Author Topic: House Democrats release first transcripts from impeachment probe  (Read 743 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Democrats release first transcripts from impeachment probe
« on: November 04, 2019, 05:20:44 pm »
House Democrats release first transcripts from impeachment probe
By Olivia Beavers - 11/04/19 12:07 PM EST

House Democrats on Monday released the first set of transcripts from their closed-door depositions as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

The interview transcripts with former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch and top State Department official Michael McKinley offer the first look at what witnesses told investigators about Trump’s contacts with Ukraine. The release marks a new phase for the Democrats' impeachment inquiry into whether the president pressured Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to open investigations into his political rival, former Vice President Joe Biden.

“As we move towards this new public phase of the impeachment inquiry, the American public will begin to see for themselves the evidence that the committees have collected. With each new interview, we learn more about the President’s attempt to manipulate the levers of power to his personal political benefit," the chairs of the House Intelligence, Oversight and Foreign Affairs committees wrote in a joint statement.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/468859-house-democrats-release-first-transcripts-from-impeachment-probe
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: House Democrats release first transcripts from impeachment probe
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 05:22:18 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 05:22:54 pm »
Read: Michael McKinley deposition transcript in impeachment inquiry
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/468858-read-p-michael-mckinley-deposition-transcript
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 05:24:41 pm »
The rats had all weekend to edit these transcripts to their favor..I hope Repubs have the correct transcripts and not relying on the rats version
Support the USO

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 10:03:12 pm »
Since it is closed door, there is no authentication about whether the transcripts are accurate or complete.

So they are worthless propaganda.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 11:35:50 pm »
Since it is closed door, there is no authentication about whether the transcripts are accurate or complete.

So they are worthless propaganda.

This is nonsense. There were many Repblicans present on all in all of the depositions.

Here's a list of the committees doing the inquiry and their composition:

Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence - 9 Republicans
Committee on the Judiciary - 17 Republicans
Committee on Oversight and Reform - 17 Republicans
Committee on Foreign Affairs - 21 Republicans
Committee on Financial Services - 26 Republicans
Ways and Means Committee - 17 Republicans

I would hope all of those Reps would make their voices heard if the transcripts are inaccurate. @mystery-ak
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 11:48:16 pm »
This is nonsense. There were many Repblicans present on all in all of the depositions.

I would hope all of those Reps would make their voices heard if the transcripts are inaccurate. @mystery-ak

I have little doubt that the House led by Pelosi and the witch hunt being conduct by Schifty will result in the impeachment of President Trump. I don't have much confidence that our GOP majority in the Senate with Roberts residing will vote favorably for him.  Prayers up for our President and our Republic.     :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 11:58:13 pm »
When we know this inquiry is phony, that there is no underlying wrongdoing (read the transcript), that this impeachment inquiry itself, and the hurricane of subpoenas, is a campaign, a strategy, where the flurry of subpoenas of Trump advisors and their subsequent refusal to appear and so protecting the constitution and  separation of powers, becomes the basis to justify impeachment, then we should reject this inquiry as a partisan, illegitimate process.

If this farce should reach the senate, majority leader McConnell should summarily dismiss it. To do otherwise would lend legitimacy to an illegitimate impeachment CAMPAIGN.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 12:05:16 am »
Marie Yovanovitch testified on 10/11 and Michael McKinley on 10/16. It took some three weeks to compile transcripts?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 12:14:26 am »

Tell me again what your major malfunction is and why you are here.    Humor me
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 12:15:43 am »
When we know this inquiry is phony, that there is no underlying wrongdoing (read the transcript), that this impeachment inquiry itself, and the hurricane of subpoenas, is a campaign, a strategy, where the flurry of subpoenas of Trump advisors and their subsequent refusal to appear and so protecting the constitution and  separation of powers, becomes the basis to justify impeachment, then we should reject this inquiry as a partisan, illegitimate process.

If this farce should reach the senate, majority leader McConnell should summarily dismiss it. To do otherwise would lend legitimacy to an illegitimate impeachment CAMPAIGN.

This has to play out because the transcript itself shows wrong-doing.

The Ukraine aid supposed to be released on Feb. 28th. It wasn't released until 09/12/19.

It wasn't released after the phone call with Ukraine in July because Trump still hadn't gotten what he wanted from them (dirt/investigation/public declaration against Biden).

It wasn't released until after the White House found out that the HIC found out about the complaint and they were ostensibly caught.

Why not release the Aid in March?

or April?

or May?

or June?

or July?

or August?

Why wait until the House was informed that something was weird about that call with Ukraine?

This looks bad.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 12:17:05 am »

The Ukraine aid supposed to be released on Feb. 28th. It wasn't released until 09/12/19.

It wasn't released after the phone call with Ukraine in July because Trump still hadn't gotten what he wanted from them (dirt/investigation/public declaration against Biden).

It wasn't released until after the White House found out that the HIC found out about the complaint and they were ostensibly caught.

Why not release the Aid in March?

or April?

or May?

or June?

or July?

or August?

Why wait until the House was informed that something was weird about that call with Ukraine?

