Author Topic: Media begin canonization of Mitt Romney  (Read 287 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Media begin canonization of Mitt Romney
« on: October 21, 2019, 01:29:31 pm »
October 21, 2019
Media begin canonization of Mitt Romney
By Thomas Lifson

Remember when Mitt Romney was a heartless capitalist, torturer of the family dog and driving his ex-employees into cancer?  It wasn’t that many years ago, when he had the effrontery to run against the nation's First Black President, that Mitt Romney was a cartoon villain so far as the media and other Democrats were concerned.

That was then, but now that Donald Trump is president and Romney a senator who may be called to cast a vote in a Senate impeachment trial, Romney is enjoying the media’s “strange new respect,” much like a Republican-appointed Supreme Court justice voting with the liberal bloc. The Atlantic, the deep-pocketed publication owned by the widow of Steve Jobs, is one of the true thought-leaders on the journalistic left, and it is signaling that Romney is a man entitled to deep respect, for he may someday play the role that Howard Baker played with Richard Nixon.  In an article by McKay Coppins, entitled “The Liberation of Mitt Romney,” the positive language is slathered onto Mitt with abandon, considering how recently he was evil incarnate and wore "magic underwear."  For example:

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/10/media_begin_canonization_of_mitt_romney.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Media begin canonization of Mitt Romney
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 03:59:15 pm »
Journalism isn't just dead — it's decomposed.
As David Burge (Iowahawk) wrote: "Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving".
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 04:04:38 pm »
As David Burge (Iowahawk) wrote: "Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving".

:yowsa:   :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Absalom

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 05:04:15 pm »
A half century ago in 1964, Barry Goldwater of Arizona, a legitimate Conservative
and former AF Major-General, became the GOP nominee.
That event energized republicrat lefties Rockefeller, Scranton, Romney, Cahill, Bush
and others, to organize an aggressive media campaign to discredit and defeat him.
It was successful and ushered  in LBJ.
This current Romney schmuck is simply a clone of his crony capitalist and unprincipled
old man, who belongs in the D Party!!!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 05:05:52 pm »
A half century ago in 1964, Barry Goldwater of Arizona, a legitimate Conservative
and former AF Major-General, became the GOP nominee.
That event energized republicrat lefties Rockefeller, Scranton, Romney, Cahill, Bush
and others, to organize an aggressive media campaign to discredit and defeat him.
It was successful and ushered  in LBJ.
This current Romney schmuck is simply a clone of his crony capitalist and unprincipled
old man, who belongs in the D Party!!!

:yowsa: Absolutely!

- J. R. R. Tolkien