Author Topic: Polls shifting in favor of impeaching Trump  (Read 128 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Polls shifting in favor of impeaching Trump
« on: September 28, 2019, 09:58:28 pm »
Polls shifting in favor of impeaching Trump
by Carlin Becker
 | September 28, 2019 02:24 PM

Public opinion on impeaching President Trump is shifting in House Democrats' favor as new polls show nearly half of the country supports their impeachment inquiry.

A recent NPR-PBS NewsHour-Marist poll, for example, saw a 10-point jump in support for impeachment from April, ticking up to 49% of respondents approving with 46% disapproving. Meanwhile, a Politico -Morning Consult survey registered 36% support for impeachment, a 7-point surge in the weeks since details about Trump's July phone call with the Ukrainian president were revealed.

The latest Hill-Harris X survey observed a 12-point rise in favor of impeachment, ticking up to 47% who back impeachment versus 42% who don't. Additionally, a Harvard CAPS-Harris survey released this week found the American public split 50-50 on the issue.

“The poll shows that the public has serious concern over the Trump actions,” Mark Penn, the co-director of the Harvard CAPS/Harris Poll, said. “These are generally higher numbers than during the Mueller investigation and most consider his actions inappropriate, even if not impeachable."

However, some polling among independents and suburban voters shows less support for impeachment, as the NPR survey found that only 44% of independents are in favor while suburban voters are evenly divided.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced on Tuesday a formal impeachment inquiry into the president amid concerns over his July phone call with the leader of Ukraine. During the call, President Trump urged the foreign leader to probe former Vice President Joe Biden, his potential 2020 opponent, and his son's ties to a Ukrainian energy company. The call was also the subject of an intelligence community whistleblower complaint.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/polls-shifting-in-favor-of-impeaching-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Polls shifting in favor of impeaching Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 09:59:08 pm »
I don't believe these numbers..I want to see the stats on these polls
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Polls shifting in favor of impeaching Trump
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 10:16:54 pm »
I don't believe these numbers..I want to see the stats on these polls

It's NPR-PBS............. nuff said.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.