Author Topic: Vindman said White House transcript of Ukraine call omitted key material: report  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Not true when committee chair Adam Schiff instructed a witness not to answer a question posed by a sitting republican (can’t recall which member).

I think it was Jim Jordan.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

As best I can tell, he seems to think he heard something not contained in the official transcript.  I doubt that very much particularly in view of the fact that he was apparently advising Ukrainian officials on how to "deal with" Rudy Giuliani.

......... :thumbsup:   He doesn't know about the law, that allows president to ask about corruption in Ukraine.  Their NEW president just won, there, on his platform of removing corruption, and same with President TRUMP, so AFTER congratulating each other on their win, President asked THEIR president to look into some corruption. 1998 law put in by Clinton. Nothing was withheld with Ukraine. 
-----------
KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy says there was "no blackmail" in the phone call with U.S. President Donald Trump that helped spark an impeachment inquiry.

Responding Thursday to questions from The Associated Press, Zelenskiy said he only learned after their July 25 phone call that the U.S. had blocked hundreds of millions of dollars in military aid to Ukraine.

"We didn't speak about this" during the July call, Zelenskiy said, saying the military aid wasn't the "theme" of the conversation. He spoke Thursday during an unusual, all-day "media marathon" in a Kyiv food court amid growing questions about his actions as president.

Offline LegalAmerican

Don't confuse people with facts @EdJames.

............. :thumbsup:

Offline Absalom

Almost 500 years have passed since those days....  Witness Trump, threatened
with obstruction of justice charges for seeking the resignation of those "serving"
at his pleasure....  review the SES gripe on their fiefdoms where they function
as feudal lords...  500 years has brought much change....  not all for the better....
---------------------
Old Nick, was a Roman in the mold of Julius Caesar, Cicero, Livy, Cato and Augustus,
to name just a handful, and who shared their attitudes, behaviors and impulses.
That he was born in the 15th century is irrelevant.
What is relevant is that moderns have been birthing one bleep worse than
the previous, for more than a century while loudly asserting "We are the greatest"!!!
Why of course we are???

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Would you believe anything I said that you didn't already want to believe?
If you wish, we can use the polling feature on this forum to conduct a survey of all forum members.

Do you believe the results would agree with you or against you?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The GOP representatives in the room can ask whatever they'd like.

They've been there the entire time
Of course they can.

The problem though is the witnesses are instructed not to answer the question.

Do you see any problem with that?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Twitter Thread:

LTC (R) Jim Hickman
@Jim_Hickman13
I know LTC Alex Vindman from a Combined US-Russian exercise called Atlas Vision 12 in Grafenwoher, GE. He worked w/the Russian Embassy & I was assigned to the JMTC (Joint...
LTC (R) Jim Hickman
@Jim_Hickman13
·
11h
I need to make a slight correction on my statement, it was actually Atlas Vision 13 when the incident occurred. I was thrown off, as the next year Russia invaded Crimea. Also, I was promoted to Chief, Regional, Joint & Combined Exercises Branch, USAREUR, over many exercises.
LTC (R) Jim Hickman
@Jim_Hickman13
·
Oct 31
...not your professional, field-grade officer, who has the character & integrity to do the right thing. Do not let the uniform fool you...he is a political activist in uniform. I pray our nation will drop this hate, vitriol & division, & unite as our founding fathers intended!
🇺🇸
LTC (R) Jim Hickman
@Jim_Hickman13
·
Oct 31
...verbally reprimanded him for his actions, & I'll leave it at that, so as not to be unprofessional myself. The bottom-line is LTC Vindman was a partisan Democrat at least as far back as 2012. So much so, junior officers & soldiers felt uncomfortable around him. This is..
LTC (R) Jim Hickman
@Jim_Hickman13
·
Oct 31
...say. Regardless, after hearing him bash America a few times in front of subordinates, Russians, & GS Employees, as well as, hearing an earful about globalization, Obama's plan, etc...I'd had enough. I tapped him on the shoulder & asked him to step outside. At that point I...
LTC (R) Jim Hickman
@Jim_Hickman13
·
Oct 31
...struck me as odd, & it was w/respect to American's falsely thinking they're exceptional, when he said, "He [Obama] is working on that now." And he said it w/a snide 'I know a secret' look on his face. I honestly don't know what it meant, it just sounded like an odd thing to...
LTC (R) Jim Hickman
@Jim_Hickman13
·
Oct 31
...w/the Russian Soldiers & laugh as if at the expense of the US personnel. It was so uncomfortable & unprofessional, one of the GS employees came & told me everything above. I walked over & sat w/in earshot of Vindman, & sure enough, all was confirmed. One comment truly..
LTC (R) Jim Hickman
@Jim_Hickman13
·
Oct 31
...Russian Soldiers, as well as the young Officers & GS Employees about America, Russia, & Obama. He was apologetic of American culture, laughed about Americans not being educated or worldly, & really talked up Obama & globalism to the point of uncomfortable. He would speak...
LTC (R) Jim Hickman
@Jim_Hickman13
·
Oct 31
...had an issue relevant to his recent testimony. As stated earlier, Atlas Vision 12 was conducted at JMTC in the VBS2 (Virtual Battle Simulations 2) Classrooms for Simulation. Vindman, who was a Major at the time, was sitting in one of the classrooms talking to the US &...
LTC (R) Jim Hickman
@Jim_Hickman13
·
Oct 31
...account of LTC Vindman's words & actions are completely accurate to the best of my recollection & have been corroborated by others. We interacted on several different occasions throughout the planning cycle, but it was during the actual execution of the exercise, that we...
LTC (R) Jim Hickman
@Jim_Hickman13
·
Oct 31
Replying to
@Jim_Hickman13
...Multinational Training Command), w/in USAREUR (US Army Europe). He worked coordination w/the Russian 15th Peacekeeping Brigade, & I was in charge of all Simulations planning, as well as assisting the USAREUR Lead Planner as the Senior Military Planner. The following...

https://twitter.com/Jim_Hickman13/status/1190077852680634368

Sgt. Carter is that you?

Well, nothing really damning here.... that I see, I put the tweets in order but it does give some impressions.  It's not a smooth narrative, almost like some tweets are missing but still overall, understandable.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 05:13:43 am by TomSea »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Well, nothing really damning here.... that I see, I put the tweets in order but it does give some impressions.  It's not a smooth narrative, almost like some tweets are missing but still overall, understandable.

It's hard for me to believe they allow Democrats in the military.  I didn't think was allowed...still this LTC says the other LTC is a dirty stinking rat. 
I guess there is no reason to continue with this impeachment. 
Back to the drawing board. 8888crybaby

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Vindman was actually born in Kiev Ukraine, I didn't know, USSR.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Vindman

So, I'm sure he's a good man. One might be more sensitive to some matters, an interesting biography.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Vindman was actually born in Kiev Ukraine, I didn't know, USSR.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Vindman

So, I'm sure he's a good man. One might be more sensitive to some matters, an interesting biography.

He's a dem russian plant.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline OfTheCross

He's a dem russian plant.

If we're going to incriminate him for being born somewhere else Melania Trump might be the biggest plant of them all
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If we're going to incriminate him for being born somewhere else Melania Trump might be the biggest plant of them all

Gee, you really are stuck on stupid. 

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Gee, you really are stuck on stupid.

I wonder where he is on the "Barron's Retarded" spectrum.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Site in decline.

Intelligent members, being replaced with idiots.

2009 Intelligent and classy

2016 Turned a big corner

2019 Back to Hitler (aka continuing TDS)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Right_in_Virginia

Alex Vindman’s Impeachment Testimony Completely Rested On His Personal Opinions
The Federalist, Nov 1, 2019, John Lucas

Alex Vindman’s testimony about the July 25 call between the two presidents does not add any new facts. So, what does he say? He offers his opinions about the wisdom of the call. That’s it.

[...]

Second, many have touted Vindman’s “firsthand knowledge” of what was said on the July 25 call, in order to distinguish that “firsthand knowledge” from the allegations by the “whistleblower,” whose “second- or third-hand knowledge” was the catalyst for the present impeachment circus. The anti-Trump media initially ran with that story line and others have fallen into the same trap.

It is correct that Vindman has “firsthand knowledge” of the call. However, his personal knowledge of that call is not important. Why not? Because the president released the transcript and we know what was said.

In fact, Vindman’s prepared statement indicates he believes that the released transcript is accurate. He said: “As the transcript is in the public record, we are all aware of what was said.” If Vindman had contended that the transcript was not accurate, then his recollection might be material. But that is not what he claimed. 

Although some left-leaning media outlets now claim the transcript has omissions and is not accurate, Vindman did not make that claim or dispute the accuracy of the transcript. If he later changes course and claims, contrary to his prepared statement, that the transcript is not accurate, then such a shift would raise obvious credibility issues. But that discussion is for another day, if it happens.

I will close with one final observation: Vindman’s public volunteering of his personal opinions contrary to those of his commander-in-chief violates the fundamental rule that military officers should be publicly apolitical, in order to keep the armed forces out of political disputes. I respectfully submit that honoring that fundamental separation is more in line with an officer’s duty than what Vindman did in this case.

The fact that he elected to testify in uniform, thus attempting to add the imprimatur of the U.S. military to boost his credibility, makes it worse.

More:  https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/01/alex-vindmans-impeachment-testimony-completely-rested-on-his-personal-opinions/