Author Topic: Biden slams Trump for criticizing Greta Thunberg: 'What kind of president bullies a teenager?'  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

President Trump stops hitting above his class and takes on a 16 year old girl with aspberders.  My hero. 888heartkitty
He can't scare Kim Jong Un, Xi, or Erdogan maybe he can take a girl.

Nope.

Online roamer_1

Criticism = bullying.

@Maj. Bill Martin
Exactly the purpose of a waifish teenager as the spokesman for climate change instead of any of the [airquote] 97% consensus [/airquote] scientists, who can be intellectually crucified without trying, and without mercy.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Oh, Saint Greta of the Climate Apocalypse will be trotted out as a poor little teenager attacked by the big mean bully.

Puh-lease!

The only reason they are using her as a front for the movement is because anyone who calls her out on the nonsense she is spewing can be portrayed as a mean ol' bully while she presumes to set international standards in energy usage.

She's the one punching waaay above her weight, and how anyone could find the whole Climate Apocalypse dog and pony show credible is amazing. In the meantime, if you're going to play with the big guys, don't expect them to play any less rough, not the passive aggressive game this amounts to.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

The real issue is the people who would use a child like that for a political prop. The child is a victim of these people. Trump would be better off going after the people who would use a child like that. That's where the true evil lies.

That's right - And he shoulda seen this one coming from a mile off.

Online roamer_1

I honestly think Trump is right here.

Me too (not that anyone will remember) - Except that he should have been smarter in framing the thing.

Online dfwgator

Me too (not that anyone will remember) - Except that he should have been smarter in framing the thing.

In the end, Trump will be vindicated, when the Truth behind Greta's handlers is revealed.  And she got into the Arena.  The Arena is a very unforgiving place.

Online roamer_1

In the end, Trump will be vindicated, when the Truth behind Greta's handlers is revealed.  And she got into the Arena.  The Arena is a very unforgiving place.

He is vindicated (right) already... But that does not change the optics. He could have handled it better.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

I agree, Greta is wanting to come between me and my air conditioner, she deserves a scoff... but do it tactfully.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Biden slams Trump for criticizing Greta Thunberg: 'What kind of president bullies a teenager?'

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
He is vindicated (right) already... But that does not change the optics. He could have handled it better.

Totally agree. Everyone has had disappointment and things happen to them where someone else got something you felt you should have received. Part of becoming an adult is realizing life isn’t always fair.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Maybe, but....

Trump has a habit of saying some things that are "offensive"...but also completely true, and that mirror what a lot of other folks are thinking.  So while the media has a fit, I think a lot of other people are actually glad he's so blunt.  It not only validates what they thought but were afraid to say, but also helps convince them that he's a guy who actually says what he really thinks.

Obviously, I'm not talking about some of the crude things he's said.  But I'll bet an awful lot of people saw/heard Thunberg, and thought "I just wish that little brat would shut up."  So when Trump comes out at takes an oblique shot at her, those folks actually appreciated it.

Online roamer_1

Maybe, but....

Trump has a habit of saying some things that are "offensive"...but also completely true, and that mirror what a lot of other folks are thinking.  So while the media has a fit, I think a lot of other people are actually glad he's so blunt.  It not only validates what they thought but were afraid to say, but also helps convince them that he's a guy who actually says what he really thinks.

Obviously, I'm not talking about some of the crude things he's said.  But I'll bet an awful lot of people saw/heard Thunberg, and thought "I just wish that little brat would shut up."  So when Trump comes out at takes an oblique shot at her, those folks actually appreciated it.

Blunt is fine. I like blunt. And I like the truth, straight up. But that should not preclude sense and wisdom... And therein lies the problem.

Online Smokin Joe

Blunt is fine. I like blunt. And I like the truth, straight up. But that should not preclude sense and wisdom... And therein lies the problem.
I suspect the main friction comes from objecting not to what he said, so much as the way he said it.

Personally, I wonder who thinks it is a good idea for some 14 year old snotnose to be making demands of countries and peoples around the world. Who does she think she is? If not for the media, she'd be ranting in the hallways at school and over lunch.
Now, while many of us may think similarly, some attributing her behaviour to her welcome victimhood (in exchange for being a somebody), the bottom line is a question of just who expects us to listen, much less comply?
She's a poster child for the totalitarian Left, FWIW, and the message that this gargantuan fraud being perpetrated upon the human race is being done, not for scientific reasons, but for power and money, is completely lost in the Gratings of Greta, new episode next week.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

I suspect the main friction comes from objecting not to what he said, so much as the way he said it.

