Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: The Impeachment of President Donald Trump  (Read 6173 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: LIVE THREAD: The Impeachment of President Donald Trump
« Reply #450 on: December 19, 2019, 04:27:18 am »
I'm not disagreeing with what has been said regarding her lack of fortitude.  Just simply pointing out that a 'present' vote, or even a non-vote by anyone present effectively counts as a 'no'.

Like "No Contest" is the functional equivalent to "Guilty."  Same thing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #451 on: December 19, 2019, 04:53:28 am »
Steve Scalise
@SteveScalise
·
1h
Make no mistake → Impeaching @realDonaldTrump
 was the Dems' plan from Day 1.

More than 100 Dems had already voted to impeach the President before the Ukraine call even took place.

They're not somber. They're not thoughtful. They're trying to settle a political score. Period.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #452 on: December 19, 2019, 04:56:18 am »
Like "No Contest" is the functional equivalent to "Guilty."  Same thing.
Nope, Nolo Contendere can be pled for a variety of reasons, including avoiding the expense of trial, dragging people you love through the mud, and avoiding scandal that will reach beyond the issue at hand. While the no contest plea has the same effects for sentencing, it is not an admission of guilt.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #453 on: December 19, 2019, 04:57:35 am »
Well now some folks get to feel like I did after Roy Moore was thrown out of office and railroaded with false accusations... Hurts don't it... wasn't right was it... down right scummy one might say.... all for politics ?

Except even though I don't care for Trump... You didn't see me cheerleading this sham of justice... but I watched others do it against Ole Roy.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 04:59:44 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #454 on: December 19, 2019, 12:02:34 pm »
I saw it...I was here all day...

And kept the site well informed of developments.  Thanks Myst!!!!!

Yesterday was a good test of my new blood pressure meds.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 12:06:00 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #455 on: December 19, 2019, 12:30:54 pm »
Don't know if you guys have heard this yet.
There is discussion buzz on the News Channels that Pelosi, Schiff, and Schumer, want to 'reopen' the impeachment investigation, call more fake witnesses, and add more charges. I guess they didn't get the result in the polls that they thought they would get, so they want to keep the investigation open indefinitely until Trump is swinging from a tree. I'm not sure if this is legal or not, but just on the face of it that well out outside of any legal standard of jurisprudence.

If your defendant is found innocent, you can't keep piling on charge after charge until he is eventually found guilty. At least that I know. This is why the Dems do not want to hand over the articles for trial. They want to try again.

Also, at least some on the Left are saying if the articles are sent to the Senate, and Trump is not removed from office, then they will simply open another new impeachment investigation and try again. The same applies if he re-elected. If Trump wins the next election, the Dems are promising another fake impeachment circus the day after the results are finalized.

So the fact that they lost this impeachment attempt is only a setback. They are going to do it over and over until they get the result they want, regardless of Law. They don't care if Trump is guilty or innocent. They will keep this up every few months if they have to.

That is why it is so critical for Republicans to retake the House this next election. It is the only way to shut down this impeachment fever which is paralyzing actual governance and important legislation.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 12:32:34 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #456 on: December 19, 2019, 12:39:35 pm »
@mystery-ak

Thank you.  Sincerely.  Very well done.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #457 on: December 19, 2019, 01:13:39 pm »
There is discussion buzz on the News Channels that Pelosi, Schiff, and Schumer, want to 'reopen' the impeachment investigation, call more fake witnesses, and add more charges. I guess they didn't get the result in the polls that they thought they would get, so they want to keep the investigation open indefinitely until Trump is swinging from a tree. I'm not sure if this is legal or not, but just on the face of it that well out outside of any legal standard of jurisprudence.

If your defendant is found innocent, you can't keep piling on charge after charge until he is eventually found guilty. At least that I know. This is why the Dems do not want to hand over the articles for trial. They want to try again.

Also, at least some on the Left are saying if the articles are sent to the Senate, and Trump is not removed from office, then they will simply open another new impeachment investigation and try again. The same applies if he re-elected. If Trump wins the next election, the Dems are promising another fake impeachment circus the day after the results are finalized.

