Author Topic: Adam Schiff Hid CIA Whistleblower Concerns from Republicans on Intelligence Committee  (Read 568 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kristina Wong 2 Oct 2019

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) did not notify Republicans on the committee of an intelligence official who came to one of his aides with concerns about President Trump before filing an official whistleblower complaint, according to the top Republican on the committee.

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) said in a statement:

We learn from the press today that Chm Schiff had prior knowledge and involvement in the [whistleblower] complaint. He withheld this info from the American people and even from the Intel Cmte. In light of this news, it’s hard to view impeachment as anything aside from an orchestrated farce.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/02/adam-schiff-hid-cia-whistleblower-concerns-from-republicans-on-intelligence-committee/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Schiff may have outwitted himself.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Which is a low bar for that nitwit.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Understand that there is an administrative procedure for intelligence whistleblowers, and in essence Congress is the last stop, not the first.

Not that there was much anyway, but Schiff has totally blown his credibility here.
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

Offline jpsb

As I've been saying since this first broke

This is a setup, first a whistle blower (WB) in the intelligence community (IC) can
only file a complaint and the Inspector General (IG) of the IC can only investigate
the complaint if it is about a current or former employee of the IC. President Trump
is not an employee of the IC so it was illegal for the ICIG to act on this complaint.
Also up until a few weeks ago the WB had to have first hand knowledge of the
misconduct not hearsay. The ICIG changed that so that our WB could file his illegal
complaint. What we have here is someone(s) in the IC with the assistance of the ICIG
found a willing IC employee, leaked classified info to them and then helped them
write a complaint and at the same time the ICIG changed the rules to allow hearsay
evidence and ignored the fact that he (the IG) had zero authority to investigate the
president. And all this was done in consolation with Dem leaders in the House. The
plot to overthrow our president is on going and they are getting bolder.

Offline Victoria33

Article says Schiff did not talk to the whistleblower, whistleblower talked to one of his aides so Schiff had no personal contact with whistleblower.  Aide told whistleblower to get attorney and file required document about what he/she knew. 

"Indeed, the Times report revealed that Schiff’s aide had informed Schiff about the official’s concerns, and advised the whistleblower to get legal help and file an official whistleblower complaint with the intelligence community inspector general."

« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 02:43:43 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Well he is unarmed in that department.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Article says Schiff did not talk to the whistleblower, whistleblower talked to one of his aides so Schiff had no personal contact with whistleblower.  Aide told whistleblower to get attorney and file required document about what he/she knew. 

"Indeed, the Times report revealed that Schiff’s aide had informed Schiff about the official’s concerns, and advised the whistleblower to get legal help and file an official whistleblower complaint with the intelligence community inspector general."

Yes, but Schiff said "his office" hadn't talked to said leaker.  Schiff clearly lied.

Offline Victoria33

Yes, but Schiff said "his office" hadn't talked to said leaker.  Schiff clearly lied.
@Sanguine

It's according to the definition of "office".  According to article, the aide worked for the Intelligence Committee, not Schiff's personal office.  Also, there was nothing written down to tell committee.  Aide didn't know enough to tell the committee.  It was just aide having verbal talk to whistleblower and telling him/her what to do.  That would be second hand info. of which aide didn't know enough to tell committee.  This is a case of semantics.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 03:22:51 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

It's according to the definition of "office".  The aide worked for the Intelligence Committee, not Schiff's personal office.

No, Schiff said Schiff's office had not spoken to the leaker.  They had.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

"Indeed, the Times report revealed that Schiff’s aide had informed Schiff about the official’s concerns, and advised the whistleblower to get legal help and file an official whistleblower complaint with the intelligence community inspector general."Boss. 

To accept that at face value is to believe Shiff's staff does this kind of work without consulting the Boss.  That requires a major suspension of disbelief.  Of course Schiff was in on it from the start, and engineered this for maximum damage. That tale requiring blind faith is what's unraveling today.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

To accept that at face value is to believe Shiff's staff does this kind of work without consulting the Boss.  That requires a major suspension of disbelief.  Of course Schiff was in on it from the start, and engineered this for maximum damage. That tale requiring blind faith is what's unraveling today.
@Cyber Liberty

Sure, the Intelligence Committee aide, second hand, would tell Schiff a whistleblower was going to make a report, but your saying Schiff knew the whole thing at the beginning,  means there is no point in further discussion.  You and I have different opinions of what happened.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Sure, the Intelligence Committee aide, second hand, would tell Schiff a whistleblower was going to make a report, but your saying Schiff knew the whole thing at the beginning,  means there is no point in further discussion.  You and I have different opinions of what happened.

