Author Topic: “You don’t belong here.”  (Read 1308 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: “You don’t belong here.”
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2019, 06:55:07 pm »
Straw man, eh? I doubt all the dead Islam has murdered would agree with you.
Your argument seems to be that as long as it only happens "once in a while", then those are acceptable casualties.
I disagree. Any group of people, whether they are a militant militia or claim to be a 'religion' of some kind, who periodically and regularly go on murderous rampages, are not welcome.

8 killed as truck plows into pedestrians in downtown NYC terror attack]

A terrorist in a rental truck sped for nearly a mile down a popular bike-only path in lower Manhattan on Tuesday — killing eight people in the shadow of the World Trade Center and then shouting, “Allahu Akbar.”

“This was an act of terror,” Mayor Bill de Blasio declared at an evening press conference.
“A particularly cowardly act of terror aimed at innocent civilians, aimed at innocent people going about their lives.”
https://nypost.com/2017/10/31/8-killed-truck-pedestrians-downtown-nyc-terror-attack/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2019, 07:34:42 pm »
It was certainly the justification we used to keep known Communists and Anarchists out of the country.

At some point it became the height of immorality to deny ANYONE entry. And the nation continues to turn blue, immigration of peoples without our values is the primary cause.

Its just a fact.

Nothing I or anyone else says can stop it now.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2019, 09:12:27 pm »
@Neverdul, you could also have included pix of Orthodox Jews. And, somewhat less well known, it is customary among some very conservative Fundie-gelical Christians for women and girls to wear head coverings (as well as longer skirts and dresses, but not pants).

I thought I did. It doesn't look like it posted for some reason:

Story behind the pic:

https://onlysimchas.com/jewish-news/inspirational/photo-of-hasidic-couple-sitting-next-to-muslim-woman-on-train-goes-viral/

I worked with and shared an office with a woman who was a very conservative fundamentalist Christian. Very nice lady BTW. She only wore dresses and skirts, all on the long side, well below the knee but not quite to the ankle, and never pants, sensible shoes, never heels and always ¾ to full length sleeves, tops always high necked, blouses buttoned to the very top button.  She was very active in her church, taught Sunday School and VBS and I assumed this was her choice, and to some extent it was perhaps. 

But when our company offered employees a very steep discount at the athletic club next door, she expressed an interest in joining but told me the next day her husband told her absolutely “NO!” as is was a “mixed” gym and told me her husband didn’t want her to be working out in her “gym” clothes, no matter how modest and covered up she was, among men who might get “certain ideas” about her, that moving while exercising and sweating would make her appear “slutty” to them and they would not be able to control themselves nor would she. He didn’t want her to join a gym at all but let her join “Curves” because it was all female.

That’s when I learned from her that he had to approve all the clothes she bought and wore and even her hair style and checked each morning to make sure she leaving the house in an “appropriate” manner and wasn’t wearing any make up.

It wasn’t too long after this that I learned she had separated from her husband, not because of his clothing and gym dictates, but because while he was laid off from his job, and with evidently nothing better to do, he was banging the church secretary, in her their own home, in their martial bed. It was her second marriage, her first husband, also a fundamentalist was a closet drinker who had beat her and had molested their daughter. She remained strong in her Christian faith despite it all, even after her church threw her (but not her husband but yes, the secretary) out for separating from her husband. It was all her fault somehow.

Years earlier I worked at a pharmaceutical company. There was a young woman who was an ultra-orthodox Jew who worked in the IT department. She also dressed very modestly in long dresses and skirts and heavy hosiery/tights so that very little skin was showing. She also wore a wig as is customary among married orthodox women but also wore a head scarf. I didn’t know her well but she did help me with some IT issues a couple of times. She was quiet and shy, reserved but very good at her job.

On 9/11 I was working as Payroll/Accounts Payable Manager at this same pharmaceutical company in Baltimore. Our department had recently hired a couple of recent college grads for the finance department, one of which was a lovely young woman who I was training to be my backup for payroll. I don’t recall her name but it wasn’t a typical “American” name, whatever that is since my name is one rarely heard outside of Germany.  Her name might have been “Nasreen”, close enough, so that is how I will refer to her and she was of Iranian descent. I don’t know if she was born here or came here at a very young age but she dressed, wore her hair and spoke, liked the same music, movies, TV shows, carried herself just like any other American gal of that age group, dare I say better than many in that she was very hard working and polite.

