Author Topic: House votes to end national emergency on southern border  (Read 373 times)

Offline OfTheCross

House votes to end national emergency on southern border
« on: September 27, 2019, 05:51:22 pm »
The House voted Friday to end President Donald Trump’s national emergency along the southern border, but without a sufficient enough margin to overcome an all-but-certain veto.

Earlier this spring, both chambers passed a similar termination resolution, but without sufficient majorities to overcome Trump’s March 15 veto. The White House has threatened to veto the current resolution as well.

Under federal law, Congress may vote to end a national emergency every six months after its declaration.

The White House has used the emergency declaration to repurpose $3.6 billion of Defense Department funds appropriated for 127 military construction projects to build a wall along the southern border. Trump has made completing 500 miles of wall a priority before the 2020 presidential election.

rollcall
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: House votes to end national emergency on southern border
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 11:48:04 pm »
It's so sad that so many members of Congress have no clue who their constituents actually are and what that silly little oath thingy they all swore to actually meant. As far as I am concerned a high proportion of the lower house a good portion of the upper house should be physically booted from office for violating their oaths...........no pensions or benefits, but I would allow them some significant jail time.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 11:50:30 pm »
It's so sad that so many members of Congress have no clue who their constituents actually are and what that silly little oath thingy they all swore to actually meant. As far as I am concerned a high proportion of the lower house a good portion of the upper house should be physically booted from office for violating their oaths...........no pensions or benefits, but I would allow them some significant jail time.

The democrat party is no longer an American political party.  They have become a group of vicious, power-hungry, anti-American oligarchs. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 11:51:01 pm »
Congress is just doing what their masters demand.

I hope they enjoyed it because they'll get to do it all over again in another six months.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 11:51:58 pm »

I don’t know who the House majority thinks they’re appealing to with sh*t like this. Everything they do lately is for the 20% nutter base. The other 80% cannot be impressed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 11:55:39 pm »
BFD.  They'll get the same result they got when they tried it before:  It will pass, Mike Lee and Mittens will see to it that it passes the Senate, and will then get vetoed.  Still not enough votes to override.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 11:57:11 pm »
I don’t know who the House majority thinks they’re appealing to with sh*t like this. Everything they do lately is for the 20% nutter base. The other 80% cannot be impressed.

The Rats in the house will follow the instructions of the new Speaker, Occasional Cortex. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 12:17:40 am »
The Rats in the house will follow the instructions of the new Speaker, Occasional Cortex.

Sure seems like it. Maybe they thinks that’s where the energy is and the rest will follow along eventually.

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 12:26:49 am »
   Once a stanch Conservative, it is unfathomable to me how quickly Sen. Lee marginalized himself after the election of Romney. Amash also.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2019, 12:50:50 am »
   Once a stanch Conservative, it is unfathomable to me how quickly Sen. Lee marginalized himself after the election of Romney. Amash also.

Romney seemed to be the triggering event for Senator Lee.  Too bad.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2019, 02:00:09 am »
The democrat party is no longer an American political party.  They have become a group of vicious, power-hungry, anti-American oligarchs.

@Sanguine

And far too many of their alleged Republican counterparts have joined them as junior members of "World Wide Government,Inc".

Globalism has aspects that are attractive to both the communist left and the globalist right. The left likes the idea of control over ever aspect of the citizens lives,and the globalist right loves the idea of a One World Government that can remove all trade restrictions and lower their taxes.

The left lusts after the personal power,and the right lusts after the unrestricted trade and profits.

Truly a marriage made in hell for the rest of us.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!