Author Topic: Nike Takes Another Huge Gamble by Planning This Kaepernick Event in December  (Read 184 times)

rangerrebew

Nike Takes Another Huge Gamble by Planning This Kaepernick Event in December

This may come as a shock to you but when Nike aired its highly controversial 30th anniversary advertisement of the “Just Do It” slogan featuring embattled former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, the sports apparel brand added $26.2 billion to the company’s net worth.

If you were on social media the week that commercial aired then you probably saw the thousands of people boycotting Nike and burning gear. But sometimes Nike is just cheaper than the rest and many buy it specifically for that reason. Nevertheless, the worldwide apparel brand took a huge risk by using Kaepernick as the face of the 30th anniversary ad.

But Nike is taking another huge gamble by planning this Kaepernick event just in time for Christmas in December.

https://offthewire.com/nike-takes-another-huge-gamble-by-planning-this-kaepernick-event-in-december/

rangerrebew

What they should do is put a symbol for Kaeperneck above the swoosh.  And that symbol should be an *ss hole. :yowsa:

Offline Doc Nova

Now I'll always see that addition when I see a Nike swoosh.  :cool:

I don't personally own any Nike products as I think their shoes are uncomfortable and their clothing is way overpriced - the Abercrombie & Fitch of the sports world.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
WTH is wrong with the Nike board members? Are they TRYING to lose customers?

Sure,the ghetto rats will double-down on their buys to show solidarity,but that just ain't enough of a customer base to keep the big bucks flowing in.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!