Anyway, after we learned of the 1st plane going into the WTC and then the 2nd, the attack on the Pentagon, many of us were trying to get the most up to date news of what was happening and my boss had at small TV in his office.  By then we all knew it was a terrorist attack and already of Islamic origin. A lot of people were leaving to go home early, many of them parents because schools were closing, one person in our department, her mother in law worked at the Pentagon and no one had been able to reach her. I was desperately trying to get payroll finished but having problems with the funding, the wire transfer to ADP as it normally went through a bank in lower Manhattan which was impossible and had to be re-routed through several banks. 

Nasreen came to my office so I could show her this part of the payroll process but she just couldn’t function, tears were streaming from her eyes sobbing uncontrollably, saying over and over, “horrible, horrible”, oh God, I can’t believe this” and something that always stuck with me – she said to me while sobbing, “why would those people do this to us”. Yes – “those people” to “us” and “I hate these Islamists scum – they drove my family from their home in Iran, they killed so many and oppress everyone. They claim to do it for God. But they don’t know God”.   I told her to go home and be with her family. She hugged me so hard and for a long time and said, still crying, “You too, please be safe and don’t stay here too long.” And she hugged me again.

While I assumed, I didn’t know for sure if Nasreen’s family were Muslim or not as she didn’t impress me as being “religious”, but about 6 months after 9/11, her mother was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer and died only 2 short months later. Nasreen was very close to her mother, her father too and she was devastated. I and a couple of other co-workers including my boss who was Jewish, went to the memorial service held at the Mosque the family attended.  But quite a few people made excuses for not going and I overheard one saying he wasn’t going to set foot in any “G-D Mosque” after what “they” did to us, as if Nasreen and her mother had anything at all to do with 9/11. 

I went and it was fine and a lot like any other memorial service I’ve been to at Churches of all flavors or Synagogues, some prayers and songs, some religious and some secular but also a lot of people speaking to what a kind and wonderful women Nasreen’s mother was, about her life and how she touched so many others’ lives – she had been a social worker and there were a lot of people of many faiths and backgrounds attending her memorial.  Yes, they requested women cover their heads while inside the Mosque and you know what? I didn’t have a problem with that as the Traditionalist Roman Catholic Church that my parents attended made the same request of all women inside the chapel for my own mother’s funeral service. Nothing said or displayed there made me at all uncomfortable and in fact I felt very welcomed by Nasreen’s father and her other family members who thanked me and my Jewish boss for coming and offered their blessings on us.

And FWIW, my husband and I attended a service at a rather orthodox Synagogue for a former boss’s mother’s funeral where not only was I requested to cover my hair and my husband don a kipper, but men and women sat in separate aisles. We conformed and did this as a sign of respect and of common decency.

Over my 59 years I’ve known lots of people, people of many different races, of just about every religion, ethnicities, nationalities, and yes, sexual orientations, etc. and know based on my life experiences that bad people come in sorts all flavors as do good people.

As the oft quoted quote goes – (people) should not be judged by the color of their skin (or religion) but by the content of their character.

Yes, the Islamic terrorists are a plague that need to be wiped out, but they are a plague on all of us, a plague on all of mankind, and there are many Muslims who feel the same. But websites like BareNakedIslam is never going to tell you about them are they. Why? Because it would harsh their narrative that all Muslims by their very nature, religion and place of their or their ancestors birth, are all terrorists or potential terrorists down to every single last one.

I will have none of it.

When we paint all Muslims indiscriminately with the same broad brush, we demonize and dehumanize them much like the Nazi’s did with the Jews.  And to be honest, if I had been born into the Muslim faith and immigrated from a predominately Muslim country, whether or not I adhered to it and like Nasreen, was not particularly religious myself and very culturally Westernized, if I heard over and over, again and again how “evil” I was, how I didn’t belong here and that I needed to go back home, how every one of needs to be killed, I can see how this in and of its self can lead some to radicalization. 
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2019, 10:03:12 pm »
Until they break a law - violence, theft, etc. - yes, though that falls under Free Speech rather than Freedom of Religion. Communists are also permitted, as are anarchist, "Sovereign Citizens", etc., until they break a law. Freedom doesn't just apply to people with whom you agree.

So, are we supposed to ignore the "see something, say something" mantra we hear from law enforcement after a tragedy? Should we say something if we see or hear something that appears to threaten civilized society, or do we have to wait until they break laws? Laws like don't shoot up schools, bomb nightclubs or mow down people with vehicles? How do we find the balance?

