Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: The Impeachment of President Donald Trump  (Read 6189 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: LIVE THREAD: The Impeachment of President Donald Trump
« Reply #325 on: December 19, 2019, 12:26:43 am »
Brian Stelter
@brianstelter
·
2m
Hoyer: "Never, in all my years of serving in this great institution that I love and the people of my district, did I ever expect to encounter such an obvious wrongdoing by the president... Nor did I expect to witness such a craven rationalization of presidential actions."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #326 on: December 19, 2019, 12:29:57 am »
Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram
·
47s
We are in the hot zone for the vote series to start on the articles of impeachment. Expect this to all go down in between 7:40 and 8:30 pm et. Two votes in the series. First vote will be on abuse of power. The second vote will be on obstruction of Congress. Simple majority
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #327 on: December 19, 2019, 12:31:42 am »
No, not January. The Dem strategy is to keep impeachment on the airwaves as long as they possibly can. Since we know they care nothing for Rule or Law or even basic civil behavior, Pelosi may try to sit on impeachment until election day next year. I'm not sure if that is legal, but that is what the Democrats will try to do. They want to keep Trump tied up so that he cannot work and to keep Republican voters distracted with impeachment for as long as they possibly can.

The DEMS can stall, but the DEM voting base is waiting for them to vote on impeachment -- they've basically held the hearings, all this back and forth today was nothing more than a horse and pony show.

They will probably vote in January and may push it out till mid or end of January then it goes to the Senate.  Perhaps this is why McConnell and Graham have stated that they want to push this through as quickly as possible and take a vote.  The further away that this impeachment charade is from the day of the general election the better.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #328 on: December 19, 2019, 12:32:02 am »
Evan McMurry
@evanmcmurry
·
3m
Dem. Rep. Steny Hoyer, to some applause on the House floor: "There's been a lot of talk about the 63 million people who voted for Mr. Trump. Little talk about the 65 million people who voted for Hillary Clinton."
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #329 on: December 19, 2019, 12:33:10 am »
Evan McMurry
@evanmcmurry
·
3m
Dem. Rep. Steny Hoyer, to some applause on the House floor: "There's been a lot of talk about the 63 million people who voted for Mr. Trump. Little talk about the 65 million people who voted for Hillary Clinton."

Oh ... so someone is finally admitting what this is really all about. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #330 on: December 19, 2019, 12:36:05 am »
The DEMS can stall, but the DEM voting base is waiting for them to vote on impeachment -- they've basically held the hearings, all this back and forth today was nothing more than a horse and pony show.

They will probably vote in January and may push it out till mid or end of January then it goes to the Senate.  Perhaps this is why McConnell and Graham have stated that they want to push this through as quickly as possible and take a vote.  The further away that this impeachment charade is from the day of the general election the better.

This impeachment charade is going to be the Energizer Bunny of impeachments.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #331 on: December 19, 2019, 12:39:49 am »
Lindsey Graham
@LindseyGrahamSC
·
16m
I’ve made up my mind about the accusations.

I’ve seen the transcript.

I understand the basic tenets of what [Ambassador] Sondland is saying.

It’s hearsay upon hearsay.

I’ve never believed this was an impeachable offense.
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

« Reply #332 on: December 19, 2019, 12:40:33 am »
Flashback to a year ago.

New House Democrat Rashida Tlaib: 'We're gonna impeach the motherf****r'

By Veronica Stracqualursi, CNN     |     Updated 4:03 PM ET, Fri January 4, 2019

Washington (CNN)Hours after she was sworn in to Congress, Michigan Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib used an expletive Thursday in pushing for impeaching President Donald Trump.
Speaking to a crowd at an event sponsored by the progressive group MoveOn, Tlaib recalled the moment she won her election in November.
"And when your son looks at you and says, 'Mama look, you won. Bullies don't win,' and I said, 'Baby, they don't,' because we're gonna go in there and we're going to impeach the motherf****r," Tlaib said Thursday, speaking of Trump, according to a video posted on Twitter by Nestor Ruiz, an activist with United We Dream.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04/politics/rashida-tlaib-trump-impeachment-comments/index.html
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #333 on: December 19, 2019, 12:40:43 am »
Lindsey Graham
@LindseyGrahamSC
·
10m
And the way you’ve reshaped the federal courts is one of your greatest legacies.

So, Mr. President, you’ve got a lot to be proud of!

Take your case to the American people.

But if you get a second term, I think that says a lot about the impeachment process.

Show this thread
Lindsey Graham
@LindseyGrahamSC
·
10m
I stressed to President @realDonaldTrump
 that what you’re doing to rebuild the military is much appreciated.

My view is that getting out of the Iran deal is a good move.

What you’ve done in Israel is historic.
Support the USO

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #334 on: December 19, 2019, 12:41:49 am »
Evan McMurry
@evanmcmurry
·
3m
He's right. The thing he does not want to talk about is the huge percentage of fraudulent votes went to Hillary. If we had a real enforced VoterID system in America, like most other counties in the world, that 65 million would quickly shrink to less than 50 million. Ask Hoyer why he is so fanatically opposed to Voter ID? We already know the answer.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #335 on: December 19, 2019, 12:42:58 am »
Kevin McCarthy
@GOPLeader
·
2m
Here is our choice tonight:

Will we let impeachment become an exercise of raw political power, regardless if it damages our country?

Or will we protect the proper grounds and process for impeachment now and in the future?
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

« Reply #336 on: December 19, 2019, 12:43:28 am »
This whole day was tiresome. Hours upon hours of procedural bullpucky and long-winded pablum that revealed literally nothing we didn't already know about either side's position.

And not a single material witness testifying before the Judiciary committee. Not a single one.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #337 on: December 19, 2019, 12:45:19 am »
Judge Napolitano
@Judgenap
·
31m
Trump impeachment: Undisputed evidence that he abused his power

Don't kid yourself, judge.  There is no evidence.  And this show trial is definitely being disputed.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #338 on: December 19, 2019, 12:46:17 am »
Evan McMurry
@evanmcmurry
·
3m

History is written by the victors.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #339 on: December 19, 2019, 12:46:47 am »
Adam Schiff
@RepAdamSchiff
 Â· 39m
After hours of debate, one thing is clear:

My Republican colleagues don't want to defend the President's conduct. They haven't argued that he did, in fact, uphold his oath of office.

Because President Donald J. Trump's abuse of power and obstruction of Congress is indefensible.
Support the USO

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #340 on: December 19, 2019, 12:47:56 am »
If Pelosi does stall the vote, there are going to be tens of millions of Liberals very pissed off at the Democrat Party over the Holidays.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #341 on: December 19, 2019, 12:49:04 am »
Kevin McCarthy
@GOPLeader
·
49s
Because they lost to him in 2016, Democrats will try anything to stop him in 2020.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #342 on: December 19, 2019, 12:50:03 am »
ABC News Politics
@ABCPolitics
·
1m
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy: "Donald J. Trump is president of the United States. He is president today. He'll be president tomorrow. And he will be president when this impeachment is over."
Support the USO

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #343 on: December 19, 2019, 12:52:11 am »
If Pelosi does stall the vote, there are going to be tens of millions of Liberals very pissed off at the Democrat Party over the Holidays.

They stall the vote they are going to need a bigger stall. Or Greta to come to the rescue and save the world from this shitpocalypse.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 12:55:14 am by bigheadfred »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #344 on: December 19, 2019, 12:57:07 am »
Nope....she hates him.  Just like my Austin lawyer brother and his family.  They hate him no matter what good he does.
@libertybele
@mrpotatohead

I don't hate anyone - Trump's behavior tells me he is mentally unfit to be president.
Just his lies day after day should tell one he is not fit to be president.  He cannot stop lying, has done it all his life.  His mother knew what he was and said he would never change.  She would not have voted for him.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #345 on: December 19, 2019, 01:02:07 am »
@libertybele
@mrpotatohead

I don't hate anyone - Trump's behavior tells me he is mentally unfit to be president.
Just his lies day after day should tell one he is not fit to be president.  He cannot stop lying, has done it all his life.  His mother knew what he was and said he would never change.  She would not have voted for him.

@Victoria33

@NancyPelosi

LOL!   You and Nancy.   Two peas in a pod ... can.   A 32oz. can.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #346 on: December 19, 2019, 01:04:00 am »
@libertybele
@mrpotatohead

Are they "lies," or does his opinion just differ?  I've seen websites with claims of Trump lies all compiled for me, and I just see people who see things differently, then calling opposing views "lies."  Like the word "hate," the word "liar" gets bandied about to the point of being ridiculous. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #347 on: December 19, 2019, 01:15:37 am »
The voting has begun...on 1st Article
Support the USO

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #348 on: December 19, 2019, 01:16:47 am »
Are they "lies," or does his opinion just differ?  I've seen websites with claims of Trump lies all compiled for me, and I just see people who see things differently, then calling opposing views "lies."  Like the word "hate," the word "liar" gets bandied about to the point of being ridiculous.

Is this one of those Trump is a lyre and people can't stop harping about it things?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #349 on: December 19, 2019, 01:19:16 am »
Katherine Faulders
@KFaulders
·
1m
Two Democrats to vote no so far on Article 1 -- Peterson & Van Drew.
Support the USO