Author Topic: Bed Bath & Beyond Pulls Halloween Decorations Following Racism Complaint  (Read 532 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We're saved!

In a bold move which will forever remove from mankind the stain of racism -- and probably also cure poverty, disease, and war -- home retailer Bed Bath & Beyond has pulled certain jack-o'-lanterns off its store shelves. Reports don't make it quite clear whether the move was nationwide or just at the one particular location, but your Friendly Neighborhood VodkaPundit was unable to find them for sale on the company's website.

See, these particular jack-o'-lanterns are painted black on the outside, in order to better contrast and show off a very cool orange glow from the inside when lit. And since we live in a deeply stupid age, someone decided that the glowing fake pumpkin carvings must be racist. This is an easy mistake to make if you happen to be brain damaged, or are a perennially pissed-off progressive permanently on the lookout for something to be peeved about. But I repeat myself.

The whole ball of stupid got rolling in Nyack, New York, where someone from a local law firm picked up a few of the nasty-evil-vile-racist-hater plastic pumpkins for office Halloween decorations.

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/bed-bath-beyond-pulls-halloween-decorations-following-racism-complaint/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Bed Bath & Beyond Pulls Halloween Decorations Following Racism Complaint
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 11:23:59 pm »
One would think the ordinary orange jack'o'lanterns would trigger many Progs.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 11:28:33 pm »
One would think the ordinary orange jack'o'lanterns would trigger many Progs.

Making Halloween great again?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 11:37:48 pm »
I have bad news for black people. I hate that it falls on me to inform them of this,but somebody needs to do so.

Guess what? You are black,and you will always BE black. Get over it. People are rabidly getting tired of kissing your asses over the accident of your birth.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 01:40:41 pm »
I'm going to go to Kroger, buy a punkin, bring it home, carve a face in it and paint the whole thing white. You know, just to offend, outrage and trigger myself.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 05:25:32 pm »
I'm going to go to Kroger, buy a punkin, bring it home, carve a face in it and paint the whole thing white. You know, just to offend, outrage and trigger myself.

Do it like that (original) Star Trek episode, half black and half white.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 05:34:26 pm »
Do it like that (original) Star Trek episode, half black and half white.

No that would be rassist.  Needs to be half white and half black.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 06:03:59 pm »
One of my favorite remaining brick and mortar stores.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline verga

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 06:58:27 pm »
BKMK
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline berdie

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 08:48:26 pm »
People, it's a pumpkin!! Get a grip.

I'm pretty sure folks have WAYYY to much time on their hands...and empty minds that need some kind of company.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2019, 10:07:51 pm »
No that would be rassist.  Needs to be half white and half black.

:facepalm: What was I thinking?!!! :facepalm:

rangerrebew

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2019, 12:49:06 pm »
Sorry But Black Pumpkins Are ‘Racist’, The Left Forced Stores To Remove Them Completely
Jessica Hardy
October 26, 2019

Dear Jesus, where is this ship sailing to? How is it that a politician like Justin Trudeau wears black-face and the left doesn’t bat an eye. In fact, the guy was re-elected! BUT black pumpkins are ‘racist’?

This is just stupid…

Bed Bath & Beyond has removed black jack-o’-lanterns from sale after a News 12 investigation that stemmed from complaints in Nyack about the product.

A Halloween display in front of a law firm was taken down in Nyack because the jack-o’-lanterns upset some community members. The jack-o’-lanterns are painted black with a white mouth.

The reaction from some community members led the Feerick, Nugent, MacCartney Law Offices to take the pumpkins down less than 48 hours after setting them out on the porch.

https://leadpatriot.com/sorry-but-black-pumpkins-are-racist-the-left-forced-stores-to-remove-them-completely/4607/

rangerrebew

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2019, 12:50:11 pm »
 :banghead:

Offline Mod1

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2019, 01:22:16 pm »
Threads merged. Same story.