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2019, 11:28:12 pm »
@Fishrrman, don't resort to the "N-Word-Lover"-type ad hominem attack-shtick.

Islam is a religion, protected by the US First Amendment Free Exercise clause. Don't like it? Amend it!

@PeteS in CA

No,it's not. It is a political system. It can call itself a duck if it wants,but that doesn't mean it can fly.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2019, 01:05:52 am »
@PeteS in CA

No,it's not. It is a political system. It can call itself a duck if it wants,but that doesn't mean it can fly.
@sneakypete, like I posted before:

Read the Biblical Books of Exodus, Leviticus, and Deuteronomy. Besides religious regulations, they set up a civil code and specify how it should be enforced. The Torah of Judaism is far more a "system of government" than is the Qur'an. The Islam-is-a-government-not-a-religion word game fails, even ignoring the fact that the US Government has always regarded Islam as a religion.

If Judaism is a religion, then so is Islam.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2019, 01:31:04 am »
Wrong again. Don't know what your obsession with Islam is, but Islam is nothing at all like Judaism.

The civil and governmental laws written into Judaism only apply to Israel not to the world as in Islam.
Jews do not murder people for having a different faith or for being homosexual as Islam does.
Jews have no declaration to conquer the world as Islam does.
Jews do not rape Infidel Whores because they wear clothing which is not approved by the Rabbi, as Islam does.
Jews do not buy, sell, and hold slaves, as Islam does.
When Jews move to a foreign land they cooperate and integrate with the community. They never try to convert the new country for Allah and change the new country to Islam as Muslims do.
Jews have never called for Judaic Law to be the Law of the Land, as Muslim do with Sharia Law.
Of course there are dozens of more examples, but to close I will say, Jews to not murder random strangers on the street because they happen to be pissed off about something, as Muslims do all the time. Including just yesterday.

Look man. I don't care how much you LOVE Islam and want to apologize for murderers and wife beaters, but DO NOT compare them to Jews or Judaism. There is a reason Islam is sworn to exterminate every Jew on Earth. The two philosophies are diametrically opposed.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2019, 01:49:18 am »
Until they break a law - violence, theft, etc. - yes, though that falls under Free Speech rather than Freedom of Religion. Communists are also permitted, as are anarchist, "Sovereign Citizens", etc., until they break a law. Freedom doesn't just apply to people with whom you agree.
First, any here illegally have already broken our laws, so should immediately be deemed undesirable.

Secondly, This country is not wide open for any and all who wish to come here.  That is why there is a tremendous difference in the political philosophy of current Dems and Republicans.  Dens believe all have rights to be here, whereas Republicans (as well as all patriotic citizens) believe we as a country have a right to be discriminatory on who is allowed to live here.

Any deemed undesirable by our officials of course can be excluded, whether known criminals, anarchists or peoples who refuse allegiance to our country or do not learn wish to learn our language.

Do we do that?  Rarely, but we should.

Unlike the current group of judges who deem constitutional protections extend to non-citizens living here without permission of our government, our laws do not extend to accepting anyone just because we have a Constitution protecting freedoms.

Once legally here, constitutional protections extend to them.

My own belief is that new immigrants should be people who improve this country.  We need to discriminate.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2019, 02:20:34 am »
@sneakypete, like I posted before:

@PeteS in CA

Does Judaism preach world conquest and slavery?

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2019, 10:55:19 am »
@PeteS in CA

Does Judaism preach world conquest and slavery?

It depends on who you ask.

The Nazis (past and present) claim that Jews were responsible for Bolshevism. They also viewed the Jews not as a part of a religious group per se but as a poisonous "race," which "lived off" the other races and weakened them, thought Jews to be an inferior race of people, who set out to weaken other races and take over the world.

In other words, they believed the Jews did this in order to secure world domination.  Using the "stab-in-the-back legend", they blamed poverty, the Hyperinflation in the Weimar Republic, unemployment, and the loss of World War I and surrender by the "November Criminals" all on the Jews and "cultural Bolsheviks", the latter considered to be in a conspiracy with the Jews. They saw Judaism as not just a religion, but a worldwide political conspiracy set on world domination.

These beliefs have made a resurgence and are sadly growing today.

See also “Blood Libel” and “The Protocols of the Elders of Zion”.

