Author Topic: ‘Worked Exactly As Designed’: Border Patrol Responds To Viral Video Of Alien Climbing Trump’s Wall M  (Read 672 times)

rangerrebew

‘Worked Exactly As Designed’: Border Patrol Responds To Viral Video Of Alien Climbing Trump’s Wall
MEXICO-US-BORDER-DRILL

Jason Hopkins
Immigration and politics reporter
December 05, 2019 11:10 AM ET

Viral footage of an illegal alien successfully scaling newly-built border wall appeared to reflect poorly on the effectiveness of the barrier, but a Border Patrol spokesman said the video only captured a fraction of the incident.

Omar Ornelas, a photojournalist working out of Southern California, on Tuesday tweeted out a 38-second video of two men climbing a ladder up a section of border wall. While the two men climbed, another man could be seen holding onto the flexible ladder for support. Eventually, one of the individuals successfully reaches the top and slides down the other side, reaching U.S. territory and running off.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/05/border-patrol-responds-to-wall-climbing-video/

Online libertybele

Definitely  not good.  Isn't Kushner running this show now?

Perhaps barbed wire needed at the top?  The fence in Israel is—a “smart” barbed-wire structure equipped with cameras, radar and motion detectors.

https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Israels-border-walls-A-case-study-For-Trumps-mantra-574517
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

Definitely  not good.  Isn't Kushner running this show now?

Perhaps barbed wire needed at the top?  The fence in Israel is—a “smart” barbed-wire structure equipped with cameras, radar and motion detectors.

Did you read the rest of the article? In particular:

A video produced by Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the parent agency of Border Patrol, explained the unseen mechanisms in play that prevent would-be illegal aliens from simply climbing over newly built barriers.

“I’m standing in the exact location where this indecent took place and I will provide you with the information that that video clip could not,” Assistant Chief Patrol Agent Joshua Devack said in a video released by CBP late Wednesday night. “The border wall system consists not only of physical barrier, but also lighting, patrol roads, and detection technology.”

“In this particular incident, the border wall system worked exactly as designed. The illicit traffic was slowed down, the detection technology alerted our agents, agents responded, and the subject was apprehended,” Devack continued ...

Not that I would object to razor wire atop the walls, new or old.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online libertybele

Yes -- I watched the video and skimmed the article -- barbed wire is needed and I'd like to see traffic halted instead of slowed down.  (Yes an improvement).  I'd also like a moratorium declared on ALL migration to this country and NO asylum granted.   
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 06:17:08 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline thackney

...barbed wire is needed and I'd like to see traffic halted instead of slowed down....

Barbed wire barely slows down folks at all, and certainly doesn't stop them.  You are probably thinking of Concertina wire or Razor wire.

But without someone there watching, wire cutters are cheap and easy to use.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0c_G-rH9yE

Remember when Trump said the wall would be harder to climb than Mount Everest.  What a card.   :silly:

Offline PeteS in CA

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/hyperbole?s=t

hyperbole[ hahy-pur-buh-lee ]

noun Rhetoric.

1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.

2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online libertybele

Barbed wire barely slows down folks at all, and certainly doesn't stop them.  You are probably thinking of Concertina wire or Razor wire.

Thank you -- I didn't know the correct terminology -- but the picture you posted is exactly what I had in mind.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@PeteS in CA

I don't even understand why it wasn't a part of the design from the beginning.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@thackney

True,but I can see no reason why it can't be electrified to the point where nobody is going to fool with it. It doesn't have to be a deadly jolt to be effective. Especially not if your privates are pressed against a steel wall when the juice starts flowing from the wire cutters.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!