Author Topic: Fox News Cuts Ties With Michael Knowles Over Greta Thunberg Comments  (Read 1084 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Fox News Cuts Ties With Michael Knowles Over Greta Thunberg Comments
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2019, 12:54:20 am »
@Victoria33

I saw two of the young people quoted in a Brietbart story about fact checks.  Here's what they said.

Jamie Margolin, 17-year-old climate justice activist from Seattle

“I want the entirety of Congress to remember the fear and despair that my generation lives with every day and I want you to hold on to it.”
 â€œWithin my lifetime the destruction we have seen from the climate crisis will only get worse.”
“The reality is my generation has been committed to a planet that is collapsing.”

Vic Barrett, 21 years old, Honduras

“I myself have felt the consequences of climate change directly. Growing up in New York I was impacted by the climate change-fueled Hurricane Sandy, which left my family and school without power.”
“I still experience grave anxiety about experiencing another climate driven disaster. As someone who already struggles with anxiety and depression…”

These are just outside the "I'm going to die" (personally) matrix.  Not very conclusive, but I am less than a Novice.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/18/delingpole-fact-checking-alarmist-kids-false-claims-at-climate-crisis-hearing/?fbclid=IwAR3U6t3MqNAGTLEgaCjh1nXM61r6p5HAPIVUXckWd4MmSM9NRFbtq1IuvOo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2019, 01:00:54 am »
I would not answer that.  Not yet.  Besides, the two are not at all mutually exclusive. :shrug:

Actually, they are.  "Just a" pawn implies not mentally ill.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2019, 01:02:00 am »
Actually, they are.  "Just a" pawn implies not mentally ill.

I see your point.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2019, 01:17:27 am »
I like it she's against that moron Hannity.

That moron is rockin’ his time slot. No other cable news show can touch his numbers. And his news team of Greg Jarrett, John Solomon and Sarah Carter do real journalism. Their investigative work often uncover new details about stories that the other outfits miss.

I don’t watch Hannity on tv, but if you haven’t listened to his radio show in a while, you should. He’s hitting his groove now. Though he’s still somewhat annoying, his monologues can often be excellent.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2019, 01:22:38 am »
That moron is rockin’ his time slot. No other cable news show can touch his numbers. And his news team of Greg Jarrett, John Solomon and Sarah Carter do real journalism. Their investigative work often uncover new details about stories that the other outfits miss.

I don’t watch Hannity on tv, but if you haven’t listened to his radio show in a while, you should. He’s hitting his groove now. Though he’s still somewhat annoying, his monologues can often be excellent.

His radio show was on my afternoon commute for years, and I've watched Hannity since Colmes was there.  I find is interviewing...unsatisfactory.  He just doesn't tickle my bone, and it's not from lack of paying attention.   :shrug:

Frankly, I thought the radio show was better than the TeeBee.
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2019, 01:29:29 am »
@The Ghost
@Cyber Liberty

Thanks for the ping, Ghost,- maybe.  I read the article.

In all my years of testing children, I only gave two children the label of Asperger's, and they were.  I personally have a good friend in his 50s, who is the poster man for "Asperger's" and he knows it and we have discussed it for years.   

What happened with labels, is written below.  They tossed Asperger's Syndrome into a larger group and named that “Autism Spectrum Disorder”.  Then, they began tossing many behaviors into that new group.  Now, it is a mass of important sounding labels and they are popular to have. 

Another one was "Manic-Depressive", which aptly described what that behavior was, and that label was changed to "Bipolar Disorder", and people wanted to have that label.  Honestly, it was/and is, a poplar label to have,as in, "I'm Bi-Polar".  Have you heard anyone boast, "I'm Bi-Polar"?  Below is what happened to "Asperger's":

"Asperger's syndrome colloquially refers to a high-functioning form of autism. Although it was once formally classified as a disorder separate from other forms of autism, Asperger’s is no longer an official separate diagnosis in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). The behavior ascribed to Asperger’s is now encompassed under the umbrella diagnosis “Autism Spectrum Disorder” in the DSM."

I would not know this child's problem until I talked with her, got her history, including medical history, and then proceed to test her.  I have not seen her behavior in action except for a short bit where she was giving a speech.  That is too little behavior for me to make a statement.

And yet you have no trouble diagnosing Donald Trump’s psychiatric disorders long distance.

Politics does strange things to people. So, you’ll have to forgive my skepticism over your psychological acumen, in light of this recent admission of yours and your history of loathing Trump.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2019, 04:46:24 pm »
Fox is always going to side with the biggest yahoo.  It's a trash network.  The Roger Ailes movie is due out in December.  I wonder if they'll mention it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2019, 05:13:00 pm »
  It's a trash network. 

Compared to what?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2019, 05:25:06 pm »
pffft!  I would think that BO answered the global warming question when he bought that multi-million dollar mansion on Cape Cod.

I stand with Knowles.   :yowsa:

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2019, 05:25:13 pm »
Compared to what?

Perhaps compared to CNN from 20 years ago.  Definitely in comparison to the networks from that era and prior.  It's nothing but grown men gossiping, interspersed with token eye candy.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2019, 05:28:15 pm »
Perhaps compared to CNN from 20 years ago.  Definitely in comparison to the networks from that era and prior.  It's nothing but grown men gossiping, interspersed with token eye candy.

I'm not sure what you're watching on there, and I admit I usually only watch a few shows on Fox, but they're solid and informative.  Maybe you need to be more selective?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2019, 05:28:35 pm »
They took it personally because they have the minds and reasoning ability of disturbed children.

There is no excuse for Fox News firing someone for telling an uncomfortable truth,though. ESPECIALLY not one that can be documented.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2019, 05:29:59 pm »
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." -- George Orwell

@Ghost Bear

No other quote I am aware of could have been more appropriate.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2019, 05:33:41 pm »
She certainly is mentally ill if she gets emotional to that degree based upon a Lie she was told/taught.

She's mentally ill, if she believes that she's never going to live to middle age.

Mentally ill people still function on some level. 

She just needs to be deprogrammed.    :laugh:

@DCPatriot

I have read that she,her sister,her mother,AND her father have all spent time in mental institutions.

IMHO,that pretty much indicates she and her whole family are mentally ill.

Go back and take a close look at her eyes as she is speaking to the crowd. Notice how her left eye seems to be seeing things her right eye doesn't appear to be aware of? I am convinced she was heavily medicated and on a good day isn't within shouting distance of sane.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2019, 05:36:22 pm »

BUMP that.
 :beer:

Offline Millee

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2019, 05:52:45 pm »
Just watched the clip.  Fox overreacted and Knowles was spot on.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1