Antisemitic canard:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitic_canard#World_domination

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2019, 03:20:00 pm »
It depends on who you ask.

The Nazis (past and present) claim that Jews were responsible for Bolshevism.

@Neverdul

It's really hard to pin down because this discussion usually ends in "Did so!" and "Did not!",depending on who owns the horse being gored.

A legitimate case can be made that the worlds first successful Communist was a guy named Jesus Christ. He was so successful he created one of the major world religions out of his beliefs and inspired people to write "Holy Books" based on his beliefs that are still being printed and sold to this very day. The ironic part of course being that he was Jewish,and that there has been religious wars fought over which version of the "one true word of God" is the correct one within the Christian religion.

Do NOT mention this in a Christian Church unless you want to be burned at the stake for heresy,though.

And that ain't even getting into the religious wars fought in his name or the name of God (the alleged baby daddy) over which version of truth,love,and brotherhood is the  One True Religion.

If you were to look hard enough,I have no doubt you would find people somewhere who are busily creating brand new religions to this very day. In fact there are many people who see the whole environmental movement as "the religion of Earth Mother" and the "one true religion"

One thing ALL organized religions have in common is they are all dictatorships based on control of their followers.

BTW,NAZI's,who are NATIONAL SOCIALISTS,calling someone else Communists is a stunning bit of hypocrisy. Anyone who dared to question the Nazi system ended up being turned in to a speed bump.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 06:08:35 pm by sneakypete »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2019, 06:00:52 pm »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Absalom

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2019, 10:46:05 pm »
Wrong again. Don't know what your obsession with Islam is, but Islam is nothing at all like Judaism.
The civil and governmental laws written into Judaism only apply to Israel not to the world as in Islam.
Jews do not murder people for having a different faith or for being homosexual as Islam does.
Jews do not rape Infidel Whores because they wear clothing which is not approved by the Rabbi, as Islam does.
When Jews move to a foreign land they cooperate and integrate with the community. They never try to convert the new country for Allah and change the new country to Islam as Muslims do.
Jews have never called for Judaic Law to be the Law of the Land, as Muslim do with Sharia Law.
Of course there are dozens of more examples, but to close I will say, Jews to not murder random strangers on the street because they happen to be pissed off about something, as Muslims do all the time. Including just yesterday.
Look man. I don't care how much you LOVE Islam and want to apologize for murderers and wife beaters, but DO NOT compare them to Jews or Judaism. There is a reason Islam is sworn to exterminate every Jew on Earth. The two philosophies are diametrically opposed.
---------------------------
Your descriptive of Islam is on the mark.
Acolytes believe Islam a religion when it's an ideology masquerading as religion, for a simple reason.
The great religions, among them Buddhism, Catholicism, Judaism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism,
to name but a handful; were/are characterized by a strong spiritual sensibility exemplified by the virtues they promote among Mankind, including compassion, friendship, loyalty, perseverance,
self-discipline; among multiple dozens.
Being an ideology, Islam's spiritual core is effectively non-existent, as it is grounded by political concepts, such as control and power; manifested in it's focus on the material and the now. 

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2019, 11:20:11 pm »
@Absalom @240B

Ol Pete’s gonna ignore your comments just like he did mine.  Apparently just looking forward to his life as a dhimmi
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline skeeter

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2019, 11:25:18 pm »
---------------------------
Your descriptive of Islam is on the mark.
Acolytes believe Islam a religion when it's an ideology masquerading as religion, for a simple reason.
The great religions, among them Buddhism, Catholicism, Judaism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism,
to name but a handful; were/are characterized by a strong spiritual sensibility exemplified by the virtues they promote among Mankind, including compassion, friendship, loyalty, perseverance,
self-discipline; among multiple dozens.
Being an ideology, Islam's spiritual core is effectively non-existent, as it is grounded by political concepts, such as control and power; manifested in it's focus on the material and the now.

Islam is a scam concocted by a centuries dead murdering thug - Go forth and conquer, bringing all the loot and women to me, and "Allah" will reward you in heaven.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2019, 11:37:44 pm »
Talk about invented religions, anybody into scientology around here?

Offline Absalom

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2019, 12:01:12 am »
Islam is a scam concocted by a centuries dead murdering thug - Go forth and conquer, bringing all the loot and women to me, and "Allah" will reward you in heaven.
------------------------------
Perceptive.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2019, 12:03:25 am »

:thumbsup: