Author Topic: Trump says Armenia massacres were not genocide, directly contradicting Congress  (Read 479 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump says Armenia massacres were not genocide, directly contradicting Congress

The Trump administration has said it does not consider the mass killings of Armenians in 1915 to be a genocide, contradicting a unanimous vote by the US Senate.

The historic vote last week incensed Turkey, which has always denied that the killings amounted to a genocide.

Turkey's foreign ministry on Friday summoned the US ambassador to express its anger over the vote, accusing the US of "politicising history".

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50828179

"...   a unanimous vote by the US Senate.", So not even one dissenting vote? Interesting.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
"...   a unanimous vote by the US Senate.", So not even one dissenting vote? Interesting.

Tell the Turkish POS, we call your outrage, and raise you a NATO expulsion.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

Janet Grabowski
@janetcalif
·
13m
It doesnt matter what the Trump administration says because if this were a Bill & not a Resolution, it would be veto proof due to the overwhelming votes in the House & Senate.  What's disturbing is Trumps continued loyalty to Erdogan over his own Congress.

https://twitter.com/janetcalif/status/1207004168189145088

I wonder if a "Bill" would have more effect and a "Resolution" just calls attention to the genocide. It's somewhat symbolic and I read one voice saying a "political" move. Nonetheless, it will carry some weight.

And IMHO, another very poor foreign policy decision.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 06:44:13 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Is Kim Kardashian available for comment or anyone in the family for that matter? Maybe they tweet too.

I can see he didn't care to alienate Turkey...that's all he can say. Nobody agrees with him in the Senate. Maybe Omar voted against this measure.

Offline libertybele

Have to disagree with Trump on this one.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Absalom

Most of the time Trump is in his buffoon mode but on the Armenian Genocide he's moved
over to his moron mode.
This is a fact of history, hardly a dispute, as the Ottomans committed repeated atrocities
against the Armenians in the 19th & 20th centuries for which their agents, the Kurds,
formally asked the world to forgive them, many years past.
Someone alert Trumpet.

Online dfwgator

Most of the time Trump is in his buffoon mode but on the Armenian Genocide he's moved
over to his moron mode.
This is a fact of history, hardly a dispute, as the Ottomans committed repeated atrocities
against the Armenians in the 19th & 20th centuries for which their agents, the Kurds,
formally asked the world to forgive them, many years past.
Someone alert Trumpet.

This is one time I oppose Trump,  I think he's trying to curry favor with that scumbag, Erdogan. 

Offline Absalom

This is one time I oppose Trump,  I think he's trying to curry favor with that scumbag, Erdogan.
-----------------------
Gator, on the mark.
Precisely why principle will always rule pandering.