Author Topic: Tension mounts in Canada as election nears (3 days away, Trudeau vs. Scheer)  (Read 195 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tension mounts in Canada as election nears
[AFP]Julien BESSET, with Michel COMTE in Ottawa    ,AFP•October 18, 2019

Montreal (AFP) - With just three days left before Canada votes in a hotly contested election, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Conservative rival Andrew Scheer on Friday ratcheted up the mudslinging, as both seek to avoid ending up with a minority government.

Policy announcements gave way to calls to vote strategically on Monday -- for Trudeau's Liberals, that means staying in power and preventing a rollback of his progressive policies.

They claimed the Tories were seeking to allow assault rifles on Canadian streets.

Read more at: https://news.yahoo.com/vote-splitting-fears-raised-final-days-canada-election-063242929.html

Somehow I hope the Conservative, Scheer can win but even then, the breadth and scope of their election is fairly tame I'd say compared to ours.

I think Trudeau has indicated, he would bring in more gun control and more immigrants.  Those are more or less, some of the hot-button issues and economics too.

Trudeau did fall behind in the polls but it's probably tightened up again and sometimes, poll are meaningless.