Author Topic: Four Months After Threat To Seize Trump Towers Istanbul, Trump Gave In To Turkey’s Syria Troop Pullo  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
December 23, 2018
Four Months After Threat To Seize Trump Towers Istanbul, Trump Gave In To Turkey’s Syria Troop Pullout Demand

Excerpt:

Erdogan said on Friday that Turkey will soon launch a major military operation against the Kurds, who have declared their own autonomous state, according to the Middle East Eye news site. With U.S. troops in the region, the planned Turkish operation would have put Turkish and American forces, who are NATO allies, against each other.

So why did Trump accede to Erdogan’s demands for a U.S. pullout from Syria? The reasons remain unclear, but four months before Trump made his sudden decision, a major political party in Syria called for Erdogan’s government to seize the twin Trump Towers Istanbul skyscrapers, according to a report by the Turkish newspaper Hurriyet Daily News.

The call to seize the Trump Towers Istanbul came from Turkey’s İYİ Party — or “Good Party,” in English — which implored Erdogan to seize the buildings as retaliation for U.S. sanctions against two top officials in Erdogan’s regime, who were accused of human rights violations, according to an account in Britain’s Express newspaper.

https://www.inquisitr.com/5221546/seize-trump-towers-istanbul-syria-troop-pullout/

I couldn't see the sense in what he did.  But seeing this article from a year ago makes the fog clear a bit.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Say, isn't that Turkey pulling a quid pro quo extortion racket?  Impeach them!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The original post story was written in Dec. 2018 BUT the same circumstances were revisited in this article.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/trumps-turkey-problem
Trump's Turkey problem
by Jonathan Schanzer and Aykan Erdemir   | October 24, 2019

Yes, this is a troubling issue and we need full transparency.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 02:49:00 am by TomSea »

Offline Chosen Daughter

The original post story was written in Dec. 2018 BUT the same circumstances were revisited in this article.

Yes, this is a troubling issue and we need full transparency.

I agree.  All of Trumps personal and official dealings with Turkey and Erdogan need to be looked into.  Because this does obviously reek of conflict of interest and possibly even rise to the level of blackmail.  I just posted in politics that Wesley Clark has raised the question.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline kidd

Turkey's IYI party had been formed about a year earlier from the time when they made this demand. An unknown group.
In the June 2018 election, the IYI party got 7.3% of the popular vote. About where the American Libertarian Party is
They are a secularist party in a country that has turned into a theocracy.

IOW - the IYI party is relatively small potatoes.
 = =

Also - Trump recently was ready to impose significant sanctions on Turkey in response to Turkish military actions against the Kurds.
Rather than threatening to seize the towers, Turkey backed off of the military action.
This is in contradiction with the notion that Turkey had enough "blackmail" power.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Turkey's IYI party had been formed about a year earlier from the time when they made this demand. An unknown group.
In the June 2018 election, the IYI party got 7.3% of the popular vote. About where the American Libertarian Party is
They are a secularist party in a country that has turned into a theocracy.

IOW - the IYI party is relatively small potatoes.
 = =

Also - Trump recently was ready to impose significant sanctions on Turkey in response to Turkish military actions against the Kurds.
Rather than threatening to seize the towers, Turkey backed off of the military action.
This is in contradiction with the notion that Turkey had enough "blackmail" power.

Why did he back off?  He wanted to and then he backed off.

Trump's Turkey problem
by Jonathan Schanzer and Aykan Erdemir
 | October 24, 2019 11:00 PM

In what may well have been the shortest duration of sanctions in modern history, President Trump on Oct. 23 lifted all of the sanctions he had imposed on Turkey just nine days earlier for “escalating violence, endangering innocent civilians, and destabilizing the region” with its military incursion into northeast Syria.

In his statement, Trump referred to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan as “a man I've gotten to know very well, and a man who loves his country.” Trump then added, “In his mind, he's doing the right thing for his country.” And now, Trump says, the two men “may be meeting in the very near future.”
The media have rightly been focused on Turkey’s incursion in northeast Syria, with reports of ISIS jailbreaks and war crimes committed by Ankara’s Islamist proxies. But for those watching, Erdoğan’s rogue behavior is not new. His government has facilitated Iran and Venezuela’s sanctions-evasion schemes while openly supporting terrorist groups such as Hamas and the al Qaeda-linked Jabhat al-Nusra.

