Author Topic: Trump says Gowdy can't join his legal team 'for a couple months'  (Read 123 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says Gowdy can't join his legal team 'for a couple months'
By Brett Samuels - 10/10/19 07:52 PM EDT

President Trump on Thursday said former Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) can't to join his outside legal team for a "couple months" because of lobbying rules one day after it was announced that Gowdy would serve as his counsel.

"Trey Gowdy is a terrific guy," Trump told reporters outside the White House as he departed for a campaign rally.

"I think there's a problem with — he can't start for another couple months because of lobbying rules and regulations," he added. "So you'll have to ask about that. I just heard that Trey Gowdy can't start til some time after January because of the lobbying rules and regulations. So I don't know. We'll have to see."

Trump's lead personal attorney, Jay Sekulow, said Wednesday night that Gowdy would serve as counsel to the president in response to the House's impeachment inquiry.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/465323-trump-says-gowdy-cant-join-his-legal-team-for-a-couple-months
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Trump says Gowdy can't join his legal team 'for a couple months'
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 12:51:39 am »
Related: The mystery CIA "whistleblower," turns out to have worked with Biden days  the VP.

Nixon had John "the snake" Dean, and Trump has the entire "intelligence" establishment, past-present-future?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln