Author Topic: Trump: A Banana Republican  (Read 1351 times)

Offline OfTheCross

Trump: A Banana Republican
« on: September 24, 2019, 02:14:43 pm »
It was a dodgy arrangement, for sure. But so far, there is no evidence that Hunter Biden’s position affected his vice-president father’s relationship with Ukraine. Of course, Trump wants Ukraine to come up with evidence, or at least to open an official investigation into the matter. Just the existence of the investigation would be enough to hurt Joe Biden if he becomes the Democratic nominee for president.

To be clear: it’s not just speculation that Trump pressured the new Ukraine president to do this. Trump admitted it himself. The Ukrainian leadership is in a terrible position

With a hostile Russia on its border, Ukraine can’t afford to alienate Trump. Trump knows this. It would be unconscionable for an American president to pressure a vulnerable country to do his dirty work regarding a domestic US presidential campaign, but then again, we know that Donald Trump has no conscience. I mean that as neutrally as possible. He is demonstrably amoral. He does what he wants to do, bound by nothing.

Whatever the truth in the Biden-Ukraine matter, are we conservatives really prepared to sign off on an American president using the threat of withholding US aid to another country to strongarm that country’s leadership into doing dirty work against that president’s domestic political opponents? Think about what a future Democratic president could do with this precedent.

americanconservative

True Conservatives would impeach Trump
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Trump: A Banana Republican
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 03:20:08 pm »
Also from the original article:

Ukraine is in a desperate position, and cannot afford to alienate the American president. Based on what we already know to be true, Trump had no business bringing this up with the new president of Ukraine. That doesn’t mean it’s an impeachable offense (we would have to know more before making that determination), but this is a bright red line for a US president to cross. It doesn’t become any less severe if we discover that Joe and Hunter Biden engaged in dodgy behavior either. The Bidens’ fooling around with Ukraine is certainly fair game for Trump. But we cannot have a situation in which a US president more or less blackmails a foreign government dependent on US aid to involve itself in punishing that president’s domestic political rivals.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 03:35:31 pm »
https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

Transcript is released so a heckuva lot more information is out there on what we have.

This looks innocuous to me, a nothing burger... but people will spin it how they want.

Though, I say, "come on man, Trump will talk about things with Putin, Trudeau, AMLO, Mexico's leader." I see very little here.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 04:33:10 pm »

@OfTheCross

How would you know?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 04:36:42 pm »

I am hard core far right, and believe me, no fan of Tump.
But your statement is ridiculous.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 05:15:15 pm »

@roamer_1

He's  a Dim trying to cause problems,

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 05:28:28 pm »
@roamer_1

He's  a Dim trying to cause problems,

@sneakypete
Whatever... It is still an absurdity until there is a provable violation of law. That is what a true Conservative would pay attention to.

I would certainly withdraw whatever meager support there is, and encourage impeachment/indictment to settle the matter. But that begins with a valid accusation... A real and apparent violation of law.

And that ain't there.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 05:29:18 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 05:31:53 pm »

We would  need an investigation first before impeachment would be justified

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 05:50:50 pm »
Every time a leftist starts a sentence with "True conservatives would..." God kills a kitten.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 11:02:46 pm »
We would  need an investigation first before impeachment would be justified

Of course. The impeachment prompts the investigation. Then the trial takes place.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 11:04:39 pm »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 11:05:24 pm »
@OfTheCross

How would you know?

I'm a True Conservative  wink777

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2019, 11:22:46 pm »

And you learned Trump is a Banana Republican in Sundae School.   :whistle:   
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2019, 11:27:33 pm »
 :laugh:
And you learned Trump is a Banana Republican in Sundae School.   :whistle:

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2019, 03:57:07 am »
A true conservative like that maggot Mitt Romney?  Please!

Trump as POTUS has produced more results while facing the greatest resistance of any president perhaps in our entire history.  Imagine if he had a Congress that was willing to work with him for the benefit of the American people?  Well, I can dream.

Fact is, both parties have opposed him every step of the way.  What a terrible thing, and a dark stain in our history. 

I consider the Dems as enemies of the state.  And worst case scenario, we end in some form of Civil War, the Dems will face a French Revolution style outcome.  If that is the case, I would not want to be any of the highly visible Dems.  Adam Schiff with all his endless lies regarding Trump should result in his removal from Congress.  His "I have seen the evidence" against Trump hogwash.  Pathetic!

I say the Dems get brutalized in November, 2020.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2019, 04:58:31 am »

Same opinion here.  Dislike Trump, but impeachment is suicide for anyone on the political spectre center to right.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2019, 05:20:40 am »
Same opinion here.  Dislike Trump, but impeachment is suicide for anyone on the political spectre center to right.

Agreed - Although if the charges and evidence are real, that could change.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2019, 05:23:01 am »
Trump as POTUS has produced more results while facing the greatest resistance of any president perhaps in our entire history. 

No, not really. Not long ago, Conservatives were of a mind that Executive Orders, being volatile, do not count... And without EOs... Nearly bupkis.  :whistle:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2019, 07:55:33 am »
Trump's conversation with the Ukraine president is sort of cringey, but then again, if one thing defines the man it's cringey. But the USSC says high crimes and misdemeanors. Until I see something like that, impeachment isn't on the table as far as I'm concerned.

Trump makes sure he says things like "contact my lawyer", as in, Trump will do whatever he can within the technical bounds of the law.

Sigh...  Good trump bad trump. He brings attention to needed things, like how working people feel screwed over by trade policies, unchecked illegal immigration etc. But he also basically plays by what he can legally get away with.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2019, 10:09:08 am »
  Not long ago, Conservatives were of a mind that Executive Orders, being volatile, do not count...

@roamer_1

By "not long ago" you mean "never",right?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2019, 10:47:37 am »
No, not really. Not long ago, Conservatives were of a mind that Executive Orders, being volatile, do not count... And without EOs... Nearly bupkis.  :whistle:

Not really fair to Trump though, he's one man, not a dictator. And we live a democratic republic, that's the way it works.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2019, 03:46:08 pm »
@roamer_1

By "not long ago" you mean "never",right?

@sneakypete
Nope. I mean exactly what I said. I was not odd-man-out on that.

And it's true. All y'all will be howling at the moon when the next dem president walks in and cancels the Tump legacy with the stroke of a pen in the first 100 days. And that is exactly what will happen.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2019, 03:47:43 pm »
Not really fair to Trump though, he's one man, not a dictator. And we live a democratic republic, that's the way it works.

Yeah, and that's the problem. He is governing like one man. Probably his biggest failure.

Online libertybele

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2019, 03:55:59 pm »

Well, you said it.  So ... what exactly defines you as a 'true conservative'?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2019, 03:57:16 pm »
Yeah, and that's the problem. He is governing like one man. Probably his biggest failure.

I see it more as his hands have been tied.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.