Personally, I wonder who thinks it is a good idea for some 14 year old snotnose to be making demands of countries and peoples around the world. Who does she think she is? If not for the media, she'd be ranting in the hallways at school and over lunch.
Now, while many of us may think similarly, some attributing her behaviour to her welcome victimhood (in exchange for being a somebody), the bottom line is a question of just who expects us to listen, much less comply?
She's a poster child for the totalitarian Left, FWIW, and the message that this gargantuan fraud being perpetrated upon the human race is being done, not for scientific reasons, but for power and money, is completely lost in the Gratings of Greta, new episode next week.

That's all right - But that ain't the point. The point is WHY she is the poster child for the totalitarian left...
The answer to that is that anyone who disagrees with her can be abused for picking on a child...
Which he laid down for them on a red carpet.
Not brilliant.

Maybe, but....

That's a good point, but the people who wish the brat would shut up is mostly his base already.  Trump defines himself within the GOP by his enemies, the rats, the media, and the deep state.  Many of his devotees are thrilled he is taking on Greta, but does the middle get persuaded by it? and does it enrage the rat base further?

I say take the gloves off Mr President and give the brat another hit.  Looking good.   wink777

Online Smokin Joe

That's all right - But that ain't the point. The point is WHY she is the poster child for the totalitarian left...
The answer to that is that anyone who disagrees with her can be abused for picking on a child...
Which he laid down for them on a red carpet.
Not brilliant.
It's a recon by drawing fire. Of course they'll be all over him for being "mean" to that poor child who seems to think she should be running the world. But it sure brings out the ugly in her, and I'm confidant I'm not the only one to notice.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
That's a good point, but the people who wish the brat would shut up is mostly his base already.

I don't think that's true.  I think it's pretty much everyone except the woke left, and that's more than just his base. 

Many of his devotees are thrilled he is taking on Greta, but does the middle get persuaded by it? and does it enrage the rat base further?

It surely enrages the rat base, but their enragement meter has been pegged since 2016, so it doesn't really matter.  And I don't think most people in the middle like being talked down to by a 16 year old brat.  So even though they would never say something like that themselves...I think they may be glad someone did.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
You know if Greta is really truly concerned about human caused global warming and carbon footprint maybe she should get her bossy little behind back to Sweden and start lecturing those moslem yutes that are torching all those cars, I bet they'll be plenty receptive and be happy to engage her in intellectual debate. Then again they might just set her on fire.

Online dfwgator

So when Trump comes out at takes an oblique shot at her, those folks actually appreciated it.

I know I did.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You know if Greta is really truly concerned about human caused global warming and carbon footprint maybe she should get her bossy little behind back to Sweden and start lecturing those moslem yutes that are torching all those cars, I bet they'll be plenty receptive and be happy to engage her in intellectual debate. Then again they might just set her on fire.

Throwing battery acid in her face is more their style.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
'What kind of president bullies a teenager?'

This kind:

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

It surely enrages the rat base, but their enragement meter has been pegged since 2016, so it doesn't really matter.  And I don't think most people in the middle like being talked down to by a 16 year old brat.  So even though they would never say something like that themselves...I think they may be glad someone did.
That's one way to look at it.

https://twitter.com/middleageriot/status/1204843819902083074

Middle Age Riot @middleageriot
The way Republicans are going after a 16-year-old girl you'd think she was a 14-year-old girl.
1:22 PM · Dec 11, 2019

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's one way to look at it.

https://twitter.com/middleageriot/status/1204843819

Middle Age Riot @middleageriot
The way Republicans are going after a 16-year-old girl you'd think she was a 14-year-old girl.
1:22 PM · Dec 11, 2019

Is that supposed to be amusing, among your crowd?  Your people seem to be the ones who find 14 year olds irresistible.
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

Is that supposed to be amusing, among your crowd?  Your people seem to be the ones who find 14 year olds irresistible.
I thought the younger ones were the prey of mostly Democrats....

(BTW, Epstein didn't commit suicide)

C S Lewis

Offline Right Reason

Good to see the angry imp admit she has a problem. 
Never before in our country's history has a generation been so empowered, so wealthy, so privileged - and yet so empty.