Author Topic: Jobs Way Up, Unemployment Low -- But Krugman on Trump 2016: 'A Global Recession, No End in Sight'  (Read 148 times)

rangerrebew

Jobs Way Up, Unemployment Low -- But Krugman on Trump 2016: 'A Global Recession, No End in Sight'
By Michael W. Chapman | November 1, 2019 | 3:55pm EDT

(CNSNews.com) -- The U.S. economy today is doing pretty well, with record-high employment numbers and record-low unemployment numbers for blacks, among other positive indices. Yet back in November 2016 when Donald Trump was elected president, Pulitzer Prize-winning economist and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman predicted the U.S.  was "probably looking at a global recession, with no end in sight."
(Getty Images)

Shortly after midnight, when it looked like Trump was going to win the election, Krugman wrote, "If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never."

https://cnsnews.com/index.php/article/national/michael-w-chapman/jobs-way-unemployment-low-krugman-trump-2016-global-recession-no

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Paul Krugman has a perfect record.  He is wrong on everything.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien