Author Topic: Majority say they are not better off financially under Trump: poll  (Read 373 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/468802-majority-says-they-are-not-better-off-under-trump-poll
A majority of respondents in a new poll said they are not in better shape financially since President Trump assumed office.

The Financial Times-Peterson poll released Monday found that almost two-thirds of Americans said their finances haven’t gotten better since Trump has taken office.

Thirty-one percent of respondents in the new poll said their finances have gotten worse since Trump won the White House, while 33 percent said their finances haven’t gotten better or worse in the same time frame.

Just over one-third, 35 percent, of respondents did say they have seen a positive change in their finances since Trump took office.

Of those who said their financial situation has worsened since Trump took office, 36 percent said their wages are to blame, while 19 percent blamed their personal or family debts.

The poll also showed an even split amongst likely voters over whether Trump’s policies help or hurt the U.S. economy. Forty-five percent of those polled said they believe Trump's policies have improved the economy, while another 45 percent said they’ve worsened the economy.

more at link

How much stimulus do people expect with paltry trillion dollar deficits?  Ingrates

Offline skeeter

Re: Majority say they are not better off financially under Trump: poll
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 03:59:26 pm »
To heck with what Kiplingers, ADP, BLS etc analysis say.

The Hill's poll says Trump suks.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 04:16:58 pm »
To heck with what Kiplingers, ADP, BLS etc analysis say.

The Hill's poll says Trump suks.

Over representation of liberals who everyone knows can't be trusted to plan for the future or a rainy day, so they blame the bad orange man.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 04:19:13 pm »
Over representation of liberals who everyone knows can't be trusted to plan for the future or a rainy day, so they blame the bad orange man.

Day after day after day. The media spin is so predictable it's become humorous.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 04:21:08 pm »

Sure, okay.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 04:22:55 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 04:21:11 pm »
Polls.   :3:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 04:26:41 pm »

Sure, okay.

Poor Neville went out for peace and all he got was a lousy letter
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 04:31:28 pm »
Okay, then. But, doesn’t that beg the question: If so many people are not better off financially under President Trump, then why is the president on track to pulling in $1.5 billion in donations, largely under $200?

Record breaking stuff here, not easily dismissed.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 04:42:58 pm »

Did you see how FOX News was caught on a phony poll they released a couple weeks ago? Yeah, their poll brought republicans down to 18%, democrats at 42%!! Just so that the fake breaking news had the right impact to damage President Trump.

The establishment wants Trump gone by any means necessary. The sooner we all learn this fact the better able we’ll be to resist the forces of a soulless status quo in Washington DC, where corruption has been institutionalized.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2019, 05:29:14 pm »
The probably overloaded the poll with rich people from blue states who got their itemized deductions capped...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2019, 05:34:48 pm »
Polls.  Shmolls.  But I will say I don't see the great economy so many others see.  I don't know.  Maybe it depends on where you live.  I just know my depressed region is still depressed. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2019, 06:27:03 pm »
I'll take the hard data of the Bureau of Labor Statistics and Wall Street before I'll believe a potentially biased public opinion poll.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2019, 06:27:57 pm »
Did you see how FOX News was caught on a phony poll they released a couple weeks ago? Yeah, their poll brought republicans down to 18%, democrats at 42%!! Just so that the fake breaking news had the right impact to damage President Trump.

The establishment wants Trump gone by any means necessary. The sooner we all learn this fact the better able we’ll be to resist the forces of a soulless status quo in Washington DC, where corruption has been institutionalized.

They just did it again this past weekend with an Impeachment poll.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2019, 06:29:45 pm »

Hey!  You're stealing my material @libertybele
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2019, 06:30:55 pm »

Fox News has not been the same since Roger Ailes died in 2017 IIRC.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2019, 06:31:48 pm »
I'll take the hard data of the Bureau of Labor Statistics and Wall Street before I'll believe a potentially biased public opinion poll.

The BLS is the same outfit that fudged the numbers for  Obama and a number of other past presidents.  Why would I trust their stats now? 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2019, 06:38:22 pm »
The BLS is the same outfit that fudged the numbers for  Obama and a number of other past presidents.  Why would I trust their stats now?

The stats were reasonably sound, it's the conclusions that were twisted by Obastard's bureaucrats.  Never confuse the two, although it's hard not to when all that gets reported are the conclusions.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2019, 06:59:16 pm »

You may be referring to unemployment stats.

It’s not the stats themselves that are bogus. It’s how they are presented.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2019, 07:04:17 pm »
You may be referring to unemployment stats.

It’s not the stats themselves that are bogus. It’s how they are presented.

Perzackly, Skeets! 

I spent many years in R&D for a large Semiconductor company, and Statistics were my bread and butter for about a quarter-century.  It makes my blood boil, watching government drones distort their meaning to accomplish political ends.  All that work, debased.
I will NOT comply.