Author Topic: PJ Media: Trump Must Punish the Mullahs Severely for Attack on Saudi Oil Fields (Roger L. Simon)  (Read 359 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump Must Punish the Mullahs Severely for Attack on Saudi Oil Fields
By Roger L. Simon September 16, 2019

The raid on the Saudi oil fields was at least as big as Pearl Harbor, possibly bigger, if you think about it, especially in terms of the amount of physical damage done. Whether this was accomplished directly by Iran or by one of its proxies or whether drone or cruise missiles or both were involved are distinctions without a difference. It happened and the repercussions, financial and otherwise, are already being felt.

Of course, the i's must be dotted (the U.S. is already claiming conclusive evidence), but assuming that is done, Iran (i. e. The Islamic Republic and its holdings) must be punished severely or they will continue their actions, pushing further and further as they have been. You can claim this last one was an attack on Saudi Arabia, not us, but this is the world's oil supply. It affects economies around the globe. In cases like this, there are no national borders. Iran cannot be allowed to continue under any circumstances. You don't have to like the Saudis to see the extreme danger.

At this point too, it would be unwise, in fact, counter-indicated, for Trump to talk to Iran's leadership. Our president--at the behest of the French president, who looks like a fool at the moment-- was rumored to be meeting with Rouhani at the U. N., even though the Iranian president is nothing but a figurehead. (An American president should be meeting with Ayatollah Khamenei, the country's Supreme Leader, and dictator.)  Furthermore, this isn't like talking with Kim Jung-un, who fired some missiles into the ocean for show. The weapons here were fired directly at the world's largest oil refinery with disastrous results. What the mullahs--a regime of religious psychopaths--will do next is anybody's guess, but stopping their behavior without making them pay in the strongest way seems impossible now.

This absolutely should not mean putting American boots on the ground under any circumstances. It should be an air obliteration of anything associated with the mullahs and their Revolutionary Guard, including oil fields, ports, factories, military installations, and nuclear sites. Keep doing it until they scream. Leave the results for the Iranian people to sort out when we're done.

Read more at: https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/trump-must-punish-the-mullahs-severely/?utm_source=pjmedia&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl_pm&newsletterad=&bcid=d31893f985607fb7fd72d76cd680e9e5&recip=19184010

Enough of the comparisons to Pearl Harbor. I did not hear of anyone being killed in this incident though, it wouldn't surprise me.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
This was an act of war on Saudi Arabia.  This attack is not the responsibility of the USA to respond to, it rests on SA.

France only cares about the commerce they have with Iran.  The French are worthless as allies.

Not responding to prior attacks in the gulf by Iran was a mistake for the nations in the gulf.  My opinion, they should have unified to take out Iran's entire navy.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Fact of life #4673

Until the Mullah regime is removed from control of the Iranian government there will never again be any stability in that region.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Why do we need to punish them?  Let the Saudis do that.

Offline berdie

Fact of life #4673

Until the Mullah regime is removed from control of the Iranian government there will never again be any stability in that region.

Although I admire your optimism...I think fact of life #4674 is...there has never been peace there and never will. :(

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sanguine asks:
"Why do we need to punish them?  Let the Saudis do that."

The Saudis don't do anything for themselves.
Whether it's pumping the oil, maintaining their infrastructure, or fighting their wars -- they hire others to do it.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing their entire country blown straight to hell.
Where it belongs.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump Must Punish the Mullahs Severely for Attack on Saudi Oil Fields

What the hell kind of logic is this? 

It's the Saudis who must punish the Mullahs severely for the attack on their oil fields.  We can throw munitions in their direction ... but this is the kingdom's fight. 

The last thing we need is to overtly insert ourselves into an age-old Sunni-Shite feud.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Somebody needs to. This wasn't just part of a spitting match from two regional players, Iran attacked the global supply of oil, and by extension the global economy.

They will be emboldened if no one does nothing, and continue to up the ante.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 01:03:11 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sanguine asks:
"Why do we need to punish them?  Let the Saudis do that."

The Saudis don't do anything for themselves.
Whether it's pumping the oil, maintaining their infrastructure, or fighting their wars -- they hire others to do it.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing their entire country blown straight to hell.
Where it belongs.

Yeah, it was a semi-rhetorical question.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

This was an act of war on Saudi Arabia.  This attack is not the responsibility of the USA to respond to, it rests on SA.

France only cares about the commerce they have with Iran.  The French are worthless as allies.

Not responding to prior attacks in the gulf by Iran was a mistake for the nations in the gulf.  My opinion, they should have unified to take out Iran's entire navy.

Completely agree,  If we keep doing all the heavy lifting, why would they?

That said, it is Iran, so if in the process we should happen to help KSA by knocking out (most of) Iran's air defense with missiles, or accidentally drop a couple nukes on Tehran (with the majority of the KSA Air Farce overhead?), well, I hope someone gets some good footage so I can watch the replays.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.