impeachment in the House is only a recommendation of impeachment.
As of this moment, now, today, Trump is NOT an impeached President as the media is saying.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So she thinks it would be good political warfare to keep this "Impeachment" alive forever?  Heh.  Haven't had a Field Commander this brilliant since 1991 Saddam Hussein. 

If the Rats can't flesh out this skeleton by Election, they will see a level of political punishment previously unknown.
Her base will not allow her to sit on the impeachment and see Trump continue as President.

They want him REMOVED.

Watch the pressure applied to her.

And remember:  They impeached once, and can easily gin up another impeachment vote on other articles and do this again and again and again.

It's like repeating a lie.  Tell it enough times and ultimately it is believable./
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

If she refuses, then there is no trial (or you could say a mistrial) and the whole thing is null and void.
Impeachment happens in the Senate. Impeachment in the House is only a recommendation of impeachment.
As of this moment, now, today, Trump is NOT an impeached President as the media is saying.

Its becoming pretty clear that just impeaching Trump, by hook or by crook and regardless of what ultimately results, was the singular goal of many.

Now they can go whooping back to their districts, circle of acquaintances, whomever, and claim to have counted coup.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 03:07:12 pm by skeeter »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi threatens to withhold articles of impeachment from Senate
By Thomas Lifson

December 19, 2019
Pelosi threatens to withhold articles of impeachment from Senate
By Thomas Lifson

Just when you thought the House Democrats’ impeachment frenzy couldn’t get any more ridiculous, Speaker Pelosi is threatening to derail the constitutionally required Senate trial that would result in President Trump’s acquittal. In a news conference following the impeachment vote, she noted that the rules passed by the House Rules Committee enabled her to withhold naming House impeachment managers:

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/12/pelosi_threatens_to_withhold_articles_of_impeachment_from_senate_.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"Nancy Pelosi was apparently advised by leftwing Harvard law professor Lawrence Tribe to delay sending the impeachment to the Senate. So she’s unilaterally sitting on the impeachment. This is another brazen unconstitutional act.

Here’s what Mitch McConnell and the Senate Republicans must do in response: The Senate has the sole power under the Constitution to adjudicate an impeachment. Therefore, Pelosi is attempting to obstruct the Senate’s power to act on its constitutional authority. McConnell should immediately put an end to this and declare the impeachment null and void as the speaker has failed to complete the impeachment process by timely sending it to the Senate for adjudication. McConnell has no less authority to unilaterally make such a decision than Pelosi does to withhold the administrative notification of an impeachment to the Senate either indefinitely or with conditions. Her effort to cripple the presidency and blackmail the Senate must be defeated." 

Mark Levin, Landmark Legal Foundation.   

FWIW, I concur.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So she thinks it would be good political warfare to keep this "Impeachment" alive forever? 

@Cyber Liberty

Works for ME!

GO NANCY! Stall it out right up to election day if you can swing it!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@240B

Trump must NOT allow that to happen!

If it does,all we will hear right up to election day is how the Dims proved Trump guilty of child rape,treason,and wearing spring colors in the fall,and this WILL influence the "unaffiliated voters" that only pay attention to headlines,vote Dim in 2020.

Trump should be INSISTING they bring the charges against him,the sooner the better. Since they are BullBush "nothingburgers" to start with,that takes control back from the Dims and they can't manipulate the news.

Offline mountaineer

Impeached Cody Penn-Dent  @codypd

Let's put this all in prayerful perspective:
Nancy Pelosi has a brown bag with poo in it.
She's refusing to light it on fire and put it on the Senate's doorstep unless Mitch McConnell promises to put the fire out by stomping on it instead of using a fire extinguisher.
🔥  💩
9:32 AM · Dec 19, 2019
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Works for ME!

GO NANCY! Stall it out right up to election day if you can swing it!

I repeat:  Brilliant!
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell condemns impeachment: Democrats 'too afraid' to send 'shoddy' articles to Senate
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mcconnell-condemns-impeachment-democrats-too-afraid-to-send-shoddy-articles-to-senate
Support the USO