So the fact that they lost this impeachment attempt is only a setback. They are going to do it over and over until they get the result they want, regardless of Law. They don't care if Trump is guilty or innocent. They will keep this up every few months if they have to.

That is why it is so critical for Republicans to retake the House this next election. It is the only way to shut down this impeachment fever which is paralyzing actual governance and important legislation.

That is why I said this is the Energizer Bunny of impeachments. It just keeps going and going.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #458 on: December 19, 2019, 01:15:33 pm »
That is why I said this is the Energizer Bunny of impeachments. It just keeps going and going.

Don't like your opponent's political agenda? Run a marathon impeachment event.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #459 on: December 19, 2019, 01:43:24 pm »

Yep. I think is going to catch on all over America in all kinds of situations, politicians, and judges.
The greatest irony in history would be if Pelosi and Schumer get impeached by the very impeachment wildfire they started.
It could grow out of control well past anything about Trump.
The Democrats have set the precedent that impeachment does not require a crime, or facts, or evidence, or even a real reason.
It can be based on an opinion such as, "Unfit to Serve."
If that is the case, then there is no politician in America more Unfit to Serve than Pelosi herself.
She is obviously a doddering, stuttering, forgetful old senile woman with clear diagnosable symptoms of dementia who does not know where she is most of the time.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 01:48:38 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #460 on: December 19, 2019, 01:49:16 pm »

That's exactly what they did and no one on the GOP side was able to stop them.  It seems that is the trend. No one on the GOP side has the ability to stop them. Even when the GOP held the majority in both Houses, they were ineffective at stopping their agenda.  Why is that?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #461 on: December 19, 2019, 02:07:07 pm »
That's exactly what they did and no one on the GOP side was able to stop them.  It seems that is the trend. No one on the GOP side has the ability to stop them. Even when the GOP held the majority in both Houses, they were ineffective at stopping their agenda.  Why is that?
Impeachment is based on the honor and integrity of the Congress. We know that Democrat spit on both of these concepts.
When it was written, it was considered to be a 'sort of emergency measure' only to be used in extreme situations as a last resort.
"Break Glass in Case of Fire" You would assume everybody knows what that means.
Therefore, the legal definition of justification for impeachment is written very loosely.
Because the definition is written so generally, it is difficult for Republicans to do anything about it.
The Democrats abused that loophole which has now opened it up to anything.
The founders thought Statesmen would be adults who behave with dignity and prudence.
They could never imagine the juvenile criminal modern Democrats which we are dealing with today.
The Democrats have taken impeachment from being judicial, to being political. Which was never the intent.
They have made impeachment easy, like a Sunday afternoon. So if you don't like somebody, as they say, impeach that mutherf**ker!
And it could be anybody, not just Trump.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #462 on: December 19, 2019, 02:33:37 pm »
Nope, Nolo Contendere can be pled for a variety of reasons, including avoiding the expense of trial, dragging people you love through the mud, and avoiding scandal that will reach beyond the issue at hand. While the no contest plea has the same effects for sentencing, it is not an admission of guilt.

Hence my addition of the word "functional."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #463 on: December 19, 2019, 02:43:21 pm »
Impeachment is based on the honor and integrity of the Congress. We know that Democrat spit on both of these concepts.
When it was written, it was considered to be a 'sort of emergency measure' only to be used in extreme situations as a last resort.
"Break Glass in Case of Fire" You would assume everybody knows what that means.
Therefore, the legal definition of justification for impeachment is written very loosely.
Because the definition is written so generally, it is difficult for Republicans to do anything about it.
The Democrats abused that loophole which has now opened it up to anything.
The founders thought Statesmen would be adults who behave with dignity and prudence.
They could never imagine the juvenile criminal modern Democrats which we are dealing with today.
The Democrats have taken impeachment from being judicial, to being political. Which was never the intent.
They have made impeachment easy, like a Sunday afternoon. So if you don't like somebody, as they say, impeach that mutherf**ker!
And it could be anybody, not just Trump.
All of this is summed up by one word:  Patriotism.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #464 on: December 19, 2019, 02:54:51 pm »
Just so you know, anyone who votes for any Democrat at any level of government is no friend of mine! And I mean that sincerely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #465 on: December 19, 2019, 03:13:29 pm »
Just so you know, anyone who votes for any Democrat at any level of government is no friend of mine! And I mean that sincerely!
Nor are they friends of our country.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #466 on: December 19, 2019, 03:19:23 pm »

Bingo.  This is why it is so important to nationalize the Congressional elections.   This isn't just about Trump.   Both Republicans and patriotic independents need to be urged to vote as well for GOP members of Congress.    The only way to punish the Democrats for their witch hunt is to flip the House and keep the Senate. 

