Author Topic: Three Years Into Trump Admin, A Quarter Of Embassy Slots Are Vacant, Leaving State Department Bureau  (Read 541 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Three Years Into Trump Admin, A Quarter Of Embassy Slots Are Vacant, Leaving State Department Bureaucrats In Charge

A quarter of America’s nearly 200 embassies around the world have vacant ambassadorships, leaving foreign policy in the hands of career Foreign Service bureaucrats like Bill Taylor, a Daily Caller News Foundation analysis of State Department records found. That includes ambassadorships for countries as significant as Japan, Russia and Canada.

In some cases where ambassadorships aren’t vacant, the Trump administration nominated a career Foreign Service official to countries where Obama had a political ambassador, a DCNF review of data from the American Foreign Service Association found.

When a president has not nominated an ambassador, or the Senate has not confirmed a nominee, a career State Department official called the chargé d’affaires acts as the top position.

It is that situation that left Taylor, a career State Department official and former staffer for Democratic Sen. Bill Bradley, as the top American in Ukraine.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/25/empty-ambassador-slots-state-department-bureaucrats/
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 03:56:22 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Good!  Get rid of the swampy deep state and fill those slots with quality ambassadors like Gordon Sondland. /sarc

Offline Slide Rule

Sounds like a great opportunity.

Leave a Marine Guard contingent and have a Secretary
show up on occasion.

In the meantime fire the bunch.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Normally these positions are approved in the 2-3 months after a new POTUS takes office.  We are three years in with many positions that are appointed executive branch positions and positions like ambassadors remaining open because Democommies refuse to attend the meetings creating a quorum.  Failure to attend three meetings in a given period of time should be grounds for removal from the Senate.  After all, we are paying them to do a job, and they are abdicating their responsibility.

TIME HAS COME TO IMPEACH DEMOCOMMIES FROM OUR GOVERNMENT.

Offline dfwgator

And nobody misses them.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
And nobody misses them.

And no one cares.    Well except the deep state workers sucking off the government teat in the diplomatic corps.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Who needs ambassadors, when you can tweet to get your message across, diplomatically or not...?

Offline corbe

Tillerson was making actual progress at cutting State Dept. BS and probably at the behest of the President but apparently he stepped on the wrong d*ck(s) one time too many and got fired by Twitter.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 02:08:46 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Given the number of Swamp beasts running around, I can't imagine it's easy to find qualified pro-America diplomats.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
   Tillerson was making actual progress at cutting State Dept. BS and probably at the behest of the President but apparently he stepped on the wrong d*ck(s) one time too many and got fired by Twitter.

You are grabbing the wrong dick, Corbes.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Who needs ambassadors, when you can tweet to get your message across, diplomatically or not...?

Missing the point.  Inaction led to Bill Taylor who was a former staffer of a Democratic Senator.  But no bigly.  Trump likes to hire Democrats.  You have to actually read the story.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
BFD.  With Ambassadors like the people we've seen in the Schitt Hearings, I'd like to see even more "vacancies."

This problem of loyalty to the US has always been an issue with Ambassadors.  Even Cyrus Vance had to keep reminding them for whom they worked.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 04:21:33 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Progress!  Keep it up!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dancer

Normally these positions are approved in the 2-3 months after a new POTUS takes office.  We are three years in with many positions that are appointed executive branch positions and positions like ambassadors remaining open because Democommies refuse to attend the meetings creating a quorum.  Failure to attend three meetings in a given period of time should be grounds for removal from the Senate.  After all, we are paying them to do a job, and they are abdicating their responsibility.

TIME HAS COME TO IMPEACH DEMOCOMMIES FROM OUR GOVERNMENT.

888high58888