Author Topic: Surge: 14.3 million illegal immigrants in US costing taxpayers $130B  (Read 278 times)

rangerrebew

Surge: 14.3 million illegal immigrants in US costing taxpayers $130B

by Paul Bedard
| September 23, 2019 08:24 AM

Fueled by lax laws, promises of sanctuary, and a growing threat to shut down the U.S.-Mexico border, the illegal immigrant population in the United States has surged nearly 2 million to 14.3 million, according to a new calculation from a key immigration policy group.

Citing several reasons for the growth over the past two years, the Federation for American Immigration Reform said the total could jump to 21 million in just six years without reforms to stop illegal immigration and improve legal entry.

“These new numbers suggest that we have entered a new phase of the ongoing phenomenon of illegal immigration,” said Dan Stein, president of FAIR.

Source: Federation for American Immigration Reform

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...st-130-billion

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline bilo

Re: Surge: 14.3 million illegal immigrants in US costing taxpayers $130B
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 05:12:39 pm »
...the illegal immigrant population in the United States has surged nearly 2 million to 14.3 million, according to a new calculation from a key immigration policy group.

This number is way too low. The number is more in the 35-40 million range.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/24/yale-study-finds-us-illegal-immigrant-population-s/

I think if people had a better idea of how big the number actually is they would be even more energized to secure the borders and reform immigration laws.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Surge: 14.3 million illegal immigrants in US costing taxpayers $130B
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 11:09:45 pm »
Of course it's low and your numbers are more correct.
The point is -- somebody be lyin' to us.

Because if it was REALLY reported that there are 30-40 million illegals here, I sense the Euro-gringo Americans would be a-howlin' for them to go back.