The truth will eventually come out, proving one of us correct.  I'll wait.  So far, the dribs and drabs coming out indicates Schiff lied when he said he knew nothing of it before the report and transcript were released by the White House.  So maybe he's telling the truth about other things?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

So we’re supposed to believe that Adam Schiff—after he spent 2 1/2 years conspicuously advocating for Trump’s impeachment and said he 100 percent had the evidence that Donald Trump colluded with Russia—upon hearing there’s someone outside with dirt on Donald Trump, indifferently told his staff to give him a whistleblower form and send him on his way.

Yeah, right. #BelieveShifty.

Offline conservativevoter

So, what happens when no whistleblower can be identified?  (Perhaps none existed to begin with?)   :thud:

Could happen........

rangerrebew

Adam Schiff Knew About Whistleblower Complaint Before It Was Filed
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2019, 05:52:15 pm »
Adam Schiff Knew About Whistleblower Complaint Before It Was Filed

By LifeZette | October 2, 2019 4:59PM

By PoliZette Staff | October 2, 2019

A spokesman for Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) acknowledged on Wednesday that — as speculation has suggested — the so-called whistleblower who is alleging misconduct at the White House had reached out to Schiff’s House panel first before filing a complaint — prompting President Donald Trump, during his afternoon press conference, to accuse Schiff directly of helping write the document, as Fox News and other outlets reported.

“It shows that Schiff is a fraud,” said Trump in part.

“I think it’s a scandal that he knew before,” the president also said, as the leader of Finland stood closely beside him, at his own podium.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/adam-schiff-knew-about-whistleblower-complaint-before-it-was-filed/?utm_campaign=TPInewsletter10032019nmorning&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_medium=email&utm_content=4371d3fdbb69c3b8a6473c7b9fa19141&source=TPICI
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 05:53:06 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Rep. Adam Schiff on Sept. 17: 'We Have Not Spoken Directly with the Whistleblower'

The New York Times reported on Thursday that House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) had advance knowledge of the outline of the whistleblower complaint against President Donald Trump before the complaint was filed, and that Schiff’s office advised the whistleblower on how to effectively create the complaint.

However, in a September 17, 2019 interview with MSNBC, Rep. Schiff said his office had not spoken “directly” with the whistleblower and that the whistleblower had not been advised “by the inspector general or the director of national intelligence (DNI)” on how to communicate with Congress:

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/rep-adam-schiff-sept-17-we-have-not-spoken-directly-whistleblower

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Merging related "Schiff" topics into one thread.

Offline aligncare

Merging related "Schiff" topics into one thread.

Thank you. I’m going nuts trying to keep track of all the strands in this history-making confrontation.

Just think of what’s happened. Trump called their bluff and raised the stakes! Name me any other president—past, or on the horizon—that would have been this honest and spoken this plainly about and to a committee chair and a ‘vice’ president? This moment is gold.

I’m pretty certain Reagan would have used a different way to get to the same place. But, who knows?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 06:50:09 pm by aligncare »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Sanguine

Don't confuse evil with smart. Given a choice between doing something evil and doing something smart,Schiff will ALWAYS choose evil,even when smart would benefit him more.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Article says Schiff did not talk to the whistleblower, whistleblower talked to one of his aides so Schiff had no personal contact with whistleblower.

@Victoria33

Yeah,causen weeze hillbillies iz stoopid nuff to think a boss never talks wid his staff,huh? Weuns MUS be that stoopid ifn we baleave that nonsense,huh?

BTW,has anyone ever asked him what he thinks the purpose of his staff is,and what they are supposed to do for him? It's NOT a hard question,and he should be able to answer it in just a day or two.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 06:59:18 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Wingnut

Thank you. I’m going nuts trying to keep track of all the strands in this history-making confrontation.

LOL, tell me about it.   :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Sanguine

Ask yourself this: "How would I like to explain to the US Senator that I work for and who pays me a big salary that I acting on my own on something this big,and kept it to myself?"

ANY staffer that did that would never again get a job working for any politician.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
To accept that at face value is to believe Shiff's staff does this kind of work without consulting the Boss.  That requires a major suspension of disbelief. 

@Cyber Liberty

Yeah,that's ONE way of putting it.

Is there ANYONE that even has a vague interest in politics that DOESN'T understand US Congresscritters and Senators are control freaks by nature? Nobody casual about facts EVER gets elected to one of those offices.