This looks bad.

:bsflag:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 12:17:25 am »

This looks bad.

Yes it does.  for you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2019, 12:38:09 am »

@OfTheCross

Show it to me.  Highlight the part that specifically shows wrong doing.

And while you are at it, I am still waiting for you to come up with an impeachable offense.  It has been weeks now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2019, 12:47:33 am »
@OfTheCross

Show it to me.  Highlight the part that specifically shows wrong doing.

And while you are at it, I am still waiting for you to come up with an impeachable offense.  It has been weeks now.

The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.

That passage alone was inappropriate.

And now that it's been confirmed by the Press Secretary, text messages, and testimony, that they were withholding the Aid because of it, it's impeachable.

Asking a foreign government to investigate a political rival and interfere in our election is wrong and the exact opposite of what our President should be doing.

Our President should not be soliciting foreign interference in our elections. That's wrong, is it not?

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2019, 12:57:33 am »

No, you are spitting nonsense.

A Democrat controlled committee which has to approve all GOP witnesses is very capable of altering transcripts, regardless of the cry from Republicans.

EVERY member of the committee should be asked to approve by signature the transcripts. 

If not unanimously approved, then the transcripts are rejected as worthless propaganda.

That is the price to pay for secret rather than public hearings.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2019, 12:59:18 am »
The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.

And now that it's been confirmed by the Press Secretary, text messages, and testimony, that they were withholding the Aid because of it, it's impeachable.

Asking a foreign government to investigate a political rival and interfere in our election is wrong and the exact opposite of what our President should be doing.

Our President should not be soliciting foreign interference in our elections. That's wrong, is it not?

I know who you are now.  I did a key word search.  Go away or be banned.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 01:00:05 am by The Ghost »

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2019, 01:02:08 am »

Inappropriate and wrong is not 'high crimes and misdemeanors'.

Try again.

And this time, let's get evidence that is open for everyone to see in order to judge its merits, not trumped-up charges by malicious and compromised individuals.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2019, 01:06:34 am »
Inappropriate and wrong is not 'high crimes and misdemeanors'.

Try again.

And this time, let's get evidence that is open for everyone to see in order to judge its merits, not trumped-up charges by malicious and compromised individuals.

Look up the history of impeachment in our country and you'll see this is quite an impeachable offense.

Look up the meanings of 'high crimes' and 'misdemeanors' at the time our Constitution was written and you'll see this an impeachable offense

I know who you are now.  I did a key word search.  Go away or be banned.

You're not making any sense, my friend. Who am I?

No, you are spitting nonsense.

A Democrat controlled committee which has to approve all GOP witnesses is very capable of altering transcripts, regardless of the cry from Republicans.

EVERY member of the committee should be asked to approve by signature the transcripts. 

If not unanimously approved, then the transcripts are rejected as worthless propaganda.

That is the price to pay for secret rather than public hearings.

It wasn't a secret. Republicans were in the room. Republicans should/would tell us if the transcripts are not accurate.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2019, 01:10:22 am »

You're not making any sense, my friend. Who am I?

You are gone on this thread my old friend.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2019, 01:36:40 am »
Unlocked for a few more responses
@Hoodat
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2019, 01:43:49 am »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2019, 02:34:52 am »

I'm sure it sounded inappropriate, in your head.  So, in your world, all somebody has to do to escape investigation and prosecution is to run for a public office?  It's a "get out of jail free" card?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2019, 03:22:42 am »

I didn't ask your opinion on the appropriateness of it.  I ask you to to highlight the specific part of the transcript that shows wrongdoing.

And now that it's been confirmed by the Press Secretary, text messages, and testimony, that they were withholding the Aid because of it,

Again, show it to me.  Because I have not seen a single thing that indicates aid was withheld because of any other reason than to encourage others to give aid.  And ultimately, the aid was released with zero action from Ukraine.  You clearly have an opinion that is not based on any known facts.  So if you have facts that we are not aware of, please reveal them now.  Show us the evidence that backs up your claim.

it's impeachable.  Asking a foreign government to investigate a political rival and interfere in our election is wrong and the exact opposite of what our President should be doing.

Again, show me where Trump asked Zelenskyy to investigate Joe Biden.  Because it sure as heck can't be found in the transcript.

Again, you are dealing with people who not only have the ability to think critically, we rely on it.  We do not succumb to allowing emotion to dictate our thoughts.  We demand evidence and facts, which clearly are two things that are quite lacking with you.  So I am not going to buy into some nonsense about 'what the narrative says' as a demonstration of proof.  If you are going to come on to this forum and say unequivocally that the transcript released today shows proof of wrong doing, then I am going to call you on it.  So you really have only three options here:

1. Provide that part of the transcript that contains that proof and highlight it for us.
2. Admit that you simply made it up
3. Ignore it and have everyone here know you are a liar.

Your choice.  And for the record, humility goes a very long way with me.  There is no shame or reciprocation in choosing option 2.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2019, 03:25:09 am »
@mystery-ak   @The Ghost

Thank you.