Author Topic: Americans Bought Enough Guns on Black Friday to Arm the Marine Corps – Yet Again!  (Read 393 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
TRIBUNIST 12/2/2019

According to the FBI, over 200,000 background check requests associated with the purchase of a firearm were submitted to the agency on Black Friday, marking the second highest gun sales day ever. The previous record was set on the day after Thanksgiving in 2016. In both 2017 and 2016, enough guns were potentially purchased on Black Friday to arm every active duty United States Marine.

USA Today reported that, in total, the FBI states they fielded 202,465 requests during the 24-hour period associated with Black Friday, just under the prior record of 203,086.

The background checks are required for firearms purchases from federally licensed dealers, so the number does not necessarily reflect the actual number of sales that took place.

More:https://tribunist.com/news/americans-bought-enough-guns-on-black-friday-to-arm-the-marine-corps-yet-again/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Good! I'd bet very few of them were muskets, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'll reckon that guns are selling very well in Virginia right now, particularly AR-15's...

Offline skeeter

Welcome, all my soon-to-be felon friends.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Feel good story!  happy77
Principles matter. Words matter.