Author Topic: Former Fox News Intelligence Correspondent Catherine Herridge joins CBS News  (Read 308 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Fox News Intelligence Correspondent Catherine Herridge joins CBS News
By Joe Concha - 10/31/19 08:51 AM EDT

Former Fox News Chief Intelligence Correspondent Catherine Herridge is joining CBS News, according to a network announcement.

“Catherine Herridge is a skilled investigative correspondent who has consistently brought depth and originality to her reporting,” said CBS News Washington bureau chief Christopher Isham. “We are very excited that she will be joining the outstanding team at the Washington Bureau.”

“CBS News has always placed a premium on enterprise journalism and powerful investigations,” said Herridge. “I feel privileged to join a team where facts and storytelling will always matter.”

Herridge will serve as an investigative reporter and cover "national security and intelligence matters" starting Friday, per CBS.

The 55-year-old Harvard and Columbia University journalism graduate was with Fox News since its inception in 1996.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/468272-former-fox-news-intelligence-correspondent-catherine-herridge-joins-cbs-news
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Herridge always buried her personal opinions professionally at Fox. I suspect they'll be more prominently on display where she's headed.

Chances are, though, she'll end up like Carl Cameron, plied for dirt on FNC and then consigned to some journalistic dustbin.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Herridge always buried her personal opinions professionally at Fox. I suspect they'll be more prominently on display where she's headed.

Chances are, though, she'll end up like Carl Cameron, plied for dirt on FNC and then consigned to some journalistic dustbin.

I agree.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline mountaineer

I wonder if the audience for CBS News is as meagre as that for CNN and MSNBC? At least at FOX, she knew people were watching.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online goatprairie

I wonder if the audience for CBS News is as meagre as that for CNN and MSNBC? At least at FOX, she knew people were watching.
The non cable network news shows draw far more than FOX News. Fifteen to twenty million people watch CBS News nightly compared to two or three million for FOX News.
It's interesting she said she likes CBS News for their storytelling as well as reporting factual news. Unfortunately, there's far more storytelling than reporting of factual news.