Author Topic: Trump’s Defenders Are Now Attacking the Patriotism of a Purple Heart Officer  (Read 760 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/appalling-attack-alexander-vindman/601000/
The attacks continued Tuesday morning. On CNN, the newly hired contributor and former Representative Sean Duffy baselessly accused Vindman of dual loyalty or treason.

“It seems very clear that he is incredibly concerned about Ukrainian defense,” Duffy said. “I don’t know that he’s concerned about American policy, but his main mission was to make sure that the Ukraine got those weapons. I understand that. We all have an affinity to our homeland, where we came from … He’s entitled to his opinion. He has an affinity for the Ukraine, he speaks Ukrainian, and he came from the country, and he wants to make sure they’re safe and free. I understand that.”

Host John Berman, astonished, asked, “Are you saying a decorated war veteran isn’t looking out for America first, yes or no?”

“I don’t know what he’s doing,” Duffy replied, suddenly losing the ability to read Vindman’s mind, though he had demonstrated it moments earlier.

On Fox & Friends, Brian Kilmeade added, “We also know he was born in the Soviet Union, emigrated with his family, young. He tends to feel simpatico with the Ukraine.”

more at link

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Well, anyone who knows world history knows no one in any military has been capable of participating in a coup, even if doing so would serve his or her personal interests.  Nope, never happened and never will. 

Another thing anyone with two working brain cells knows is that IF someone had, he'd never, ever wear a military dress uniform so camera lights could bounce off resplendent medals as a diversion. 

Nope.  This could never, ever happen.   888blackhat

Offline aligncare

Oliver North
Michael Flynn
Carter Page
Mike Pompeo

The left had no problem trashing these proud veterans of military service.

If there weren’t double standards, democrats would have no standards at all.

Offline aligncare

@Once-Ler Better headline:

Trump Attackers Hide behind Patriotism and Military Uniform

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
In his statement,  Vindman clearly states his worry that asking the Ukrainians to investigate alleged corruption would damage the bi-partisan consensus to support Ukraine.   In other words, his worry was that Trump would piss off Democrats.   

Based on the statement,  I can easily see why folks are wondering whether his concern for American national security is feigned, and his true concern was not jeopardizing Democrat political support for Ukraine.  Why, @Once-Ler,  shouldn't Republicans point out that Vindman's objections were political?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I know many people who have been awarded Purple Hearts - a metal that no one really wants - none of them go around advertising the fact.  Only John Kerry and his ilk do such things.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Another thing anyone with two working brain cells knows is that IF someone had, he'd never, ever wear a military dress uniform so camera lights could bounce off resplendent medals as a diversion. 

I agree...Soldiers with their slavish adherence to rules look so dumb in uniform.  Especially the decorated ones. /sarc

Active duty marines are required to wear their A Service uniforms when testifying on capitol hill
https://www.hqmc.marines.mil/Portals/169/BnO%201020.3G%20Battalion%20Uniform%20and%20Civilian%20Attire%20Regulations.pdf

Same for Navy...https://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/ndw/installations/nsa_washington/about/installation_guide/uniform_policy.html
The prescribed uniform when conducting official business on Capitol Hill is the uniform of the day (summer white or service dress blue). All uniformed naval personnel testifying before Congress or attending Congressional hearings will wear service dress blue throughout the year, regardless of season.

I assume the Army is the same.  Don't like it?  You're probably going to have to change the UCMJ.

Why, @Once-Ler,  shouldn't Republicans point out that Vindman's objections were political?
@Jazzhead
They should.  The GOP already hates the FBI, and CIA,  why not the NSC too?  Burn it all down.
Vindman recognized that President Trump will not be President forever and Ukraine will have to work with a Democrat President eventually, and perhaps much sooner than we all expected.  I can think of no better way to advance impeachment then by letting Trump trash a real patriot with standards and principles.  Let Trump be Trump...but don't expect most elected Republican's to fall in line on this one. 

They are already distancing themselves from our President and good news for me Vindman's not even the scariest testimony planned this week.  On Thursday (impeachment vote day) Tim Morrison...Vindman's boss testifies.  https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/wjwye5/trumps-already-freaking-out-over-todays-impeachment-testimony-this-weeks-star-witness-hasnt-even-testified-yet
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 03:16:22 pm by Once-Ler »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Impeaching Trump is a meritless, reckless assault on democracy. Shasa Vindman is at minimum a willing pawn of the left.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Shasa Vindman is at minimum a willing pawn of the left.

More likely, a Russian mole.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
In his statement,  Vindman clearly states his worry that asking the Ukrainians to investigate alleged corruption would damage the bi-partisan consensus to support Ukraine.   In other words, his worry was that Trump would piss off Democrats.   

Based on the statement,  I can easily see why folks are wondering whether his concern for American national security is feigned, and his true concern was not jeopardizing Democrat political support for Ukraine.  Why, @Once-Ler,  shouldn't Republicans point out that Vindman's objections were political?

Right.  And it's a disagreement on policy, which isn't his call to make anyway.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/appalling-attack-alexander-vindman/601000/
more at link

@Once-Ler

He is a freaking Colonel with a CIB,which he probably put himself in for,and a Purple Heart. You can earn a Purple Hear while sleeping in your bunk in  your barracks.

He has no valor awards earned in combat.Not even an Army Commendation Medal.

Career staff puke.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I know many people who have been awarded Purple Hearts - a metal that no one really wants - none of them go around advertising the fact.  Only John Kerry and his ilk do such things.

@Bigun

John Kerry put himself in for all three of his Purple Hearts. It was the only way he could leave VN early.

BTW,military regulations in the VN war were that anyone wounded 3 times is automatically transferred back to the US unless they want to remain. Kerry's "wounds" were all "band-daid wounds" that scabbed over. IIRC,he never even got any stitches for any of them.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

John Kerry put himself in for all three of his Purple Hearts. It was the only way he could leave VN early.

BTW,military regulations in the VN war were that anyone wounded 3 times is automatically transferred back to the US unless they want to remain. Kerry's "wounds" were all "band-daid wounds" that scabbed over. IIRC,he never even got any stitches for any of them.

I am fully aware of John F'n Kerry's actions @sneakypete.  They make me sick and should do the same for anyone IMHO.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Impeaching Trump is a meritless, reckless assault on democracy. Shasa Vindman is at minimum a willing pawn of the left.

Why should Vindman's opinion have more weight than the official transcript that was a group endeavor? Why? Because he smears Trump.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline aligncare

Why should Vindman's opinion have more weight than the official transcript that was a group endeavor? Why? Because he smears Trump.

Shiff is shameless, though not stupid. He knows that rational, intelligent people are not buying what he’s selling.

Now if only we can find some rational, intelligent people. Let’s see, maybe ...in news rooms? Academia? Hollywood? Environmentalists? Congress? Eh...

We’re screwed

@Once-Ler

He is a freaking Colonel with a CIB,which he probably put himself in for,and a Purple Heart. You can earn a Purple Hear while sleeping in your bunk in  your barracks.

Career staff puke.
The GOP gave up on lower taxes(tariffs), controlling Federal spending, and supporting our troops.  They hold no value to me anymore.   

Offline LegalAmerican

Oliver North
Michael Flynn
Carter Page
Mike Pompeo

The left had no problem trashing these proud veterans of military service.

If there weren’t double standards, democrats would have no standards at all.

Excellent!   ^ 5.   Always that double standard.

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

@Once-Ler

Career staff puke.

Look what I just read!  "Alexander Vindman’s older brother is founder of Tungsten Capital Advisors, with an investment focus in Ukraine and Russia."

Offline LegalAmerican

Thanks for the videos -- hopefully people will start paying attention.

THANK YOU!   888high58888.  And this. Alexander Vindman’s older brother is founder of Tungsten Capital Advisors, with an investment focus in Ukraine and Russia.

Offline LegalAmerican

Right.  And it's a disagreement on policy, which isn't his call to make anyway.

Hi, what do you think of this?  Alexander Vindman’s older brother is founder of Tungsten Capital Advisors, with an investment focus in Ukraine and Russia.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Look what I just read!  "Alexander Vindman’s older brother is founder of Tungsten Capital Advisors, with an investment focus in Ukraine and Russia."

@LegalAmerican

Hmmm,the Colonel is never going to obtain a higher rank,so now he comes out with something that will hurt the president and help his brother,and by extension HIM in retirement?

I'm sure that is just a coinkydink,though.

Offline Absalom

The Purple Heart is awarded for those injured in combat; it has nothing to do w/valor.