Author Topic: George Conway, other conservatives, launch Lincoln Project super PAC to 'defeat Trump'  (Read 361 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

George Conway, other conservatives, launch Lincoln Project super PAC to 'defeat Trump'
William Cummings
USA TODAY

WASHINGTON – A group of conservative critics of President Donald Trump – including the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, George Conway – have launched a political action committee aimed at stopping his reelection.

The group includes conservative attorney Conway; former adviser to Sen. John McCain Steve Schmidt; former Ohio Gov. John Kasich adviser John Weaver; former New Hampshire Republican Party Chairwoman Jennifer Horn; and conservative pundit Rick Wilson.

"Patriotism and the survival of our nation in the face of the crimes, corruption and corrosive nature of Donald Trump are a higher calling than mere politics," Conway, Schmidt, Weaver and Wilson wrote in an op-ed for The New York Times that ran Tuesday. "As Americans, we must stem the damage he and his followers are doing to the rule of law, the Constitution and the American character."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/12/17/anti-trump-lincoln-project-super-pac/2672990001/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
George Conway, other conservatives, launch Lincoln Project super PAC to 'defeat Trump'
William Cummings
USA TODAY

WASHINGTON – A group of conservative critics of President Donald Trump – including the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, George Conway – have launched a political action committee aimed at stopping his reelection.

The group includes conservative attorney Conway; former adviser to Sen. John McCain Steve Schmidt; former Ohio Gov. John Kasich adviser John Weaver; former New Hampshire Republican Party Chairwoman Jennifer Horn; and conservative pundit Rick Wilson.

"Patriotism and the survival of our nation in the face of the crimes, corruption and corrosive nature of Donald Trump are a higher calling than mere politics," Conway, Schmidt, Weaver and Wilson wrote in an op-ed for The New York Times that ran Tuesday. "As Americans, we must stem the damage he and his followers are doing to the rule of law, the Constitution and the American character."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/12/17/anti-trump-lincoln-project-super-pac/2672990001/

@Chosen Daughter

Ok,so who are the conservatives? I don't see a single one mentioned. If you think people like Kasich and McLunatic advisors are conservatives,you probably think Hillary Clinton is a conservative/
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yeah, these are not conservatives. These are the same types that screwed up 2008 and 2012. The only surprise here is that Bill Kristol is not involved. You press any of them on policy, and their positions are as far left as the Democrats'.

Actual conservatives in this day and age are an extremely rare breed, and it's a huge reason our country is in the mess it's in, because we as a whole WANT it to be a mess, so long as we get our cut.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline PeteS in CA

Even Meghan McCain pointed out, on "The View", that these guys are not respected among conservatives. If she painted with too broad a brush, blame her, but she was far, far more correct than incorrect.

Personally, I see George Conway as an ignorance-and-hatred-driven fool, so I see this PAC as a money pit for Trump Haters, but otherwise insignificant.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Absalom

The Conway's relationship reminds of the 100 year old cartoon characters Popeye and Olive Oyl.

Offline mountaineer

Conway is a disgusting piece of crap. Oh yes, and not a conservative.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Personally, I see George Conway as an ignorance-and-hatred-driven fool, so I see this PAC as a money pit for Trump Haters, but otherwise insignificant.

@PeteS in CA

I think envy of his wife's success while he remains a "3rd streamer" at best is at the heart of his hatred. By now the envy hatred probably has him convinced that Trump is banging her because you KNOW he ain't getting any of that anymore.

Some people just don't seem to be happy unless they are making themselves into victims.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!