Author Topic: House Democrats release first transcripts from impeachment probe  (Read 741 times)

Offline OfTheCross

Re: House Democrats release first transcripts from impeachment probe
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2019, 11:31:01 pm »
I didn't ask your opinion on the appropriateness of it.  I ask you to to highlight the specific part of the transcript that shows wrongdoing.

Again, show it to me.  Because I have not seen a single thing that indicates aid was withheld because of any other reason than to encourage others to give aid.  And ultimately, the aid was released with zero action from Ukraine.  You clearly have an opinion that is not based on any known facts.  So if you have facts that we are not aware of, please reveal them now.  Show us the evidence that backs up your claim.

Again, show me where Trump asked Zelenskyy to investigate Joe Biden.  Because it sure as heck can't be found in the transcript.

Again, you are dealing with people who not only have the ability to think critically, we rely on it.  We do not succumb to allowing emotion to dictate our thoughts.  We demand evidence and facts, which clearly are two things that are quite lacking with you.  So I am not going to buy into some nonsense about 'what the narrative says' as a demonstration of proof.  If you are going to come on to this forum and say unequivocally that the transcript released today shows proof of wrong doing, then I am going to call you on it.  So you really have only three options here:

1. Provide that part of the transcript that contains that proof and highlight it for us.
2. Admit that you simply made it up
3. Ignore it and have everyone here know you are a liar.

Your choice.  And for the record, humility goes a very long way with me.  There is no shame or reciprocation in choosing option 2.

I don't typically respond when people break up my replies like you did, but since the mods were kind enough to keep this thread open for us, I will.

You asked me to show you what I thought was wrong-doing in the transcripts. I did just that.

I've provided a factual timeline of events in this thread that looks very much like The White House only released the Aid to Ukraine AFTER they got caught. Links were provided.

I also showed that there were many, many Republicans in the "secret" depositions. And they can object to the new transcripts being released if they deem them to be false or inaccurate.

I didn't claim that the new transcripts released yesterday showed anything, because I have yet to read them.

You seem to have misread one of my posts.

But just to be sure, what part are you saying that I made up?

If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Hoodat

Re: House Democrats release first transcripts from impeachment probe
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2019, 02:35:00 am »
I don't typically respond when people break up my replies like you did, but since the mods were kind enough to keep this thread open for us, I will.

You asked me to show you what I thought was wrong-doing in the transcripts. I did just that.

Here again is your response:
The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.

That passage alone was inappropriate.

Again, I didn't ask your opinion on the appropriateness of it.  I ask you to to highlight the specific part of the transcript that shows wrongdoing.  Either you can back up that claim, or you cannot.  In the event that you cannot, it at that point becomes a matter of integrity.  You can choose to exercise it, or not. 

I've provided a factual timeline of events in this thread that looks very much like The White House only released the Aid to Ukraine AFTER they got caught. Links were provided.

Got caught doing what?  What exactly was it that they got caught doing?  And don't forget to provide evidence to back it up.

I also showed that there were many, many Republicans in the "secret" depositions. And they can object to the new transcripts being released if they deem them to be false or inaccurate.

I could care less about what Republicans think about this.  I am perfectly capable of thinking for myself.

I didn't claim that the new transcripts released yesterday showed anything, because I have yet to read them.

You seem to have misread one of my posts.

But just to be sure, what part are you saying that I made up?

Is this your post?

This has to play out because the transcript itself shows wrong-doing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-