Author Topic: Designate Mexican Drug Cartels as Foreign Terrorist Organizations. | Human Events  (Read 292 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Designate Mexican Drug Cartels as Foreign Terrorist Organizations. | Human Events
Let’s stop kidding ourselves. They are terrorists.
By Mark Everette on November 11, 2019

2006 is when Mexican military launched its war against drug trafficking organizations. This, simply put, has failed; on October 17, 2019, the Sinaloa Cartel defeated the Mexican military in open battle, and effectively forced the Mexican government to release Ovidio Guzman, son of convicted kingpin Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman.

As cartels increasingly resort to insurgent tactics to achieve their ends, they are presenting a genuine danger to both America and Mexico. President Trump recently remarked that waging war on drug cartels is fair game; the feeling resonated with members of Congress, activist groups, and former law enforcement officials.

The success of such a war hinges on law enforcement being equipped to combat these crime syndicates with every tool available to them, and in recognizing these cartels for what they are: foreign terrorist organizations.

Read more at: https://humanevents.com/2019/11/11/designate-mexican-drug-cartels-as-foreign-terrorist-organizations/

Looks like one of the better articles out there. I understand, Human Events has been modernized, we will see. Good article, I think a lot of it is a pay subscription now.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Should have been done long ago.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jpsb

Should have been done long ago.

:thumbsup:

Re US military taking out cartels: only one worry, would that unite the Mexican people against us?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
jbsb wonders:
"Re US military taking out cartels: only one worry, would that unite the Mexican people against us?"

Those Mexicans who live in fear of the cartels would probably support such actions, since the Mexican government seems unable to do it.

Those who would oppose such action -- who cares?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I don't think even terrorist organization is a broad enough definition. They need their own category to give the govt maximum ability to neutralize them.
The Republic is lost.