Author Topic: Greta Thunberg says she ‘needs a rest’ as she heads home to Sweden after year of global climate acti  (Read 991 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Radical activation to save the planet is hard work.   333cleo 333cleo

Teenage climate change activist Greta Thunberg has said she needs a rest, after spending the year traversing the globe by sea, road and rail to wake up world leaders and the public to the threat of global warming.
“It is not fair that the older generation are handing over the responsibility to solve this crisis to us young people who have not started this crisis. It’s not fair that we have to do all this,” she told the youthful crowd.

“The adults are behaving as if there is no tomorrow but there is a tomorrow, it is the tomorrow where our young people will live and we have to fight for that tomorrow. We can no longer take that tomorrow for granted.

“What we decide to do or not to do in this decade we will have to live with for the rest of our lives. And our children and our grandchildren will also have to live with it,” she continued.

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/greta-thunberg-climate-change-rest-protest-trump-bolsonaro-turin-environment-a9246641.html
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah, kid. Give it a rest already. Enough fighting to be enslaved by your own rhetoric, science be d@mned.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Yeah, kid. Give it a rest already. Enough fighting to be enslaved by your own rhetoric, science be d@mned.

Do they have a 998 system in Sweden?

Online Smokin Joe

Do they have a 998 system in Sweden?
I thought it was 988...."Sorry, wrong number..." might be enough to push someone off that ledge...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

I thought it was 988...."Sorry, wrong number..." might be enough to push someone off that ledge...
:pondering:
Hell, I'll just call Jenny.   Numbers are hard unless they are on a bathroom wall.

Offline berdie

This girl does need to get a rest. Whoever is "pumping" her up needs to leave her alone.

I really feel sorry for her.

Online Smokin Joe

This girl does need to get a rest. Whoever is "pumping" her up needs to leave her alone.

I really feel sorry for her.
Yep! Talk about stolen childhood.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

Maybe she should go back to school instead of traveling all over spewing her climate change nonsense. 

On second thought, maybe she should stay out of school if the school is indoctrinating her in this climate change rubbish.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Kinda young to have a phD in Research Climatology, I'd say.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The Swedes have her ride all ready for her when she gets home.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I would say "she needs a rest" but that's just me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.