Despite his tough talk about NATO allies that undermine American interests (yes, Turkey is a NATO ally), Trump is inexplicably inclined to give the ErdoÄŸan government a free pass. At nearly every step along the way of his presidency, he has elected to appease the Turkish leader when he could have come down on him in ways Americans now expect from their tough-talking president. Baffled lawmakers want to know why.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/trumps-turkey-problem

As for the contradiction I don't agree.  I think it only raises more questions.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Impeach him reason number 596. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Turkey? What happened to Ukraine, Russia & Iceland?

Have I got a headache.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Turkey? What happened to Ukraine, Russia & Iceland?

Have I got a headache.

Yeah me too. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Impeach him reason number 596.

I say, "Impeach Erdogan!"  He's the one offering a Quid pro Quo.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That many?

You're the head NT ghoulish crypt keeper.  I thought you had a running count.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I just assumed you had one of your pools going....
I will NOT comply.

Offline kidd

Why did he back off?  He wanted to and then he backed off.

???
Because Turkey agreed to a cease fire and talks with the Kurds.
Why would anyone continue to impose sanctions after there is compliance?

The same thing happened when Mexico agreed to increase its efforts to stop the rush on our Southern border. Mexico complied...sanctions were lifted. All in a short period of time.

Online Wingnut

I just assumed you had one of your pools going....
I have one going on what date the housecritters will announce the official vote to Impeach. 
Thanks for the idea.  I gots to get one going on the articles of impeachment!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have one going on what date the housecritters will announce the official vote to Impeach. 
Thanks for the idea.  I gots to get one going on the articles of impeachment!

Make up a poll and post it in @corbe's place.  Keep this one clean and it'll stay...
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

Make up a poll and post it in @corbe's place.  Keep this one clean and it'll stay...

Clean is a dirty word.    ****slapping

Offline Chosen Daughter

I never learned to count that high and I forget to use apostophes. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

???
Because Turkey agreed to a cease fire and talks with the Kurds.
Why would anyone continue to impose sanctions after there is compliance?

The same thing happened when Mexico agreed to increase its efforts to stop the rush on our Southern border. Mexico complied...sanctions were lifted. All in a short period of time.

I think that is yet to be determined.  And Erdogan should be punished for what he has done.  Simply saying because he agreed doesn't cut it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think that is yet to be determined.  And Erdogan should be punished for what he has done.  Simply saying because he agreed doesn't cut it.

I think you may be missing a point:  If somebody does something you don't like, and you punish them to make them stop, you can't keep on punishing them if they stop because they'll just start up again.  That said, they need to settle and clear out of their so-called buffer zone.  Israel has one, called the Golan Heights.  Should we punish them for that?  If not, why not?

Bear in mind, Turkey's been having trouble with Kurdish terrorist separatists for as long as I can remember.  Syria and Iraq have that same problem with them.  The UN is not about to step in and define "Kurdistan," so it's unlikely they'll separate agreeably.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

@TomSea
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak
@roamer_1

A compilation of posts:
"In what may well have been the shortest duration of sanctions in modern history, President Trump on Oct. 23 lifted all of the sanctions he had imposed on Turkey just nine days earlier for “escalating violence, endangering innocent civilians, and destabilizing the region” with its military incursion into northeast Syria.
Despite his tough talk about NATO allies that undermine American interests (yes, Turkey is a NATO ally), Trump is inexplicably inclined to give the ErdoÄŸan government a free pass. At nearly every step along the way of his presidency, he has elected to appease the Turkish leader when he could have come down on him in ways Americans now expect from their tough-talking president. Baffled lawmakers want to know why.
“So why did Trump accede to Erdogan’s demands for a U.S. pullout from Syria? The reasons remain unclear, but four months before Trump made his sudden decision, a major political party in Syria called for Erdogan’s government to seize the twin Trump Towers Istanbul skyscrapers, according to a report by the Turkish newspaper Hurriyet Daily News.”

Listed Below:
Property in foreign countries owned by Donald Trump personally or owned by his business, the Trump Organization, plus those with Licensing Agreements with his company.  A Licensing Agreement is an amount of money paid to him/his business for using the Trump name on a building.  Note: those listed as “Towers” means there are two towers, not one.  What happens in these foreign countries can affect the income from his personal property, his company’s business buildings, and his golf courses/resorts owned in these countries.  He is going to protect himself first, the country comes second.

