Author Topic: Vulnerable Democrats swing behind impeachment push  (Read 440 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Vulnerable Democrats swing behind impeachment push
« on: December 13, 2019, 09:41:43 pm »
Vulnerable Democrats swing behind impeachment push
By Cristina Marcos and Scott Wong - 12/13/19 04:12 PM EST

Vulnerable House Democrats are falling in line to vote for articles of impeachment against President Trump despite expressing nervousness in recent days about what will be their most momentous vote this year.

Two freshman Democrats joined colleagues on the House Judiciary Committee in backing the two articles of impeachment in Friday’s 23-17 panel vote, and a steady stream of fellow swing-district Democrats have been announcing their plans to support them.

“A president coercing a foreign government into targeting American citizens is not just another example of scorched earth politics, it serves as an invitation to the enemies of the United States to come after any citizen, so long as they disagree with the President,” freshman Rep. Max Rose (D-N.Y.) said in a statement on Friday afternoon.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/474509-vulnerable-democrats-swing-behind-impeachment-push
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Vulnerable Democrats swing behind impeachment push
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 09:42:36 pm »
I never doubted they would fail to vote for impeachment...I also believe the rats will keep the House in 2020
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 10:16:57 pm »
I still don't think old botox Nancy has the votes and I think the Republicans will retake the House.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 10:44:27 pm »
The Dems have been exposed as the most corrupt party in history.

What I believe will be telling is not just how many Dems will vote not to impeach, but how many will actually switch parties afterwards.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 11:07:47 pm »
The Dems have been exposed as the most corrupt party in history.

What I believe will be telling is not just how many Dems will vote not to impeach, but how many will actually switch parties afterwards.

:thumbsup:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 02:05:45 am »
Pelosi loses these 31 now or she loses them in November.

Her choice.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 02:27:33 am »
I never doubted they would fail to vote for impeachment...I also believe the rats will keep the House in 2020
Ditto

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2019, 10:59:29 pm »
The DimRats are already jumping ship
Reports: Jeff Van Drew to Abandon Democrat Party, Join GOP Over Impeachment
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2019/12/14/reports-jeff-van-drew-to-abandon-democrat-party-join-gop-over-impeachment/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2019, 11:05:03 pm »
The DimRats are already jumping ship
Reports: Jeff Van Drew to Abandon Democrat Party, Join GOP Over Impeachment
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2019/12/14/reports-jeff-van-drew-to-abandon-democrat-party-join-gop-over-impeachment/
+1 Trump.  Need a lot more by next week.

Thanx for the update @IsailedawayfromFR
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 11:06:01 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2019, 01:48:37 am »
I'm not at all sure that the obstruction charge is intended to be passed. Charging obstruction without bothering to seek court-ordered compliance blatantly violates separation of powers principles, and sets a precedent for impeaching any POTUS on any minor whim without allowing him recourse to the courts.

It will also be interesting to see how well these nerf ball charges will satisfy the base when they've got people like Napolitano assuring them that Trump is guilty of half a dozen actual crimes, and all the liberal pundits pleading with them to "go big" on impeachment.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2019, 02:50:27 am »
I'm not at all sure that the obstruction charge is intended to be passed. Charging obstruction without bothering to seek court-ordered compliance blatantly violates separation of powers principles, and sets a precedent for impeaching any POTUS on any minor whim without allowing him recourse to the courts.

It will also be interesting to see how well these nerf ball charges will satisfy the base when they've got people like Napolitano assuring them that Trump is guilty of half a dozen actual crimes, and all the liberal pundits pleading with them to "go big" on impeachment.

My question is how is this even obstruction of congress? So far, only the democrats in the House were involved in the impeachment process? The senate has not been involved yet. So, only half of congress is obstructed—the coo-coo half.

These democrat congresscritters are certifiable!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 11:35:49 am by aligncare »