Author Topic: The Feds Don’t Need To Tell You Or Get A Warrant To Collect Your Emails And Phone Records  (Read 274 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Feds Don’t Need To Tell You Or Get A Warrant To Collect Your Emails And Phone Records
In reality, the government can obtain electronic communication records without taking any extraordinary measures. There are very few limitations on this congressional power.

By Leslie McAdoo Gordon
December 6, 2019

This week in the impeachment proceedings in the House of Representatives, Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, released his report on the inquiry to date. The report included records of telephone calls of President Trump’s personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, and another man, Lev Parnas, who was reportedly assisting Giuliani in his investigation of alleged activities in Ukraine or by Ukrainians to interfere in the 2016 election. These records included calls allegedly with Devin Nunes, R-Calif., the ranking minority member on the Intelligence Committee, and John Solomon, a prominent journalist.

Americans began querying how Schiff could have obtained the phone call records for the report. Some speculated that a secret warrant had been sought for them, that someone at the carrier (AT&T) had leaked them, that the National Security Agency had been tasked with obtaining them, or that a federal agency had issued a “natsec” letter to acquire them for the intelligence committee.

In reality, the government can obtain these records without taking any such extraordinary measures — and no judge even need be involved for Congress to get them. It can simply send a subpoena to the carrier.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2019/12/06/the-feds-dont-need-to-tell-you-or-get-a-warrant-to-collect-your-emails-and-phone-records/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I read in another thread the FBI would have had to be involved to get the FSL used to collect Nune's phone records.  Wray is now implicated in this phone record scandal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

No warrant needed?  Excellent.  Then let's see Eric Ciaramella's phone records for the past five years.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
No warrant needed?  Excellent.  Then let's see Eric Ciaramella's phone records for the past five years.
Well, no........because some animals are more equal than others don't ya know.

Offline berdie

Well...if they want to read my recipes and rants about the Cowboys...rock on.

Why anybody puts personal information on the internet eludes me.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"The Feds Don’t Need To Tell You Or Get A Warrant To Collect Your Emails And Phone Records
In reality, the government can obtain electronic communication records without taking any extraordinary measures. There are very few limitations on this congressional power."

That's why I propose this:
===================
Citizens protected by this Constitution possess an inalienable right to privacy in their persons, businesses, and homes, and while they are in public.

It shall be a violation of this Constitution for the United States or for the several States to violate or invade the individual privacy of citizens by use of physical, mechanical, or electronic means or by the use of devices on land, on water, below the ground, or from the air.

This protection shall extend to all lawful communications and acts by an individual citizen or between two or more citizens, including content that is spoken, written, or electronically transmitted. It shall extend to citizens regardless of their location, whether in private or in public.

The only exceptions will be as governed by the Fourth Amendment of this Constitution.

===================

Just four short paragraphs that anyone can understand.

I would support a "Constitutional right to privacy".
Would YOU...?