Author Topic: Trump and China’s Xi Jinping expected to meet, sign major trade deal at APEC next month  (Read 405 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by  Laura Widener 10/29/2019

Trump and China’s Xi Jinping expected to meet, sign major trade deal at APEC next month

U.S. President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping are expected to meet at Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit next month and may sign a new trade agreement.

The news of the expected meeting and subsequent deal were first reported by South China Morning Post, citing an anonymous source familiar with plans of the meeting, who said an interim deal would be signed on Nov. 17 “if everything goes smoothly.”

A Trump administration official later told Reuters that the date is not yet set in stone, but remarked on the positive progress being made in negotiations between the U.S. and China.

“If it’s not signed in Chile, that doesn’t mean that it falls apart. It just means that it’s not ready,” a Trump administration official told Reuters. “Our goal is to sign it in Chile. But sometimes texts aren’t ready. But good progress is being made and we expect to sign the agreement in Chile.”

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/10/trump-and-chinas-xi-jinping-expected-to-meet-sign-major-trade-deal-at-apec-next-month/

Offline Absalom

American Military News by  Laura Widener 10/29/2019
A Trump administration official later told Reuters that the date is not yet set in stone, but remarked on the positive progress being made in negotiations between the U.S. and China.
----------------------------------
The point of this trade episode, from day one, has been to change China's behavioral
history of cheating, lying and stealing, which they have been doing for 4000 years!!!
All the rest is meaningless blather fostered by crony capitalist types desperate to get
any deal at any price to fatten their wallets!!!!!

Offline LegalAmerican

I wish president TRUMP the best, to get China to behave!  President is correcting all the prior bad decisions made by past presidents.  I think it was Bill Clinton that sold us OUT to China.  I do not TRUST CHINA at all.  We can not rely on anything they say. I believe president will put in some measures to give them consequences, if they lie again. BEST WISHES MR. PRESIDENT!

Offline LegalAmerican

----------------------------------
The point of this trade episode, from day one, has been to change China's behavioral
history of cheating, lying and stealing, which they have been doing for 4000 years!!!
All the rest is meaningless blather fostered by crony capitalist types desperate to get
any deal at any price to fatten their wallets!!!!!

I just read your post.  So we both see that China will NOT BEHAVE.  But the rest of your post is not positive or helpful. Why are you upset about people who USE the stock market and trade to make a living?  America's economy will be helped, like the farmers with their corn, soy, products sold to China.  You are against capitalism?  If YOUR wallet is fattened, are you against that, or ONLY others?  I am trying to be kind & not nasty on here, but I can be blunt.  The written word does not lend itself to a warm voice. I really don't understand you're thinking.  Can you explain in a respectful way to me?

Offline Absalom

I just read your post.  So we both see that China will NOT BEHAVE.  But the rest of your post is not positive or helpful. Why are you upset about people who USE the stock market and trade to make a living?  America's economy will be helped, like the farmers with their corn, soy, products sold to China.  You are against capitalism?  If YOUR wallet is fattened, are you against that, or ONLY others?  I am trying to be kind & not nasty on here, but I can be blunt.  The written word does not lend itself to a warm voice. I really don't understand you're thinking.  Can you explain in a respectful way to me?
-------------------------
Fair enough, so reflect and understanding will follow.
The dawn of the Fertile Crescent till the French Enlightenment in 1750, spanned some 8,500 years.
Over that period, culture/society developed and matured permitting Mankind to survive and thrive,
be he Assyrian, Egyptian, Persian, Greek, Roman and so on.
The critical attribute in his development was a strong spiritual sensibility which was manifested
in his Architecture, Portraiture, Sculpture; his Literature; his Philosophy, among many achievements.
But Enlightenment Radicals, obsessed w/the eradication of the old order, as represented by the
Catholic Church and Monarchy, insisted that the key to Mankind's fulfillment and happiness could
only come thru his material betterment, promoted by the birth of Capitalism.
Their siren song changed the world to our time and in my judgement hardly for the better.
Anyone disputing this, suggest they contrast pre and post Enlightenment Art.
The notion that we are the greatest because we have more "stuff" than those who preceded us,
back to the Ancients, is the level of argument advanced by those oblivious to the reality of history.
The virtues of compassion, responsibility, courage, perseverance, self-discipline, honesty, loyalty,
among dozens; are hardly fostered by material betterment.
Rather they are driven by a spiritual sense allowing cultures/societies to achieve greatness.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 09:39:20 pm by Absalom »