Trump Tower (s)
Trump Towers Istanbul, Turkey
Trump Towers Pune, India
Trump Tower Kolkata, Kolkata, India
Trump Tower Manila, Philippines

In Development
Trump Tower Mumbai, India
Trump Tower Punta del Este, Uruguay

Apartment Building
Daewoo Trump World, apartment “brand” in South Korea

Hotels
Trump International Hotel and Tower (Vancouver), Canada

Golf Courses/Resorts
Trump International Golf Club (Dubai)
Trump World Golf Club (Dubai)
Trump International Golf Links, Scotland
Trump International Golf Links and Hotel Ireland
Trump Turnberry (Scotland)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 01:28:56 am by Victoria33 »

Online Wingnut

« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 12:15:20 am by The Ghost »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@TomSea
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak
@roamer_1

A compilation of posts:
"In what may well have been the shortest duration of sanctions in modern history, President Trump on Oct. 23 lifted all of the sanctions he had imposed on Turkey just nine days earlier for “escalating violence, endangering innocent civilians, and destabilizing the region” with its military incursion into northeast Syria.
“So why did Trump accede to Erdogan’s demands for a U.S. pullout from Syria? The reasons remain unclear, but four months before Trump made his sudden decision, a major political party in Syria called for Erdogan’s government to seize the twin Trump Towers Istanbul skyscrapers, according to a report by the Turkish newspaper Hurriyet Daily News.”

Listed Below:
Property in foreign countries owned by Donald Trump personally or owned by his business, the Trump Organization, plus those with Licensing Agreements with his company.  A Licensing Agreement is an amount of money paid to him/his business for using the Trump name on a building.  Note: those listed as “Towers” means there are two towers, not one.  What happens in these foreign countries can affect the income from his personal property, his company’s business buildings, and his golf courses/resorts owned in these countries.  He is going to protect himself first, the country comes second.

Trump Tower (s)
Trump Towers Istanbul, Turkey
Trump Towers Pune, India
Trump Tower Kolkata, Kolkata, India
Trump Tower Manila, Philippines

In Development
Trump Tower Mumbai, India
Trump Tower Punta del Este, Uruguay

Apartment Building
Daewoo Trump World, apartment “brand” in South Korea

Hotels
Trump International Hotel and Tower (Vancouver)

Golf Courses/Resorts
Trump International Golf Club (Dubai)
Trump World Golf Club (Dubai)
Trump International Golf Links, Scotland
Trump International Golf Links and Hotel Ireland
Trump Turnberry (Scotland)

Does that mean we should never again elect a businessman?  Heck, Biden and the Clintons have already proved professional politicians are not above helping their financial interests through their offices. 

So bloody what if Trump owns hotels?  We shouldn't expect Presidents to swear an oath of poverty.  Maybe we should?  It would certainly stop any recalcitrant business people from trying to get elected to run a country.  Let's clear the path so we only can elect professional politicians, they've done so well for us in the past.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Does that mean we should never again elect a businessman?  Heck, Biden and the Clintons have already proved professional politicians are not above helping their financial interests through their offices. 

So bloody what if Trump owns hotels?  We shouldn't expect Presidents to swear an oath of poverty.  Maybe we should?  It would certainly stop any recalcitrant business people from trying to get elected to run a country.  Let's clear the path so we only can elect professional politicians, they've done so well for us in the past.

I think what makes it a problem is with the Turkish government.  If they have the ability to seize another foreign governments presidential property there is an opening for blackmail.  If it was a private purchase and the government has no say, but apparently Erdogan does.  Theocracy.  Problem with the type of government.   That is the problem.  I think full disclosure is the best.   Then there can be no accusations.  And if Erdogan had use Trump business as leverage for war then its a crime.  The President had a duty to inform the Justice Department and all other appropriate people within his command and military.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 12:38:11 am by Chosen Daughter »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think what makes it a problem is with the Turkish government.  If they have the ability to seize another foreign governments presidential property there is an opening for blackmail.  If it was a private purchase and the government has no say, but apparently Erdogan does.  Theocracy.  Problem with the type of government.   That is the problem.  I think full disclosure is the best.   Then there can be no accusations.  And if Erdogan had use Trump business as leverage for war then its a crime.  The President had a duty to inform the Justice Department and all other appropriate people within his command and military.

Sounds like the only prudent thing to do is sell off all Trump properties. *****rollingeyes*****

We need to hire a Bernie, who used to live in a house with dirt floors.  New Presidential uniform:  Sackcloth.
I will NOT comply.