Author Topic: A foot of snow is forecast to bury crops in Great Plains, Canada  (Read 1023 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: A foot of snow is forecast to bury crops in Great Plains, Canada
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2019, 08:14:44 pm »
Where is this Global Warming they keep talking about?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2019, 12:19:36 am »
Where is this Global Warming they keep talking about?
They changed it to climate change. As if it hasn't been happening since the planet formed, these poor, mentally ill people wish to take on the burden of guilt for events beyond anyone's control, with delusions of grandeur about being able to effect change and save a whole planet they have no control over.

Even worse, this mass hysteria/delusion continues to the level that it affects government policy, and perhaps, even species survivability at current technological levels.

I would prefer they simply don sackcloth and ashes and roam the planet flagellating themselves and each other. At least that would confine all but the effects of the relative trauma of witnessing such graphic behaviour to those who desire to embrace that guilt, without causing major disruptions which might cause untold misery and even the deaths of those unaffected by their psychological disorder.  Institutional confinement might be even more desirable.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2019, 12:24:22 am »
They changed it to climate change. As if it hasn't been happening since the planet formed, these poor, mentally ill people wish to take on the burden of guilt for events beyond anyone's control, with delusions of grandeur about being able to effect change and save a whole planet they have no control over.

Even worse, this mass hysteria/delusion continues to the level that it affects government policy, and perhaps, even species survivability at current technological levels.

I would prefer they simply don sackcloth and ashes and roam the planet flagellating themselves and each other. At least that would confine all but the effects of the relative trauma of witnessing such graphic behaviour to those who desire to embrace that guilt, without causing major disruptions which might cause untold misery and even the deaths of those unaffected by their psychological disorder.  Institutional confinement might be even more desirable.

Actually, according to an article the other day, they've dropped the verb altogether.  Now us heathens are just "climate skeptics".
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2019, 12:33:53 am »
Actually, according to an article the other day, they've dropped the verb altogether.  Now us heathens are just "climate skeptics".
What? Obviously there is a climate. It has been changing for as long as there has been an Earth.

It's just that humans can't really do Jack about it--we're just along for the ride.

If these poor demented souls want to feel guilty because the sun didn't shine, go ahead. Everybody needs a hobby. Just keep it out of public policy.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2019, 03:07:15 am »

Climate skeptics.  Does that mean we are skeptical that there is a climate? 

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2019, 03:44:54 am »
Climate skeptics.  Does that mean we are skeptical that there is a climate?

Sounds kind of stupid when they say it out loud, IMO.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2019, 04:51:39 am »
Sounds kind of stupid when they say it out loud, IMO.

Well, the hoax these guys are peddling is stupid, so...

Sad thing is that there are so many stupid people who believe this nonsense.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2019, 06:11:35 am »
Looks like a little band of snow in the TX/OK panhandle at the moment.
The Republic is lost.