Trump is the most important figure who needs to emphasize this.   He needs to temper his ego, and make clear that this is far more than just about him, but the future of the Presidency and the nation.   Our vote for Congress may be more important than our vote for President.  Nationalizing the Congressional elections over the issue of punishment for this extraconstitutional exercise can and must be issue numero uno.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #467 on: December 19, 2019, 03:54:20 pm »
@Bigun
You can relax. I don't vote for Democrats or Republicans.

Unfortunately, in my state there's only the "None of These Candidates" alternative vote so, too, if any third-party alternative looks less than viable, too, I'm denied the write-in vote, and I certainly could have thought of a more viable write-in in 2016 than either President Tweety or Hilarious Rodent Clinton.

You may remember me saying this back then, but it's fun to repeat now and then: Given the write-in vote, I'd have voted for Groucho Marx, on three very solid grounds:

1) He once said, "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and misapplying the wrong solutions." Which showed more political wisdom than anything ejaculated by just about any political candidate in 2016 and a lot of years pre- and post-.

2) Artemus Ward once said, "If we can't find a live man who amounts to anything, by all means let us have a first class corpse.

3) If the dead in Chicago (and a couple of other places) can still vote, the living can vote for the dead.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 03:55:27 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #468 on: December 19, 2019, 04:55:23 pm »
@Bigun

We are both old enough to recall a time when there still existed a fairly large body of sane and (sometimes) sober Democrats.

These were people who largely grew to maturity in the shadow of a Depression and a World War, whose life experiences were shaped and tempered by the harsh realities of a world that they had every reason to know would not bend to their will or be expected to satisfy their desires. 

They were people who lived in modest communities, worked hard, often with their hands, raised families, paid their bills, went to church, and helped their neighbors. They loved their country and sometimes fought for it.

In short, they were absolutely nothing like today's Democrats.

Today's Democrats live either in urban slums or coastal palaces. If they work at all, it is rarely with their hands. Their families are frequently fragmented, either by cultural degradation, drugs or divorce. They don't serve in the military, and respect no higher power than their own momentary needs, and demand constantly and intently that the government serve them without delay.

More than anything else: they are too often filled with rage.  They are angry at the government that refuses to serve their every desire, mad at others for being racists, sexists, bigots, and fools who don't share their cultural tastes and prejudices and therefore must be idiots, just as their news and social media sources tell them. And while even the poorest among them have abundant access to food, clothing and shelter and enjoy conveniences and resources that their grandparents could not have imagined, many of them are still perpetually aggrieved - especially the wealthy ones, who are often members of the cultural and political elite.

And that includes nearly all Democrats in Congress, whose focal point of anger is the 45th President of the United States.

For that reason, there was never any doubt that they were going to impeach him, as they have been planning to do ever since he was elected. All they required was a pretext, and so they have advanced one after another for so many months now.

And finally in truth, the flimsiness of the pretext did not much matter: it was never going to be a match for the intensity of their rage.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 04:57:29 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #469 on: December 19, 2019, 05:40:45 pm »
@Bigun

We are both old enough to recall a time when there still existed a fairly large body of sane and (sometimes) sober Democrats.

These were people who largely grew to maturity in the shadow of a Depression and a World War, whose life experiences were shaped and tempered by the harsh realities of a world that they had every reason to know would not bend to their will or be expected to satisfy their desires. 

They were people who lived in modest communities, worked hard, often with their hands, raised families, paid their bills, went to church, and helped their neighbors. They loved their country and sometimes fought for it.

Today's Democrats live either in urban slums or coastal palaces. If they work at all, it is rarely with their hands. Their families are frequently fragmented, either by cultural degradation, drugs or divorce. They don't serve in the military, and respect no higher power than their own momentary needs, and demand constantly and intently that the government serve them without delay.

More than anything else: they are too often filled with rage.  They are angry at the government that refuses to serve their every desire, mad at others for being racists, sexists, bigots, and fools who don't share their cultural tastes and prejudices and therefore must be idiots, just as their news and social media sources tell them. And while even the poorest among them have abundant access to food, clothing and shelter and enjoy conveniences and resources that their grandparents could not have imagined, many of them are still perpetually aggrieved - especially the wealthy ones, who are often members of the cultural and political elite.

And that includes nearly all Democrats in Congress, whose focal point of anger is the 45th President of the United States.

For that reason, there was never any doubt that they were going to impeach him, as they have been planning to do ever since he was elected. All they required was a pretext, and so they have advanced one after another for so many months now.

And finally in truth, the flimsiness of the pretext did not much matter: it was never going to be a match for the intensity of their rage.

@andy58-in-nh in 1994 I ran as a Republican for a seat in the Texas legislature (first person to do so in this district since reconstruction) part of my campaign speeches was to always tell the audience that the people they were voting for as Democrats today would make their fathers and grandfathers roll over in their graves.  It's much worse today!  Every word you wrote above is true.

BTW: I picked up my parents and we went to the polls together to vote in 1994.  All of us voted straight Republican tickets.  Before the day was over, I was sure I was going to have to take both my parents to town to see the psychiatrist.  Both were exact copies of the people you mentioned.  Herbert Hoover hating, Franklin Roosevelt loving working, old school Democrats.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 05:41:58 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #470 on: December 19, 2019, 05:49:10 pm »

Unfortunately, my small circle-of-influence of close friends are 75% rabid Democrats...but they're all too stubborn and narrow-minded.

After 24/7/365 for FOUR F**KING YEARS and counting, of 97% negative media coverage, I'm the 'insane' one...for even SUGGESTING that he is innocent.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #471 on: December 19, 2019, 06:07:54 pm »
Unfortunately, my small circle-of-influence of close friends are 75% rabid Democrats...but they're all too stubborn and narrow-minded.

After 24/7/365 for FOUR F**KING YEARS and counting, of 97% negative media coverage, I'm the 'insane' one...for even SUGGESTING that he is innocent.

@DCPatriot you sir need a new circle of friends!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #472 on: December 19, 2019, 06:51:16 pm »

@Bigun

As you know, I wrote this on another thread but I will repeat it here:

The left doesn't care about the harm they inflict (on individuals or the Country) as long as they gain power.  That is so painfully and incredibly obvious.

Look, their near-term goal is to delegitimize Trump - as President and now especially as a candidate.  The MSM will breathlessly do their bidding with the messaging and the Useful Idiots will buy it completely.  Never before has it been so important to support Republicans with campaign support and $$$.  And this is no time, in my view, to be parsing the Conservative vs. Republican argument.  I know not all Republicans are Conservative, but in this arena all Conservatives are Republican. 

I will never, ever vote for anyone but a Republican. 

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #473 on: December 19, 2019, 06:53:21 pm »
@Bigun

As you know, I wrote this on another thread but I will repeat it here:

The left doesn't care about the harm they inflict (on individuals or the Country) as long as they gain power.  That is so painfully and incredibly obvious.

Look, their near-term goal is to delegitimize Trump - as President and now especially as a candidate.  The MSM will breathlessly do their bidding with the messaging and the Useful Idiots will buy it completely.  Never before has it been so important to support Republicans with campaign support and $$$.  And this is no time, in my view, to be parsing the Conservative vs. Republican argument.  I know not all Republicans are Conservative, but in this arena all Conservatives are Republican. 

I will never, ever vote for anyone but a Republican.

Yes @Lando Lincoln, I replied to your other post.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #474 on: December 19, 2019, 08:12:04 pm »
@Bigun

Nice analysis. So much truth.

Republicans will need to change their thinking about what motivates democrat voters and shift their outreach strategies to contend with today’s political and demographic realities if they truly want to be a majority party for the future. I think Trump’s team is leading the way for future republican gains.

But, again, nicely done @andy58-in-nh   :beer: