Author Topic: Israel blamed for spy devices found near White House  (Read 415 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Israel blamed for spy devices found near White House
« on: September 12, 2019, 01:30:43 pm »
Israel blamed for spy devices found near White House
by Caitlin Yilek
 | September 12, 2019 08:52 AM

Israel was most likely responsible for the cellphone surveillance devices that were found near the White House and other sensitive areas around Washington, D.C., last year, according to former U.S. government officials.

The cell-site simulators, known as “StingRays,” are able to intercept communications and track the location of cellphones.

Former officials, who spoke with Politico, said a forensic analysis of the devices led the U.S. to conclude Israeli spies had placed them.

“It was pretty clear that the Israelis were responsible,” a former top intelligence official said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/israel-blamed-for-spy-devices-found-near-white-house
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Israel blamed for spy devices found near White House
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 02:09:13 pm »
We need to remember, as a nation we don't have friends, we have allies.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 06:11:27 pm »
Former officials, who spoke with Politico, said a forensic analysis of the devices led the U.S. to conclude Israeli spies had placed them.

“It was pretty clear that the Israelis were responsible,” a former top intelligence official said.

So these devices were found last years, but Politico's sources are annoymorous FORMER officials? Color me skeptical. Let me propose an alternative narrative: Trump-hating anti-Israel former something-or-others concocted this accusation to try to poison US-Israel relations that have been significantly strengthened by Trump. My alternative narrative has as much evidence for it as Politico's narrative.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 06:16:31 pm »
So these devices were found last years, but Politico's sources are annoymorous FORMER officials? Color me skeptical. Let me propose an alternative narrative: Trump-hating anti-Israel former something-or-others concocted this accusation to try to poison US-Israel relations that have been significantly strengthened by Trump. My alternative narrative has as much evidence for it as Politico's narrative.

(cough!)John Brennan(cough!)
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 06:22:02 pm »
Israeli elections are coming up in days BUT, somehow they say these were planted last year, so maybe they decided to come out with this information now?? And as PeteS in CA astutely points out, an anonymous source. And, Israel denies this, see full article below.

Netanyahu's office called allegations that Israel was spying on U.S. soil as "a blatant lie."

“There is a longstanding commitment, and a directive from the Israeli government not to engage in any intelligence operations in the U.S.,” it said in a statement. “This directive is strictly enforced without exception.”

See article: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/netanyahu-denies-report-israel-planted-spy-devices-near-white-house-n1052941

I even think I saw a headline earlier mentioning something like anti-semitism... but that is not in the NBC article.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 06:23:34 pm »
This is a hit piece the press loves to print to drive a wedge between our two countries.   Until such time as there is a shred of tangible evidence..... I'll stand with Israel. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 06:25:26 pm »
Yeah... No.
I think the Israelis are capable of something far more elegant than a stingray trap.

This is kinda-getting-old tech, and doesn't work against encrypted or firewalled phones, which most sensitive phones would be.

So why point a bony finger at the Israelis, whose hacking capbilities are world class?

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 08:37:37 pm »
We need to remember, as a nation we don't have friends, we have allies.

That's the truth. How many countries give the US aid?